[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a few bullet related questions for /out/. The first is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 520px-9mmMakarov-vs-22LR.jpg (33 KB, 520x480) Image search: [Google]
520px-9mmMakarov-vs-22LR.jpg
33 KB, 520x480
I have a few bullet related questions for /out/. The first is about home defense; should I go for 9mm, 22lr or 45 ACP? Where I live I can get 22lr and 9mm in hollow point but not 45 ACP.

The second is game related; 30-06 or 308 for deer and bear? Can one rifle do it all or should I get 2?
>>
>>> /k/
>>
>>753025
>I have a few bullet related questions for /out/. The first is about home defense; should I go for 9mm, 22lr or 45 ACP? Where I live I can get 22lr and 9mm in hollow point but not 45 ACP.
>The second is game related; 30-06 or 308 for deer and bear? Can one rifle do it all or should I get 2?

Thanks brother
>>
>>753023
30-06 if you really want that bear to not rape you. Bears have taken .308 and still charge without flinching. 45 for home as it has a lower chance of penetrating walls and hitting something you don't want to hit. Use hollow points. But with 9mm you get higher capacity and that's what I carry in public. 40 is useless.
>>
>>753030
But if you really can't get hollow points that's fine. Also forgot to mention 30-06 is also good for deer.
>>
>>753030
Do TFMJ bullets have less penetration than FMJs or hollowpoints?.
>>
>6.5 Creedmoor
>40 S&W

fucking fudds
>>
>>753035
Yes but it's know as an inferior bulliet. But no one is going to like the feeling of a .45 in the chest
>>
>>753023
MODS PLS
>>
>>753028
He's right though. If you'd asked about shotguns for home defense it would be another story because you could pretend it was also for ducks.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 250x184) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 250x184
>>753049
>>753047
>>753038
>>753025

Check your privilege
>>
>>753049
Well it's home defense from the outside world
>>
>>753023
>home defense; should I go for 9mm, 22lr or 45 ACP?
This is not a question about weapons and their use outdoors.
>>>/k/

>>753023
>game related; 30-06 or 308 for deer and bear? Can one rifle do it all or should I get 2?
>>753030
>>753031
/thread

>>753035
>Do TFMJ bullets have less penetration than FMJs or hollowpoints?.
TMJ and FMJ have about the same penetration. Hollow points have less penetration, more stopping power. TMJ will leave less fouling in your barrel due to the bar of the round being enclosed, but will foul gas ports in ported firearms due to the thinner copper plating.

Seriously, you should just come to >>>/k/ -- we're better than /out/ at answering questions about funs.
>>
>>753061
>bar
Base. I meant base of the round. Fucking auto-correct.
>>
File: crow.gif (66 KB, 288x251) Image search: [Google]
crow.gif
66 KB, 288x251
>>753030
>>753031
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZ5E_JeUVo
>>
>>753023
if you want to defend yourself from a bear, bear spray is much better choice.

if you want to hunt, .308 is enough for anything as long as you don't do it from stupid distances.

I'm all for humane kills and legality, but from 100 yards a .22lr penetrates deer's skull and comes out the other way. Any complaints about .308 lack of lethality is from people who tried shooting a moose from couple hundred yards from the buttocks. You hit it on side in the lungs, it drops. You hit it on the head, it drops even from 500 yards. Hell, you can do that with a .223.

Basically, problem is not the lethality of bullet, but how shitty some of the hunters are. If you don't train, but just shoot in the general direction of your target, you will get shitty results. OF COURSE they're going to blame that on bullets. It's not like they aren't perfect.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.