[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't know if this is the right board for this. I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 34317747-mjs_unicycle_nws_kwg_1.jpg (844 KB, 2048x1609) Image search: [Google]
34317747-mjs_unicycle_nws_kwg_1.jpg
844 KB, 2048x1609
Don't know if this is the right board for this.

I want to try unicycling.

What unicycle would be best to start out with? A 20" or a 24"?

I want a bike that is good for learning, but also capable to do tricks and jumping (not drops).

I am 170 cm (about 5'7") and my inseams are about 30 inches.
>>
File: image.jpg (464 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
464 KB, 1200x800
>>752731
1- this board is slow, no need for bumps after a couple minutes
2- probably not the best place
>>>/n/
>>>/asp/
3- just get on 2 wheels
>>
>>752736
Have threads there already. Everyone is sending me all over the place.
>>
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 666x1000
>>752749
I still think 2 wheels are better.

But 24" seems huge for a unicycle. The few I've seen where people do tricks seem to have 20" wheels. It's probably just a front wheel from a BMX bike.
>>
File: 1454652324439.jpg (22 KB, 630x379) Image search: [Google]
1454652324439.jpg
22 KB, 630x379
Hi seattle guy here, i can unicycle, and after a month of riding on flat ground, roads mostly, try going up and down hills, then move to grass, them you can ride on mountainbiking trails, its a ton of fun and i would recommend to all people with good balance
>>
>>752758
What bike did you start out with?
>>
start with a 26in, or if that's too big a 24 or 20 inch. There's no universal starting uni, whatever is comfiest is the best one for you. Different wheels have different purposes though. smaller wheels are good for offroading and are less intimidating and easier to mount, but they go really slow so it's a little trickier. bigger wheels are good for street use, but can be scary and hard to mount for a beginner, unsupported at least. Large wheels, like a 36in (my dad has one, I'm too short to ride it ;_;), are great for touring but can hurt like fuck if you fall bc not only are you higher up you're also going faster

go slow go to a tennis court at times when not a lot of people are there, and just try to ride with your hand along the fence. Then, when you're comfortable with that, move to using the net as a stabilizer. It's not gonna keep you up, but it's something to hold onto and guide you. when you're comfortable there, try riding around the court. Keep in mind that the most important balancing part it your core/hips. You're gonna want to flail your arms to try and help you balance, and that's ok in the beginning, but eventually you'll want to be able to cross your arms and still ride easily.

It's really simple, think of it like rolling a coin. it's unstable when it's slow, but if it's moving fast enough it won't fall down. Now when you do have an unplanned dismount, ALWAYS make sure you fall forwards, pushing the uni behind you. If you don't, you're gonna land on your back and fuck up you skellington or crack your head or some shit, maybe even tangle yourself on the uni. if you fall forwards, you're just gonna scratch up your knees and hands

g-good luck anon, it really isn't that hard. Going unsupported took me about a weekend, but I have good balance and carny blood.
>>
>>752716
I would learn how to hold a manual/whelie on a Mountain Bike or BMXfirst, this will make learning how to ride a unicycle a lot easier.
>>
>>752716

>Hope you don't plan on having kids

nutbuster.jpg
>>
Can you go mountain unicycyling is what I wanna know tbqh family friend
>>
Yes you can go mountain unicycling
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.