[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Tent thread? Tent thread.

I require a new tent to house me and the wife for a week long camping session in the UK, and possibly more following sessions.
I have an old 4 man tent that is very shit and leaky, and am aiming to replace it. I have a few requirements.

Essential:

>waterproof, ideally 3/4 seasons
>2 man or bigger, ideally bigger because gear space
>available from amazon uk because there is so much shipping and export fees if buying from freedomland

Desirable but not essential:

>cheap, £50 if possible but flexible about this
>lightweight/packable
>>
>>757896
>I require a new tent to house me and the wife
>2 man or bigger
So a 3 person tent or you consider him your wife?
>>
>>757896
I have been considering this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B016QS5NEC/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_17?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A5TS9209LDLO5

But I am hesitant because

>small space, ideally want bigger than 2 man
>not a brand I recognise
>sneaking suspicion it comes from the Orient

Any other recommendations? Links please.
>>
>>757900
Tent capacity numbers are referred to in units of men. Don't nitpick over the use of man/person, take the PC bullshit elsewhere.
>>
Don't be that mad tripfag. Was a joke.

For that price range is very difficult to get a proper 4 season tent. Maybe consider getting a 3 season tent and a tarp to put over it if you expect heavy rain. Also, if you want to be comfortable go for a 3 person tent. You'll be able to get your packs inside and prevent them from getting wet.
>>
>>757896
Does UK have alligators? I don't unnerstan the picture?
Is this Tent General?
Are there going to be Tent Generals now?
Is there a sticky or any other white paper like thing for tents that is /out/ approved?
>>
>>757916
It's not a tent general but since you are asking, what do you want to know about tents?
>>
>>757916
The picture is funny because it advises you not to molest alligators.
In modern vernacular, molest tends to imply sexually abuse.
Therefore this sign is funny because it seems like it's saying don't sexually abuse the alligators, which is funny because its unlikely anyone could do that and live, an alligator is a dangerous reptile and would be difficult to sexually abuse, as well as most likely resulting in death by severe biting.

The purpose of the thread is not a tent general, but to suggest and post links to tents that may suit my needs.
However feel free, tents and all tent related can go here, why not...
>>
Idk about Brit land but I'm Canadian and got a solid 3 man tent for me and my gf from SAIL. It's a Bella Coola and cost 200 all in
>>
what about this one OP ?

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-spares/all-tents/grasslands-2-tent/
>>
>>758005
Looks alright, do you have any experience with this tent? It's not a brand I know
>>
>>758183
I don't have experience sorry so I'm not sure..

but terrannova is one of the best brands in the world.. this tent is made by a label belonging to the terranova group.. so it should be good..
>>
>>758184
Thanks, I think I just learned something.
>>
Currently looking at

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00H5IPJ7Y/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

>dat 10,000mm waterproof stat

Thoughts?
>>
>>758192
The only thing that I don't like about that design is that is not free standing. But as long as you are not camping over rocks, it's perfect (altough you can, using deadmans as attachment points). Vango is a well knowned brand btw. Good quality tents, and that design is literally storm proof.
>>
>>758201

It sounds ideal, I don't think I'll be camping over rocks. I just discovered the 10,000mm refers to the groundsheet, the rest is 2000 maybe 3000.

Also considering

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005LUIMKO/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE#immersive-view_1462647054281

Looks like it might be roomier.
>>
>>758727
It has a double vestible so you definetly is going to be more comfortable for you too. It also looks like you would be able to dry things faster than with the other model because of the ventilation when you open the two doors. However, that model of tents tends to be colder. But for long periods of time is what you want. If you expect heavy rain for a whole day you can actually seat inside that tent.

Hard choice desu. What I'd do is consider if I'm going to use it for hiking in the upcoming years, or you are going to mainly car camp. If you are looking to do a lot of trails, go for the Talas (you are basically moving all the time so the tent is used mainly to sleep); but if you are mostly going to use it for camping, or you are considering a babby, go for the Atlas, because is more hospitable. Hope it helps
>>
>>758770
That does help, I think the roomier one because more space for sexy tent times.
>>
>>757896
Are you car camping or hiking? I have a 3 man that's light enough to backpack with. A have a 5 man tent for car camping that's big enough for an orgy. All depends on what you're about m8?
>>
>>760686
Both, first trip will be car camping with car being used for primary storage but later trips we will be doing treks lasting up to a week and moving around a lot.
>>
>>757896

wtf were people trying to molest alligators??
>>
I'm looking for a minimalist setup for small packing space/lightweight.
is this one any good? Is there a better version somewhere else (cheaper, more durable, etc)?
https://www.tarptent.com/protrail.html
>can I use this type of setup in 4 seasons?
>how would this hold up in heavy weather conditions?
>What's the lightest/smallest packed size 4-seasoner that you know?
>>
>>761724
in proper usage molesting ≠ sexually molesting
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.