[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of moving into a tent in the woods to get away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Granskog.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Granskog.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
I'm thinking of moving into a tent in the woods to get away from society. I'm not gonna go full survival mode though. I have a way of getting money, so I'm still going to go grocery shopping. But is there anything I need or should know?
>>
>>754139
Are you UK based?

How are you going to handle winter?
>>
>>754152
I live in Norway. I guess I'll just have to buy a winter tent and a winter sleeping bag and make campfires and such. If it gets to bad I can always go to my parents home. I do not plan on staying in the deep, deep woods.
>>
>>754158
what you gonna do, work your life away so you can pay for him but not have the time to teach him shit? that is no way to have a kid. you need to be with him as much as possible, like seriously all the fuckin time so you can teach the little bastard how not to be one of the myriad shit kids infesting the world with parents who have more work hours a week than sense. if you have a child it's your responsibility to make it the best you can, not to fuckin pay out dosh. success isn't about the money anon, not even a little fucking bit. if you have the mind set to smash the state then fucking do it. man up and follow a better path for you and your kid. 40 hour work weeks and public schools are not the fuckin way.
>>
>>754156
is everyone super nice in norway like murican tv shows say? how cold does your town get in winter?
>>
>>754181
Yes, everyone is pretty much very nice when you first start talking to them, though we can seem a bit reserved.

My town can get pretty cold in the winter though, but it all depends on where you are. If you're in the center where all the shopping stores are at, then it can get about 15-20 celsius. It's really low on the ground. I'm going to stay in a woods up on a hill, I don't know how cold that can get.
>>
>>754202
that's cool. well, it's not that bad to take on winter. i took my gear down to -20f this winter and most of it was crap from thrift stores, i didn't even have a tent.
you're gonna want a bivvy bag. when it gets real cold you gotta remember to keep your face out. your breath will soak everything and freeze shit to your face before you wake up to notice. it should be fine, you have all season to get the things you need and woods camping is pretty sweet, as long as you don't blow up your spot and people don't have a reason to shit on you you'll get away with it. as far as fires go, make a pit lined with rocks and shit that way your fire wont be all that noticeable after dark. stock up on hand warmer packs, they go for $1 per 2 pack here and they don't weigh shit but they are so fuckin nice to have around in the super cold. since you are staying by town things like that are easy to get and keep. are you gonna be doing one spot? essentially a woods squat where you will stay in the same camp the whole time?
>>
>>754208
Thank you for the advice!

And yes, I will be staying at the same spot. I think it will be easier to feel like the spot is my actual home that way.
>>
>>754217
get little scraps of carpet or rugs to put around camp. that way you don't fuck the ground up and turn it into a mud pit over time. you can do boards too, plywood and shit. build a little wall around your camp with shit from the woods to hide it a little better and make sure you keep your trash picked up. having a clean upkept spot can mean the difference of being kicked out or not if the police ever find you.
>>
If you have land rights then fell some trees into logs and leave them for a year to dry.

Come back next year n build a tiny little lodge with room for a bed, worktable and a tiny stove.

Its what I dream of doing.
>>
>>754139
>way of getting money.
Explain how you are going keep the cash coming in? I want to give you benefit of the doubt and not immediately assume it is care packages from mom or sucking dick.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.