[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
camp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1461987340225.jpg (68 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461987340225.jpg
68 KB, 500x375
Hey fags and fagettes

Anyone know of any noice spots near Aberdeen, Scotland? I'm planning a camping trip with some friends later this month and it will be our first time in this area. Wondered if anyone knows any little secret chill spots /out/ the countryside to camp. Preferably somewhere not much more than an hour away by bus, would be much appreciated.
>>
this is a slow board, bumping is NOT required.

I am Scottish (not from Aberdeen), are you a Scot or a foreigner?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462186082702.jpg (109 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462186082702.jpg
109 KB, 1280x960
Being in aberdeen you are right next to the cairngorms where ive done my fair share of solo camping and hill walking. Would be longer than an hour to get to these spots, but they are very chill and isolated.
However, it has been a very late winter and even I am having doubts about a 5 day 9 munro challenge on rannoch moor planned for a fortnights time.
Was just north of loch lomand last week and had to call it a day and come off the hill due to blizzard conditions.
I can give you locations but they would take about 2 hours to get there, not including the walk in.
Pic related glen ey in the caingorms
>>
>>754039
bump wasn't mine :S
I'm from Bristol, at Aberdeen Uni

>>754040
Yea i'm thinkin Cairngorms for sure if we don't find any closer, winter has been late but we're not planning on doing much walking once we're there besides to/from site, mostly smokin. If you know some good spots there, would be great thanks mate, are the cairngorms easy to get lost in? We probably wouldn't be looking to go somewhere too far off the path because we're all pretty much plebs atm as far as /out/ is concerned but somewhere secluded and remote for sure. Hope you're able to go thru with your challenge man.
>>
>>754045
Its extremely easy to get lost. I have been seriously lost in bad weather when hillwalking but when I camp I just follow landrover tracks till their end point and camp there.
>>
>>754047
Thas a good idea man, basically I am a complete pleb up here, what's the road situation? what's the closest sort of distance you can be from your car and still feel like you're far /out/?
>>
Cont from above

There is a spot called derry lodge north of a hamlet called Muir which is east of Braemar. Follow the landrover track and eventually you come across a boarded up lodge in a small wooded area. Im sure there is a bothy nearby aswell.
Remember the rules though: leave no trace, small fires only etc
Cairngorms are a beautiful almost untouched wilderness so just try to keep them that way.
>>
>>754052
Noted, thanks :) and absolutely will be completely respectful to the nature
>>
Then there is Glen Callater which is nearby aswell. Follow a track and eventually come to a bothy next to a small loch. I camped on the otherside of the loch as there is a gamekeeper lodge next to the bothy.

Glen ey was probably my favourite which starts of from Inveray near Muir. Follow the track and it eventually leads to an old ruin in a patch of trees. Has a fire pit and red deer are common
>>
OP gonna sleep now but will check again later and will be very grateful for any more advice even if the thread is archived. My sleep schedule is absolutely disastrous at the moment.
>>
>>754054
oh fuck man ruins would be awesome, Glen ey sounds like a possible plan, very grateful. Ok off to bed for a while
>>
Hey OP, fellow aberdeen fag. To get anywhere good basically take the bus west, you want to get to at least aboyne which is about an hour, braemar is the best but the furthest out and takes just under 2 hours from town. As others have said as well, I recommend using the mountain bothies located next to derry lodge and loch callater. From the bus stop in braemar it would take about 4-5 hours to walk to Bob scotts bothy, next to derry lodge and about 2 hours to get to loch callater lodge. These are great spots but can sometimes have a few other people, especially during summer weekends so bring a tent in case they ar efull. I'm planning on doing the same kind of trip as yourself later this year also in these areas, probably visiting them both seperatly. If you think these are too wild and remote or too far away on bus let me know and i will post some good areas nearer to aboyne.

I also recommend getting a map of the area if you haven't already, the purple ordinance survey ones are perfect and not too expensive only a couple of quid and WILL save your life. These routes aren't too complicated pretty much a straight track but you never know what could happen.

Also the bus is extortionate, about £15 for a single to braemar so watch out for that
>>
>>754126
Hey man, I'm the other guy giving advice.
Have you been in the Cairngorms yet this year? Need to know whats the weather like.
>>
>>754519
Haven't been out proper yet, only a day trip to derry lodge. Lots of snow still on peaks, imagine there will be for a while still
>>
File: 1451366884697.png (318 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1451366884697.png
318 KB, 500x499
>>754019
THEA FUCK OFF
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.