[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone hunt with a bb gun? Got some crows in my yard that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 450x450
Does anyone hunt with a bb gun? Got some crows in my yard that need to go and i have a bb gun that shoots .177 at 250 fps will that be enough to get them humanly or do i need something better? Pic related is my shit bb gun
>>
File: gamo-whisper-air-rifle-5.jpg (46 KB, 562x184) Image search: [Google]
gamo-whisper-air-rifle-5.jpg
46 KB, 562x184
if you want to scare them off/annoy them use your red ryder. if you want them dead get a Gamo break action pellet rifle and some decent pellets. Also shot placement, try for the head/neck/chest, sometimes a wing shot will deflect or just wound.

t. sKout
>>
>>754003
I had that in NZ. Good "rifle". It vibrates in an unusual manner after each shot. The stock scope is dog shit. 8/10 would buy again.
>>
>>754003
How much does this usually cost?
>>
>>753986
I only use rimfire .22lr for small game hunting. I've seen too many pellets bounce off small animals/birds. Of course, it is illegal to hunt with an air rifle here (only allowed to kill officially listed pest animal like rats, mice, starlings, etc with air rifles and slingshots.)

Always double check your local laws. Some places have weird ones or antiquated ones made when those weapons were very low powered.
>>
>>754032
Rifles like those are around $150-$200. But you could get a 700-800fps break barrel for less than $100 from Gamo and take down crows. The Red Ryder will just piss then off.
>>
File: hunter.jpg (167 KB, 757x772) Image search: [Google]
hunter.jpg
167 KB, 757x772
>>753986
ive had an actual bb gun from canadian tire, shoot maybe 200fps garbage ... later a Crosman that was 495fps pretty gud then broke then a Gamo same stats broke aswell, currently have a benjamin Nitro Trail .22 shoots about 800 with lead and 950 with pba - the lead packs a better punch personally
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 3000x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 3000x743
>>754192
Illinois has a law where you are rquired to have a FOID card for air rifles larger than .177cal and over 700fps. It's like buying a gun.

And I remember looking at the laws up there for air rifles and they vary by city which was annoying. For where I lived, as long as the projectiles stayed on my property, I was set.

>>753986
OP, there's also pic related which is a cheap and fun gun for taking out birds. Not the best for big raccoons and stuff, but will def take out squirrels and little shit.

Takes a 12g co2 cartridge, has a 12 round magazine, and you can normally get 24-36 round through before you start losing power. They only run like $60 too. I have had a lot of fun plinking birds off the powerlines with that thing.

Only problem with the co2 is during cold weather. Especially with repeating shots, it will lose power since the gas doesn't expand as fast. Gotta give it a second or two between shots. But if you really want to take out small pests, the co2 is nice just in case you miss the first shot. Break barrels, you better get it the first time.

Also the 1077 weighs aboslutely nothing.
>>
File: 20160505_135501.jpg (435 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160505_135501.jpg
435 KB, 2048x1152
>>753986

Against crows, pretty much anything less than 600 fps and over 25 yards will just bounce off them.

>>754003

about $100 for that rifle, a benjamin trail will do the trick too. Ditto on thunky vibes after each shot with a Gamo silent cat in .177 it's an accurate shooter once you get the first 500 pellets down the barrel, and yeah the stock scope sights are shit, but at least you don't have to baby the darn thing, and it'll hold zero at 50 yrds once you tighten the shit out of it.

Also learn to use the artillery hold with this rifle, don't know why exactly but it's more accurate that way.

Just set up some targets and get used to your rifle and find out how it shoots, make a range card .

With my rifle it prefers heavier pellets to get subsonic, the shots get weird with lighter pellets because of the supersonic turbulence and the shot is louder, not quite as loud as a .22lr but almost. Just under subsonic is where you want your pellets.
>>
>>753986

When I was a kid my friends and I would run around in the woods shooting each other in the butts with these

good times
>>
>>753986
>hunting with a bb gun
You'll shoot your eye out kid
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.