[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anywhere you can buy these sleeping bag samples? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is there anywhere you can buy these sleeping bag samples? I have a relatively small dog that would fit in one, and I think it would be pretty neat to have for him.
I've tried looking on eBay, but I might just not be searching for the correct keyword.
>>
>>753002
My ex bought one from a babby goods store for her yorkshire. Didn't even knew they made sleeping bags for babies. That's all I learnt from that relationship, and now I'm sharing it with you, whom I don't now, and we are probably never going to know eachother. God indeed has mistererious ways.
>>
>>753002
Those little demo bags and tents are actually really expensive to produce and are usually only sold directly from the manufacturer to retailers.
>>
>>753021
Bummer. I've seen the tents on eBay, I guess I'll just make a small sleeping bag for the little guy.
>>
when it's cold my dog just hops in the bag with me or sleeps at the foot of my blankets. why can't you do that?

if it's not cold then your dog won't need or want coverings

you'll have to get used to the dog getting up at odd hours, but you'll need to be used to that anyway if you bring your dog camping
>>
Shoot an email to the manufacturer and ask.

Cant hurt to ask
>>
>>753050
I remember my dog use to sleep under the covers with me every night with my baby raccoon even though the room was 75 degrees.
>>
>>753069
This.

You'd be amazed what you can accomplish by asking politely. Especially with companies known for their customer service.

>be 10
>at sprint car races in rock springs
>after race drunken rednecks start cutting all the advertising signs off the fences and running off
>"daddy, can we get a banner too?"
>"no son, that's stealing and stealing is wrong"
>Mfw a couple weeks later boxes full of Pennzoil and Hoosier Tire swag show up addressed to me.

Dad called customer service and explained the situation. Asked if he could buy a banner since I wanted one but he was trying to teach me not to take things that aren't mine so they sent a bunch of shit over for free.

Slightly different situation but that whole experience really stuck with me, and since then I have accomplished some crazy shit just by being politely assertive.
>>
>>753070
>baby raccoon

wut?
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1024x768
>>753089
Ya
>>
>>753094
Wtf? I feel like this is a bad idea. I mean, it's pretty rad. But aren't you worried that one day when it's a bit older that it will rip your dick off?

I mean how much can you really domesticate a raccoon?

+1 for cool pet
>>
>>753101
He's in the wild. Friend shot the mother and she had two babies. One ran and this one crawled up his shoulder. Only fed him things he would eat in the wild. He loved crayfish. Took him swimming and he climed on top of my head. Needs constant attention. You can not leave them alone. They'll scream and find a way out and look for you. Luckily I lived at home at that time. Slept with me every night. Played with my fingers kind of like a cat. He would back up slowly then do some running hops then jump on my hand nibbling. He only had one thing for humans that he went insane for. Grape cola. As soon as it opened he would try to take the can. But eventually I let him go. I did lots of things with him out in the forest and try and teach him. I seen him a few times. Pretty sure he's had babies with his wife. Every other coon growls and runs but he stares at me and I can walk up to him and give him a pat and tell him to get on his way. But it's been a while and I will sometimes wait for a bit while drinking grape soda with my brother. I hope he's okay and just out getting some more babes. It's almost exactly like raising a child.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>753101
I know. No sheets in my shit bed. But I love this pic of him and shouldn't have looked at it now I miss him. Coons are annoying where I live and have dispatched a few but damn man I hope that boy is okay.
>>
>>753015

Kek

Presumably you also learned what her punani smells like, so looks like you got a twofer
>>
>>753087

Awesome Dad.

And yeah, asking (esp. things that other people don't even think to ask) will get you really far.

Once was bantering with a girl at the hotel front desk and she gave me an upgrade just because I asked (jokingly, was surprised when she said yes).

Once when I was a poorfag I wrote to a bunch of manufacturers of different products asking for samples. Didn't have to buy soap, shampoo, paper towels and a few other things for a couple of months after that.
>>
I'm a retail merchandiser and stuff like that is called POP, basically a visual selling aid. Typically the store will receive certain items to display with a product for a certain amount of time. Once it is no longer needed, it's either thrown away or the store manager decides who can have it.
I'd say ask the store manager, if they are being a dick about it offer to pay for the replacement POP. In most cases, paper placards are free but something like that mini-sleeping bag would have to be purchased.
>>
File: 1440971545365.jpg (123 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1440971545365.jpg
123 KB, 960x768
>>753094
oh man what a qt
>>
>>753109
>coon
>no dad
>grape soda
>lots of kids
reporting
>>
>>753094
>>753118
>>753279

Fuck yeah cool bros.

Here are my little angels. I miss them sometimes. Pic is right after rescuing them.
>>
File: 20150527_222906.jpg (359 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20150527_222906.jpg
359 KB, 1600x1200
>>753325

Forgot pic.
>>
File: fwp-social.jpg (57 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
fwp-social.jpg
57 KB, 612x612
>>753002
>>753021
>Demo sleeping bags
>>
>>754046

Did you forget how to read, dude?
>>
>>753087
>crazy shit just by being politely assertive.
such as?
>>
>>753002
>>753021
just steal one, are you implying that you've never stolen from walmart?
>>
>>753002
got one for my dog. At home, he sleeps under the blankets with me, but in a tent, I stick him in his own because i he doesnt like the lining in my sleeping bag.

I ended up going to Dicks sporting goods and asked if they would sell me one. Turns out they throw all the old sleeping bag mini-models into a box in the back. The hunting/fishing manager just gave me one.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.