[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>is this state /out/ approved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Map_of_Alabama_terrain_NA.jpg (244 KB, 810x1340) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Alabama_terrain_NA.jpg
244 KB, 810x1340
>is this state /out/ approved
>>
>>758197
No.

Just having a lot of undeveloped space does not make a state /out/. AL has no compelling geography, no mountains no deserts no tundra no great forests. You have some tiny bit of coastline but it is developed.
>>
>>758199
>>758197
>such a shitty state, they didn't even let them have a fair share of beaches

Alabama actually doesn't seem too bad for /out/. If you are further north in the state, I bet the weather is pretty mild year round for hunting, fishing, and general innawoodsary.
>>
>>758197
Being that cucked by Florida.
Florida
Florida!!
>>
>>758199
Alabama has mountains, it's not the Rockies but they're there. It's actually really pretty out there.
>>
>>758197
I'm not a burger but google shows me some pretty beautiful nature
>>
Used to live in North GA. Supposedly there is some pretty decent spelunking in northeast AL. Always meant to go do some exporing up in northwest GA and northeast AL. Other than that, AL is pretty rough /out/wise.
>>
>>758199

Lots of awesome rivers and swap, old growth cypress (where it is left)

I say there are great things to find and enjoy!

SC just got a NP and AL is the same bioregion.

https://www.nps.gov/cong/index.htm

I have been camping/ hiking at Conagree and it was awesome.
>>
Resident on the Alabama side of the AL-GA border and novice /out/doorsman here.

GA seems solidly better for /out/ opportunities, but fuck those non-resident fees. I'm desperately looking for better AL /out/ places.

Checked out Tuskegee National Forest today. It's a solid OK/10. Pine forests, very few other visitors, and weird situations where there's still residential property in the park area. You'll hike along a dirt road and BAM! there's like three trailers, a black kid mowing his lawn, and a cemetery.
>>
>>758869
my father told me about those. there were stints where companies were buying out swaths of land, and pressuring the older local black folk into selling land they earned from some BLM act a while ago, for obviously cutthroat prices. black community leaders were successful in telling the landowners in keeping the land, but you now have pretty ungeometric relation between larger private properties and smaller residential ones
>>
Is Alabama a meme or this can actually happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKcJ-0bAHB4
>>
>>758999
Do you want a breakdown of what's legit in that video and what's not?

Shot up street signs are commonplace.

White trash being white trash? It happens.

Being able to call up a gang of trailer trash (aka "the boys) with nothing but a phone call and a promise of crystal meth? Yeppers.

The Top Gear crew set out to antagonize a particular ethnic group and succeeded. I'd expect about the same if not worse if they wrote anti African American statements on their car and drove through Atlanta ghettos. Like, imagine writing "RAP = NIGGER NOISE" and "TRUMP 2016" and then driving down Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Long story short, don't paint a target on yourself no matter where you go.
>>
>>759032
Pig ignorant yokels are an ethnic group now?
>>
File: whiteTrashProfessor.jpg (98 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
whiteTrashProfessor.jpg
98 KB, 300x300
>>759060
By strict definition of ethnic group, yes.
Southern white trash share a common:
Religion - Protestant Christianity
Language - Barely English
Culture - Shooting shit and fucking family.
This is all a little tongue in cheek, but you get the idea.

You could also sub divide the general poor Southern white into the rednecks, white trash, hillbillies, Creoles, etc., etc. and then compare and contrast the groups.
>>
>>759060
just like menial philistines are
>>
No. /out/ is a circle jerk for Californians
>>
File: south-carolina-county-map.gif (33 KB, 750x594) Image search: [Google]
south-carolina-county-map.gif
33 KB, 750x594
h-hey, what's /out/'s opinion on SC
>>
>>758197
>>759314
see >>748031
>>
>>759314
Only upstate, but you might as well go to nc or tn
>>
The coast is nice everything is else is kind of boring. Chewacla park in auburn is nice. Fort Payne is nice too.
>>
>>758204

>weather is pretty mild year round

u fukken wot m8?

not much /out/ going on there but Roll Tide anyway y'all
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.