[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Road Trip 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.png (295 KB, 1208x693) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
295 KB, 1208x693
Going on a grand adventure for mostly hiking, and a bit of camping/fishing on the side. Any tips, advice, or other suggestions for our itinerary? Any important heads-up info on the locations before we take off in four days?

Colorado
>Colorado Springs (Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak)
>Manitou Springs (Cave of the Winds)
>Snowmass
>Abandoned Crystal Mill
Utah
>Arches National Park
>Slot Canyon
>Grand Staircase
>Bryce Canyon
>Cedar Breaks
>The Glorious Zion
Arizona
>Antelope Canyon
>Grand Canyon
>Lava River Cave
New Mexico
>Chaco Culture National Historic
>Bandelier National Monument
>Taos (Wheeler Peak)
>Cimarron (Valle Vidal)
>>
File: GotG.jpg (183 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
GotG.jpg
183 KB, 800x600
petrified forest in az was pretty cool. definitely worth a stop, imo.

what time of year are you doing this?

pic from garden of the gods last monday
>>
>>759194
Might stop by there if we have plenty of time. The most we plan to spend on the trip total is about 19 days, as that's all we could effectively take off from our jobs.

We're leaving on the 11th of this month. So about 4/5 days away.
>>
>>759194
haha lil' guy's all tuckered-out. is that the giraffe or one of the tigers? :)
>>
File: pikes peak may 1st.jpg (238 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pikes peak may 1st.jpg
238 KB, 800x600
might check the status of pikes peak's summit. it was pretty damn white when i was just there. might still be closed.
>>
File: denver aquarium.jpg (139 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
denver aquarium.jpg
139 KB, 800x600
>>759206
still the giraffe. i keep it clipped to the pack pretty much permanently so no matter what else i forget he always has a toy.

he had a cold that day. :(

perked up at the aquarium, though. :)
>>
>>759209
Actually thank you for that reminder. The friend I'm going with is a Colorado native, and he said he wants to go back to Pike's Peak.
>>
File: Wizard Dog.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Dog.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1080
OP here, figured I'd just post back on this thread instead of making another.
Tried looking on the websites but couldn't find anything.

>Is dispersed camping allowed at Zion and Maroon Bells? We plan on camping a few times in each state, but those are the two places I WANT to really camp at.

pic not related
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.