[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: goat.webm (470 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
goat.webm
470 KB, 426x240
Can I train a goat to carry my stuff while hiking? Is this feasible or am I fooling myself?
>>
It is a thing that people do. You have to make sure the trail you are hiking allows pack animals. It can get very expensive when you factor in the cost of the animal, vet bills, and food. I would rather invest my money in good ultralight backpacking gear.
>>
>>754214
Alpacas are a far better choice. They also make better companions/pets.
>>
>>754214
Pack goats are a thing. The ranch I elk hunt on uses them when packing big base camps in. They are really good on narrow trails, better than horses and burros.

You can rent them from High Unita to see if you like them.
>>
goats are cute as fuck and can be GOAT companions. but they are fickle animals, and they will play tricks on you
>>
>>754214
>>754248
This is awesome, pack a preggo goat and eat it's kids along the way.
I wonder how smart they are.
>>
>>754253
You have no heart young lady
>>
>>754214
I guess it should be possible if you spend enough time with your goat. Should be 2 or 3, so they have company.
You probably need to be pretty chill, since they get a LOT of stupid ideas and can be just annoying at times.
>>
>>754253
this, this is heartless
>>
>>754253
>wanting to eat that qt in the op
Confirmed for absence of heart
>>
File: Pack Goats.png (4 MB, 1557x1969) Image search: [Google]
Pack Goats.png
4 MB, 1557x1969
>>754214
Go for it. They can't carry very much so don't overload them. Look up how to train and other tips.
>>
>>754254
>>754303
>>754329
That was actually a practiced thing you did on very long trips. You are basically farming on the hoof. Of course the trail back then was 100s of miles long and took months to cross.
>>
I mean if you wanna compare it to bringing a gf then the goat is probably better in most ways. How good is the puss though??
>>
>>754214
That goat is adorable. If only they would stay like that babby foreva
>>
>>755562

Female detected
>>
>>755599
You don't find it adorable?
>>
>>755610

*edible
>>
Ggg
>>
>>754214
Get a packyak. Only 99 summoning or something
>>
>>755638
rs3? fag
>>
>>755638
>packyak
can you sex them?
>>
>>755610

>If only they would stay like that babby foreva

This is a typical female statement. When babies are young they cling to you and rely on you for all their needs. Rather than wanting to see it grow up and develop, and feel pride in how well you've raised it, you'd rather have it exist in this dependant state indefinitely, having to constantly look to you for its needs. This is just a projection of your own desperate desire to feel needed and wanted, and is the reason why my generation of men have been robbed of a proper upbringing.

So, no. I'd take much more pleasure in training it, watching it grow and mature into a reliable pack animal than cursing it to a lifetime of being smothered.

>inb4 you have mother issues
>You're damn right I do
>>
File: EUPHORIC.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
EUPHORIC.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>755729
>>
>>755749
lel
>>
>>755750
I know one of the people in that pic.
He was "That guy" in high school and I died laughing when I saw this for the first time.
>>
>>755729
All that asumptions from a single line written by anonymous. You need to stop projecting that hard m8.
>>
>>754354
Why do they all look like they've been smoking weed? Especially #8.
>>
>>755978

Nah mate it's psychological theory.

t. psychology student
>>
>>756006
Nah it's bullshit. There are many variables to consider.
>>
>>755981
They eat weeds, anon.
>>
>>754214
Silly goato hits the camera
>>
>>755729
people will call this euphoric/r9k/pol or laugh and say "hahaha nice redppill virgin" and more, but they will never actually refute this point.
>>
>>756158
You atheists and your logic
>>
>>756070

It's a common thing anon. If you ever hear your wife say "I wish our kid would never grow up" then run
>>
>>756158

Fucking this
>>
>>756070

>It's bullshit

Uh huh so your grand refutation is based on your imagination? Very nice
>>
File: wolf-pack-goat.jpg (60 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
wolf-pack-goat.jpg
60 KB, 720x540
pack goats cant bodyslam a wolf.
>>
>>756798
Agreed, donkeys are far superior for this purpose. They've got balls of steel.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.