[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey boys, guy from /ck/ here. My 3 other buddies and I are going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (134 KB, 208x295) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
134 KB, 208x295
Hey boys, guy from /ck/ here.

My 3 other buddies and I are going back country camping. We're bringing some brown rice, beans, onions, garlic, some spices, peanut butter, and possibly we might catch some fish. We're in Ontario. Any ideas what we could forage/bring food wise? Thanks

pic unrelated
>>
>>758013
Butter for camping... nigga that is retarded. Use lard or crisco as they are far more heat resistant.
>>
>>758032
He said peanut butter anon, not butter.
>>
>>758032
He said peanut butter moran. Personally i use olive oil instead of butter when /out/ but it isn't the same.
>>
>>758032
Look nigga I've never gone camping and packed food before. But thank you for the help.
>>
File: 138298731358.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
138298731358.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>758032
>crisco
>transfats/hydrogenated oils
>better than butter in any way shape or form
>>
>>758042

I actually plan on bringing a fat, so Oil it is? Or Crisco?
>>
>>758046
I buy pig fat, render it, and bring that when /out/ for cooking. It's solid (unless you are in a warm enviroment of course) so no worries about it dripping and staining my things inside the pack.
>>
>>758046
The better option is rendering fat. Pig fat is easier and crisco is the modern krogers eqivelent. Those kikes figured out about chicken fat 3000 years ago. Read a kosher forumn about that. But yea i just buy a 3 dollar bottle of oil. I am fucking destitute but I still don't like making my own fats.

Crisco is better for calories though. I will give it tgat.
>>
>>758067

I mean all we're doing is canoeing, and portaging. I guess Crisco is the better option here. Do I use it just like butter/oil?
>>
>>758045
The fact you don't need to chill it is a huge plus.
>>
>>758069
Yea pretty much. It is an aquired taste. But yea it subs for that. I prefer olive oil as it tastes better but it is heavier.

As the other guy said you can make your own fats. It's sort of disgusting though to see this crap you are eating. And it takes fridge space.

If you boil chicken at home you should look into it though.
>>
>>758078

Not enough time/money to make my own fats, I might as well bring some oil. It's not so disgusting to me though because it's clearly a fatty food, you know?
>>
>>758081
Yea if you're a chef then you alrady know.

I do save chicken fat from soups and stews. I have 4 different stock categories containers for it. But yea rendering fat is barefooted housewife tier.

Personally i just use oil. Others claim crisco is better. Either way you're out there for the nature. Catch fish. Enjoy the view. Forget about 4chan.

Have fun.
>>
>>758089
I will. Me and my buddies are really REALLY hyped. We're packing shit and we're going to be canoeing for a few days to teach the people who don't know how. I'm slightly scared of getting horrible intestinal problems, but I'll bring some pepto or something. That's really that I guess.
>>
>>758093
>I'm slightly scared of getting horrible intestinal problems
Why would that happen? Bring disposable gloves for cooking, take care of your hands after you pee&poo (sanitizer) and you'll be safe.
>>
>>758102

Yeah? I'm also worried about amoebas, because I'm a nigger and took a bio class. Think I'll be okay as long as I don't drink the water (Before purifying it, of course)?
>>
>>758106
Get purification tablets if you can't boil the water. You'll be giving no fucks in two days tho.
>>
>>758147

We're receiving a filter.
>>
>>758229

Bring some iodine if you're really worried. Makes the water taste funny but safe to drink, it's an essential nutrient in fact which is why it's added to table salt. Also can be used to treat wounds.
>>
>>758260

Honestly I'm more worried about having an open wound and swimming.
>>
>>758283

...what?
>>
>>758283
m8 you need to man the fuck up or consider doing a couple of day hikes and a couple overnighters before going into that trip. You sound like you are going to be dragging the whole group down. Not your fault, not talking about being el macho here. You need a little bit more experience until you feel a little bit more comfortable /out/
>>
Everybody kn this thread is an idiot.

Bring normal butter if you want, butter is commonly left out at room temperature for a week or more and is safe. It does get soft, but does not melt. Put it in a ziploc bag or sealable container and carry on with your recipe!

Good luck.
>>
>>758013
Campfire or stove?
>>
>>758331
>implying I'm scared of the outdoors

Nah I'm more scared of dying by an amoeba than being impaled by a tree branch. I love the outdoors, and we're all novices.
>>
>>758315
Yeah, I guess I'm over exaggerating aren't I? I'm not going to get infected with a Protozoa and die. That's stupid.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.