[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets say that you break your leg in the woods. No civilization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 10
File: 778.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
778.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
Lets say that you break your leg in the woods.
No civilization for about 10-20 miles/km.
How would you go about treating it? Any guides?
>>
Cut it off
>>
Wrap it in a splint, try to get saved, die
>>
Stabilize it best I can, try and crawl or hop back, and hope I don't pass out from pain/blood loss or meet something who wants to finish me off.
>>
>>755474
>Hop back
I've never had a broken leg, but a repeated jarring motion on a separated femur doesn't sound pleasant.

I'd try and get it set and signal with a big smoky fire, assuming no other immediate dangers.
>>
>>755464
direct your fellow mates to build a stretcher and let them carry you to civilisation. Of course use all communication methods first. But before i start giving smoke signals it will be the stretcher.
>>
>>755474
Crawling is better.
Hopping with a broken leg is agony.
>>
>>755464
Realistically? Crawl back
>>
>>755485
>I've never had a broken leg, but a repeated jarring motion on a separated femur doesn't sound pleasant.
Isn't that what people with only one leg do anyway? Though they have crutches to reduce the pressure
>>
File: Blood 6.jpg (31 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
Blood 6.jpg
31 KB, 400x259
crawl back, sell gold, build an oil well

treat son badly

profit
>>
>crawl back
ok but will take pretty damn long

>hop back
lmao fuck no

if youre innawoods just find a firm stick and use it as a crutch
>>
>>755464
Need more info...

What kind of break? Full compound? fracture? tib-fib or femur?

Do i have friends?
>>
>>755464
depends on how fucked you are.. the first hour of it being fucked, your body got enough fun juices going on that you can walk on it... after that. its GG.
>>
If with friends? Get them to make me all snuggly and warm, and protected from rain. Send for help. Stay warm and dry. If we have a PLB then use that or send someone up a ridge line or hill to use a phone. Periodically signal with whistle and put headlamp on SOS mode at night.

If I'm on my own? Keep myself warm and dry. Use PLB and if possible phone, periodically signal with whistle, put headlamp on SOS mode after dark.

That's it folks. Keep warm and dry and get help. Bring a method of contacting emergency services, proper planning prevents piss poor performance as they say.
>>
File: 0jpg.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0jpg.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
>>755465
>Cut it off
Exactly why I carry the Silky BIGBOY 2000
>>
>>755464
10 miles is car camping ao there really isn't' any reason for this thread.
You'd treat it like any broken bone, splint it using branches, then make crutches.

What's the big secret?
>>
>>755576
>Periodically signal with whistle and put headlamp on SOS mode at night.
OMFG, how gay.
>>
>>755657
How exactly is 10 miles car camping??? where the fuck are you at that you're 10 miles away from any sort of road? Sure as hell no where in the east coast.. maybe in the desert or some shit.. then again who the fuck wants to be in the desert without some form of transport anyway? Sure as hell not me.
>>
>>755664
You can get back to your car at 10 miles in 1 hour. It's car camping.
>>
File: bough.png (50 KB, 414x316) Image search: [Google]
bough.png
50 KB, 414x316
>>755474
Yeah, stabilize is the best you can do in this situation. Searching for a good and big enough bough or something else. Would help me too with a medic pack in my backpack. Bandage around my leg, bough and stabilize it with paracord or something else.. seems not legit?
>>
>>755678
Are you saying you hike at 10 miles an hour? Jesus christ dude.
>>
File: 1456618975761.png (704 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1456618975761.png
704 KB, 720x1280
>>755678
>10 miles in one hour
>broken leg
>>
>>755464

There's literally no treatment per se for a broken leg other than to set it in a cast and wait for it to regrow. The only thing you can do in the field is lash some branches to it as a splint and keep still to avoid further pain. If you have no choice but to hobble out then grab some sticks as crutches. If you're in the highlands with no trees, then I hope you brought your hiking poles or a PLB otherwise yer fucked, sonny.
>>
File: rascalblowup.jpg (91 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
rascalblowup.jpg
91 KB, 500x312
>>755678

Taking your rascal back to the car doesn't count, anon
>>
>>755492
I'm just saying that hopping sounds painful. But having a set break in a cast is still far different from a field-set break with makeshift splints.
>>
>>755678
/neverbeenout/ here can't into math. You stupid nigger, google human foot travel speed.
>sprinting
>for an hour
>with a broken leg
Just stay in your basement. Surely you'll gain much theoretical experience, which will enable you to save us all when the zombies come.
>>
>>755464
fucking retards be smart and stay on a trail leave plans with friends of where i'm going in a couple hours rescue.
>>
>>755657
oh we got a manly man coming through, make way for his jinormous e-penis.
>>
>>755772
>>755773
Wouldn't be 10 mph with leg broken but normal hiking speed. I suspect with broken leg it would take 2-3X longer assuming I could fabricate a crutch.
>>755791
I don't understand your comment
>>755843
I'm sorry you don't go /out/. I do and that is my hiking pace. My point is at 10 miles you are not that far from your vehicle. I don't appreciate your racial slurs.
>>755849
my penis is ~average
>>
>>755855
You don't understand much, do you

Post a video of this amazing fully loaded trail running

>otherwise you're full of shit
>>
>>755464
You try to fix it up as good as you can, then you crawl over the floor until you find a good stick that you can use as crutch so you can slowly limp back to civilization while tears run down your face because of the horrible horrible pain.
>>
It's this kind of thing that makes me scared too leave my house.
>>
>>755868
*too scared to leave my house.
>>
>>755868
Cheer up. The wiring in your house could start a fire and kill you in your sleep. Or a louse could creep over from your neighbor and give you aids. Or the people in the apartment above you could have broken pipes and the water damage causes their bathtub to crush through the floor and smash you like a mosquito.
>>
>>755868
>>755880
And I'll append this by adding if you don't have a carbon monoxide detector right above you're bed you're practically already dead
>>
>>755855
10mph is not 'normal hiking speed' or any hiking speed you fucking tard.

10 miles is 1/2 a day to a days walk, that IS far from your car for the average camper. And it's DEFINITELY far with a broken leg.
>>
>>755855
you arent getting 6 minute miles in the bush. if you were, you wouldnt be on 4chan. should make lies believable
>>
>>755855
I was going to call you out on your obvious bullshit, but
>>755861
>>755882
>>755883
beat me to it. While we're on the subject of falsehoods, do you really expect us to believe
>my penis is ~average
when absolutely nothing else you posted had any semblance of truth? C'mon, anon.
>>
>>755861
>video
WTF? Who the hell has video of themselves hiking? This could be the single most absurd request I've seen.
>>755882
>normal hiking speed
Maybe not for you or most people. For me it is. On a trail, I cover 10 miles in 1-1:15, 1:30 if trail is less refined.
My point is with the broken leg and a decent crutch that you fabricated you can cover the 10 miles in less than 1 day. This is not a crazy survival/shtf situation here.
>>755883
>make lies believable
Don't care if you believe me. Your beliefs do not affect me at all. Go do what you do and I'll do what I do. I have no need to lie to impress somebody I'll never meet.
I also do not understand your statement regarding my ability to hike/trail run and how if affects my ability to navigate the internet and the choice of sites I can visit. Could you elaborate on that?
>>
>>755678
Nigger you mean 10 km/h maybe
>>
>>755896
>>755906
>10 km/h maybe
I do not appreciate your racist remark. I do not mean km/hr

I do not understand why you all are judging my ability to do something because of your ability to not do it.
>>
>>755495
Underrated
>>
File: image%3A29996.png (159 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
image%3A29996.png
159 KB, 480x854
>>755909
I grow weary of your lies, they won't get you anywhere here. The folks here generally require proofs for outlandish claims.
>why is my claim outlandish?
See pic related.
>>
>>755899

>absurd request

Absurd assertion. And of course no proof = didn't happen.

But more to the point if you really could cover that distance, fully loaded through bush then undoubtedly there would be a video somewhere of this remarkable achievement.

But there's not, because you're a neverbeenout gumguzzler who accidentally a stupid statement and now has to stick with it for the sake of pride.

herpderp nigger, herpderp.
>>
>>755909

We're judging you because you're making an idiotic assertion with no proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4djvbScDsk

What's your pack weight, faggot?
>>
>>755657
>10 miles is car camping
Is this becoming a new /out/ meme? I swear i have seen this in another thread.
I like it. Going to be right up there with river shitting, macing unleashed dogs, body slamming wolves, cairn kicking and batoning.
>>
>>755899

>The average running speed of a "healthy" adult human is probably somewhere in the range of 10-15 miles per hour.
>Although walking speeds can vary greatly depending on many factors such as height, weight, age, terrain, surface, load, culture, effort, and fitness, the average human walking speed is about 5.0 kilometres per hour (km/h), or about 3.1 miles per hour (mph).

So what you're telling me is on unpaved, outdoor terrain (inclines and declines) and with a pack full of camping gear you manage 10mph.

My. fuckin. Bum.

>>755909
Because you've got caught in your retarded lie
>>
>>755959
This made me curious so I looked and found this. It's not just me that feels this way/covers this kind of ground.

Anonymous 05/01/16(Sun)20:08:17 No.753713▶>>753741 >>753763
>>753698
>youre running into the woods at sanic speeds to achieve over 20 miles per day (anything less would be trivial, amirite?) with full gear, for two to three days,

lol what? With full packs we really only do about 10-15 miles a day at a rather relaxed pace including stops to eat, rest, take photos, and make & break camp.

A close camp, like within 10 miles of your car is an easy run, without a pack, to get to in order to recharge a phone or whatever. I'd had friends do that very thing on many occasions when we were car camping (1 hour both ways and 2 hours at the car makes for barely anything done camping). So, we camp 20-35 miles from the car to prevent it.

Now, what exactly is your problem here?
>>
>>755973
>retarded lie
or not...

Ten miles in a hour is nothing. Even a girl can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3y986HkFw
>>
>>755984
Ten miles with a loaded pack is a different scenario
>>
>>755495
Just watched this 2 fucking days ago too
>>
>>755987
>loaded pack
So if you bust your leg you're telling me that you are not going to get rid of every non-essential item to lighten your load?
Again, fucking stupid. At that point there is 1 goal only, it is get the fuck out. You are 10 miles in so you take enough food/water and leave everything else.
Get back to car and get leg set. Send in others for your stuff if you want.

You will not be carrying a full pack out so your point is moot.
>>755934
Yep, got me there. There has been no advances in equipment or human size/strength since then.
I must be a big liar because you can't do it.
>>
>10 miles is car camping

Trolling /out/ isnt very sporting
>>
>>756023
>10 miles is car camping
>Trolling
Looks like I'm not the only one with this sentiment so no, not trolling.
>>
>10 miles in an hour
This is a borderline elite time for a long distance runner, it would take years of training even in ideal conditions.
The world record for a ten mile road race (ie flat ground) was 44.24, done by Ethiopian legend Haile Gebrselassie
>>
>>755998
You are lying. We all know it.
>>
>>755984
10 miles in one hour is not possible for the vast majority of people. I'd say 99% of people
>>
>>756058
>44.24
16 minutes quicker. and for god's sake I'm not timing it to the second. I'm saying if the cell charge is running low or we want a few more beers it's no big deal to run back to the car at 10 miles. So it maybe takes 1:15-1:20 some times. I'm also not wearing a pedometer so maybe 10 miles is really 8.7. Do you see what I'm getting at. You're all so hung up on exacts instead of getting /out/ and living life.
PEACE, I'm going innawoods for the next 5 days.
>>
>>755984
>on a treadmill
m8 are you retarded?
>>
>>756192
m8 we know you're watching because you got butthurt.
Also, 8.7 miles in 1.33 hours is 6.69mph. That's sort of different from 10mph, don't you think?
>>
>>755984
mate when I go /out/ I've got 10kg on my back and I'm not on a treadmill I'm up fucking hills, stop being retarded and just admit you over exaggerated and leave it at that.

Never mind how you glossed over having a broken leg, which I suppose you've never had. Depending on the break you're going to struggle to even move your leg without jarring pain.

>>755576

this guy gets it, even tho he sounds cuck as fuck
>>
>>755536
>Do I have friends?

Not in this life or in this scenario
>>
Reminds me of the film 'Touching The Void' where one of the mountain climbers breaks his leg on the way down and his buddy leaves him for dead.

But then he hobbles back to camp over miles of glaciers and lives.
>>
>>756324
That was pure luck. If it really didn't happen irl I would have said that it was an awfull film. Don't know of any other guy so lucky involving that sort of fucked up situation in the mountains.
>>
>>756192
>>755942
>>755942
>>755942
>>755942

No response faggot? Go troll your own arsehole
>>
>>756067
far more than 99%. the claimed time is for a super elite. people that literally make it their lifestyle to be that fit. special forces and athletes
>>
>>756745
That doesn't make sense. Isn't a 5 minute mile the thing people train to attain? If you can do a 5 minute mile, and highschoolers do all the time, you can do 10 in an hour easily.
>>
>>756789
a 5 minute mile is no rarity. keeping that time for an hour and in the bush is
>>
>>756791

*with a loaded pack. Original faggot is talking about car camping, so logically that means he can carry his gear from the car to the campsite in that time.
>>
>>755973
>Average running speed is 10-15 mph
>15mph
>4 minute miles are now an average according to basement dwellers

Damn do you people actually get /out/?
>>
>>756817
No, they just shitpost and spout retarded opinions.
>>
>>756921

Welcome to 4chan
>>
>>755464
>Last summer on the Appalachian trail
>get incredibly severe poison ivy on one leg
>left leg became so swollen it was immobilized
>the gushing wound later turned out to be infected
>It was a 5 mile hobble down a few thousand feet of elevation to the nearest forest road.
>took 7 hours with some help with other hikers
>got to an ER that night then spent 4 days in the hospital

Those 5 miles were so god damn hard. Far, far harder than my one 35 mile day.
>>
Let me break down speeds for the retard in this thread, on flat ground:
1mph = saunter
2mph = casual walk
3mph = walking
6mph = jogging
10mph = running
12+mph = sprint
>>
>>756994
By retard(s) I assume you are referring to the ones that don't believe what that dude is saying.

I don't think it would be easy but I do think 10 miles/hr is doable. Not with a pack, he says he went to the car for charging a cell phone.

I also wouldn't want to do it. Only time I've ever run is when police were chasing. I prefer to enjoy my hikes.
>>
>>755984
Ramling over car camping but considering his morning run to the bus as a /out/ activity. Are you really telling us that you are running up a mountain like this? Holy fuck you are dense
>>
try breaking it back by snapping it.
>>
>>755474
Broken bones don't even hurt that bad.
>>
>>755678
6 minute a mile is full on running with no gear.
>>
>>757206
and yet 5 minute miles are commonplace?
>>
>>757149
>I don't think it would be easy but I do think 10 miles/hr is doable.

relatively flat trail, ideally paved, yeah maybe he ran down some long pedestrian trail in some park and thats what he means by car camping. But walking off 10 miles into the fucking bush from any given road is not car camping in any way shape or form, nor can you do 10 mph runs with gear, or even without gear, on unmarked, unpaved, twisty/elevated paths.
>>
>>757217
for 1 mile? not really common but plenty of people can do it. for 10 miles straight? nope.
>>
>>757149

No no, he said 10 miles is car camping. That implies that he has to carry his gear from the car to the campsite, which apparently can be done in 1 hour, through bush, with a fully laden pack.
>>
I had this shit happen to me in 2002 in the Andes, i used branches for splints, i used rope to tie them up at first but they were cutting my circulation and causing pain (leg started to swell).

So i cut off the ropes and used my belt and the straps from my backpack, much easier to bear and adjust and it didn´t cut into my skin.

Another thing that the scouts never tell you is that even with a properly made splint there is still some movement, so you are going to be in pain.

I carry the "three As" in my kit, they say to take two analgesics to deal with the pain, i took six, and i was still feeling pain.

I used two big branches as crutches and limped out of the place.

To the mouthbreather saying to walk 10 miles in an hour, it took me 12 hours to walk 8 miles. And that was on good terrain in good weather.

You sir are a proper tard.
>>
I cut my wrists with my knife and die quickly. Nobody wants to get picked apart by vultures.
>>
>>757454
>walk 10 miles in an hour
Nobody said this??!!?!?!?!
What was said was that if you were10 miles in you could make it back with a broken leg in 1/2 day which you have affirmed.
>>
>>757474
that knife would prolly be pretty effective at swiping vultures necks and faces. now after dark the coyotes or something might savage you but that's the breaks (no pun intended kek).

you know, once you shut down, are close to death start going into your life's endgame, even racoons and rodents will gnaw you to death. richard kuklinski used to kill people by tying them up and putting them in caves and grottos overnight. by morning they would be dead from the rats.
>>
>>755536
>What kind of break? Full compound? fracture? tib-fib or femur?

this. you can have a broken fibula and not even know (leg'll still hurt, but fibula's not load bearing, so if it's broken you can still stand and walk on it).

also
>open or closed
>>
>>757484

Did you even read the thread, retard?
>>
>>756817
Those are the quotes if you google 'average running speed' and 'average walking speed' you fuck, so if you have a problem take it up with google. You're getting butt hurt that I agree with you (that anons claim is totally ridiculous)

>>757149
Yeah exactly he keeps changing his fuckin story because he won't just admit he over exaggerated.

>>757395
this
>>
>>755495
>treat son badly
No no no
Treat son well until they're no longer useful and you feel like they've betrayed you then treat them badly because you're hurt the only person you've ever remotely cared about is deserting you.
>>
>>757454
>I used two big branches
What part of the Andes where you at? What height?
>>
>>757454

What are the three "A"s?
>>
>>757587
>anons claim
seems anon's claim is backed up by the google-fu or I'm really confused about what you're saying. You seem to be supporting it and claiming BS in the same post.
>>
>>757201
Found the video game wizard
>>
>>757222
>>757867
Seems to be a thing. Reading about the 10 mile hour in other threads, trail not pavement fwiw.

>>
Anonymous 05/06/16(Fri)13:58:35 >>757836>>757846
>>757793
>Can you run a marathon
So like 10 mph? Is this speed for street only or can you do it on a trail?
>>
Anonymous 05/06/16(Fri)14:17:52 >>757846
>>757836
Trails are the best place to do it puppy pal
>>
>>757723

Ushuaia, in the south end of Argentina, it´s very popular as a tourist destination, and there´s a ton of camping sites around the area, forests, mountains and rocky coasts, it´s beautiful and easy to get to. The Chilean border is a day´s hike away.

I want to go again someday.
>>757731

Analgesics.
Antiallergics.
Antibiotics.

It´s useful to carry a blister of each in your pack, they weigh nothing and will make life a lot easier if (when!) shit goes down. Be prepared and all that.
>>
broke my femur in half playing hockey once

pretty sure if it happened /out/ i would just accept death, no way i would be able to move without superhuman amounts of adrenaline
>>
>>757484
in half a day, you likely could not. i would allot a full 24 hours or even then some
>>
>>757149
As the guy who posted that I agree 10 mph is doable. I'm a trail runner so I'm well acquainted with the different paces and what's possible. 10mph is a six minutes mile which is a fast pace for out inawoods. The trails I run on (north east) all have their fair share of loose rocks, bends, roots, uneven terrain, mud, etc. So while I've run six minute miles I'd be hard pressed to run ten of them, most likely not wearing my lighter running gear, wearing a pack and lastly with a fucking broken leg.

>>757587
Calm down I was agreeing with you, my comment was criticising the post you quoted .
>>
>>757587
>>758803
That being said 15 mph is still a very fast pace and I doubt the majority of (when you consider 2/3 are overweight) Americans could even muster that for 100 yards. So I don't think that Google is being very accurate here since for the most part 4 minute miles are restricted to a track/road for elite athletes.
>>
>>757870
depends entirely on the bone, anon. also pain tolerance varies person to person. I walked around with a broken arm for a week, didn't hardly phase me. it was slightly swollen so I went to the doctor to get it checked out. When the doctor rebroke it so they could properly cast it... that fucking hurt.
>>
>>758811
exactly, anon was exaggerating even beyond the already optimistic google definitions.
>>
>>755734
>a weapon to surpass Metal Gear
>>
>>755778
You'll get a rod inserted inside the bone with screws to hold it in place. No cast and you might be ordered to start walling on it the day following the surgery.
>>
Hey everyone, I'm back from my 5 days /inna/
It's good to see at least a few people get it.

I never said I could run 10 miles in an hour with a broken leg, that is just foolish. I can cover about 8/hour with a full pack but 6 is more comfortable. 10mph figure was based on being able to run to car for charging phone, extra alcohol, etc.

Good day to everyone!!!
>>
>>757870
a guy i used to play rugby with limped round on a broken leg for a week until his mum got so sick of him complaining that she forced him to go to AE
>>
File: 1440406164943.png (918 KB, 1660x1738) Image search: [Google]
1440406164943.png
918 KB, 1660x1738
>>
>>755464
Set the bone and tie a splint. You must be new at this?
>>
>>761420
is that even a valid question? you must be retarded?
>>
>>761409
>burn down the forest

Hey, it worked in that new Jungle Book movie.
>>
>>755464
go off 4chan and fucking fix it you retard
>>
>>755855
>Wouldn't be 10 mph with leg broken but normal hiking speed.
That is a lie. 4 mph is a fairly brisk walk, and you're very unlikely to even be this fast over difficult terrain. If you're hiking at 10 mph then you're not hiking, you're doing a cross-country run.
>>
>>757484
>Nobody said this??!!?!?!?!
>>757149
>Not with a pack, he says he went to the car for charging a cell phone.
You guys really need to read the thread properly. He described 10 mph as his normal hiking speed. I'm pretty sure it was a different dude who was talking about running to the car and back.

>>755855
>Wouldn't be 10 mph with leg broken but normal hiking speed.
>normal hiking speed
>10mph
>>755899
>Maybe not for you or most people. For me it is. On a trail, I cover 10 miles in 1-1:15, 1:30 if trail is less refined.

On the other hand I do agree that 10 miles isn't really that far from your car. I wouldn't exactly call it car camping, but it's not exactly /out/ either.
(Don't get me wrong, 10 miles is very far to travel with a broken leg.)
>>
>>761582

If you think that 10 miles is not far from your car then you obviously never go into very rough terrain
>>
>>755536
>Do i have friends?
You don't get to bring your friends.
>>
>>755464
I could hop 10km.
>>
>>761647
because roughness is a function of distance.

but of course.
>>
>>762325
retard
>>
This has pretty much already been explained but it has also rustled my jimmies
>>755855
>10mph hiking
>broken leg will take 2-3x longer
2-3mph is average hiking speed for most other than ultra lighters.
10mph is full on running your claiming your average hiking speed is fast enough that you can cover the same distance in 3 hours that people who thru hike the Appalachian trail struggle to cover in a full day.
>>755899
Again covering distances thru hikers struggle to cover in a day in 4 hours. If you claiming trail running with a camel back or something this changes things significantly but it appears you mean full pack hiking.
>>755973
>average running speed between 10-15mph
Average running speeds between a 6 minute mile which is 3 minutes faster than what is required to become a US marine and 4 minute mile this was considered to be impossible and it wasn't until fairly recently (1954) Olympic athletes started to beat a 4 minute mile.
Your estimates are very high to say the least. Yes people are unhealthy and the average mile time is much slower than what the average health speed is. If I had to put a realistic number on a healthy mile time it would be anything under a 10 minute mile which means a 6mph average.
>>755998
Technology has improved and ultra lighters can haul ass compared to people who don't into ultra lighting. Humans have improved if you can call it that in the last 100 years to. If you think that the average person went from what that document claims to the average healthy human being comparable to Olympic athletes at the time you are delusional at best.

Tl;dr if you claim a 6 minute mile while hiking your either a competitive trail runner who runs faster with a pack than most people when they don't have a pack on or a liar.
>>
>>755464
Splint it and crawl, it's pretty much the only option for a full break. If it's a compound fracture you need to treat the wound to the best of your ability and hope that its only tissue damage and not nerve/arterial damage. If you have a hairline fracture you can sometimes walk with assistance (leaning on someone or having a crutch) and if you break your fibula you'll be in pain but you can still walk. But if its anything else you're pretty much limited to crawling unfortunately. You'll be in a fuck ton of pain, though. I broke my leg about 7 weeks ago, it was a tib/fib spiral fracture and had an IM nail put in. Never been in so much pain, its an odd thing.
>>
>>755899
>I have no need to lie to impress somebody I'll never meet.
and yet you are trying so hard.
>>
>>762337

Being deliberately obtuse isn't really an argument in and of itself.

But yes, covering 10km of rough terrain would certainly make one consider that they are no longer car camping, as opposed to 10km of paved footpath.
>>
This thread makes me want to buy a PLB.
>>
File: thumbnail.asp.jpg (31 KB, 288x450) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.asp.jpg
31 KB, 288x450
Splint it and activate my PLB. Sit in "comfort" while waiting for the helicopter to come haul my ass to a hospital.
>>
>>755464
Crawl to get help with your trusty dog bby by your side. There's a story of survival that happened but I can't remember who, when and where.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.