[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kilts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: kilt.jpg (11 KB, 236x288) Image search: [Google]
kilt.jpg
11 KB, 236x288
Are kilts appropriate /out/ attire?
what do you guys think of them?
>>
>>751531
> step over log
>snake on other side of log is now upset
> you've just been bitten in the testicles

Not approved
>>
>>751545
>Stepping over logs
>Snakes jumping up to your balls
>not going for your ankles

Whatever you say. Snakes aren't even that much of a problem.
>>
>>751531
Enjoy all the insects and detritus on your taint.
>>
Can spontaneously shit.

Approved
>>
>>751531
Enjoy ticks crawling up your goodies.
>>
>go hiking
>sit on a log, enjoying a view
>oh fug :DDDDD ants on benis :DD
>benis covered in ant bites
>fucking kilts
>>
>>751531
Kilts are there for a good reason, highland sheeps can hear a zipper on 200 yards!
>approved
>>
>>751531

>2016 not summiting mountain's with kilt standing on highest precipice shitting down onto inferior hikers below whilst the updraft gently fondels your balls.
>>
I wouldn't go hiking in a kilt for the same reasons I wouldn't take a girl in a skirt with me. Less protection, anything but a utilikilt will get caught up in the brush. Impractical and silly compared to pants
>>
>>751545
Confirmed for manlet
>>
>>751531
Cuben fiber rain kilt>rain pants
>>
>>751683

I know there is at least two experienced cliff shitters on /out/ from previous threads. What is your opinion on kilts?
>>
>>751618
>Enjoy ticks crawling up your goodies.

they do that anyway
>>
File: ls.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ls.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>751531
kek

anyone remember like 8-10 or so years ago that one company that was trying to get sport kilts trending? lol

thankfully it failed miserably
>>
File: 20131114143653.jpg (61 KB, 200x510) Image search: [Google]
20131114143653.jpg
61 KB, 200x510
>>
File: 6b5.jpg (39 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
6b5.jpg
39 KB, 600x404
>>751636
Top kek
>>
>>751722
maybe his balls just hang lower than his dick, right babe
>>
so long as it is a decent wool kilt and you're wearing it in the colder climates where there arent any bugs or snakes then sure. i've often thought i'd give it a go.
>>
>>751563
>>751618
>>752181

Do you guys not wear underwear? Provided you live in an area without snakes, and underwear is worn, should be GOAT tier for hot climates surely?
>>
>>752117
>>752181
honest keks
>>
>>752238
I haven't worn underwear since ?? maybe 1982?
>>
>>752238
No.

I'm a grill btw
>>
>>752117
joking aside. I'm pretty sure my balls hang lower then my dick. my dick is a grower not a shower. and i've been told I have some pretty large knockers...

As for OP's question.

If its your culture, fine. do it, but if you're just doing so to be some super cool hipster fuckboi. then go kill yourself, you're the worst kind of person.
>>
>>752238
Wear the kilt regimentally or don't wear it at all.
>>
>>752293
is this someone crying cultural appropriation on /out/?
>>
>>752307
I would say the same thing for someone wearing a shaila as a fucking fashion statement. not that I care that someone from those regions/religions are offended. more along the lines of, you look like a fucking retard who follows trends and memes like some sort of cult member.. when in fact there are better methods of dealing with your issue that you're using these items for.

If you're wearing a kilt because your ass gets too sweaty, or your fat ass legs chafe in pants. buy a good quality pair of swim trunks that go down to the thighs. the inside mesh will help prevent ticks from crawling up onto your balls or in your asscrack. still providing you a cooling comfort. while at the same time, not making you look like an autistic retard
>>
>>752310
I'd love to wear a kimono to perform jav duties before going full sudoku coz my life sucks desu. Not even joking.
>>
>>752311
even this, I have a solution for..

go see a therapist. for 6 months.
>>
>>752310

You care an awful about how others look. Sprinkle some 'retard' and 'autismal' on your next post to hide your insecurities.
>>
>>752315
I'm not the one trying to troll legitimate post on a Canadian website about custom stone sinks, either.

If you can't step away from your "special" cloud your parents put you in, to realize that the human existence and basic functions of the human mind and its workings. that one judges based off how another looks. I'm sorry there is nothing I can say otherwise that will make you understand differently. you're just going to have to come to conclusion on your own.

Also, if you do me a favor, and attempt to point out these "insecurities" you are so sure I have. that would be great.
>>
>>752321
>that one judges based off how another looks
then why are you giving idiots advice on how to be less obviously identifiable
let people dress how they want and judge them for it, don't make your job harder
the guy dressed like a weeb is a weeb and you know to avoid him but if he's wearing what you tell him to then you might get caught in a conversation with him before you realise your mistake
>>
>>751531
i bought a sarong in Indonesia and wore it a lot there and in Australia. Surprisingly useful item that worn over shorts to keep the sun burn off your legs keeps you cool as well, also doubles as a bag, head and neck covering to keep the flies off (Cape Neuwin I am looking at you), towel, something to sit on when the rocks are hot, etc. It cost me about £1 and I still have it now 15 years later. Not quite a kilt but a proper kilt has many uses beyond clothing too, i think the kilts being pictured are what Scots call more English/modern style kilts as a full kilt is enormous and wraps over the upper body.
>>
>>752330
>i think the kilts being pictured are what Scots call more English/modern style kilts as a full kilt is enormous and wraps over the upper body.
no true scotskilt
>>
>>752281
All fun and games until your dress rips

>>752263
Odd, do you not find in certain situations you might want underwear? The above example for instance

>>752296
As I'm not a proud Scot that just sounds like being a try hard faggot tbqh
>>
>>751531

I think midgies like biting my baws

t. an actual Scotsman who wears a kilt in Scotland
>>
>>752458
>I'm not a proud Scot

Then don't wear a kilt. The decision is made for you.
>>
>>752310
What's a shaila? I googled it but all I got was a brand.
>>
>>752310
What if you wear a kilt because you think they look good / they suit you, but you don't live in Scotland?
>>
>>751869
>thankfully it failed miserably
5.11 sells one that sells out every spring.
>>
>>751869
JFC that tiny af midget at the left
>>
>>752458
Even proud Scots wear underwear... We aren't fucking barbarians anymore; though I'm not sure about our neighbours, the Glaswegians
>>
>>753677
away an fling shite on yersel

t. a Glaswegian
>>
>>753761
mam avin a go at me fah usin too much dunny paper... rito mam i'll just leave me arse caked in shite tah save you an extra 50P
>>
>>753179
You take a picture of you in a kilt and post it here.
>>
>>753653
>5.11 production meeting
>well spring is here again
>time to make those 2 kilts for the neck ears who always orders them
>>
Has no one wore a kilt here? I see a lot of comments about exposing legs/balls but kilts are stupidly heavy compared to some lightweight trousers, or should I say 'breeks'.
>>
>>752311
>full sudoku
kek u mean sepuku anon?
>>
>>754347
Hi there! Welcome to 4Chan!
>>
>>753677
Only poof Scots wear underwear... We aren't afraid of people seeing our tackle; though I'm not sure about our neighbours, the faux English.

t. a Glaswegian
>>
>>752238

If it was, surely the natives of hot climates would have been wearing them for centuries.

Indonesians and poly islanders wear sarongs, which are basically long kilts but the abos in Ashtraya who live in 40C+ weather (both desert and tropical) wore nappy-style loin cloths.

Think about it.
>>
>>753653

>5.11 sells one

literally
>>
>>753653

From the website:
>A standard kilt says you're a man. A 5.11® Tactical Duty Kilt says you're a bad man.

ie. a woman

>Built from lightweight, all but invincible Taclite® ripstop fabric, with reinforced triple-stitching and a TEFLON® finish

So your eggs won't get stuck to it

>the Tactical Duty Kilt is durable and comfortable. Featuring front slant pockets

Obligatory azn joke

>TDU-style cargo pockets sized for multiple magazines,

Oh God they expect you to wear this at the range? Or... in combat?!

>and belt loops sized for a 1.75" Operator Belt, this kilt packs a punch.

...on the catwalk?

>Whether on duty, at the range, or in the woods, you'll have the

testicle

>freedom and firepower man was made for.

All prices are in Strayan Dollarydoos
>>
i've been hiking in a kilt before. comando even to see what it's like. feels great! you need knee socks though when it's cold but standing still the heat keeps trapped under your kilt and while walking you get a nice fresh breeze trough your perineum's wig. it's only awkward when the wind gets underneath and you go full marilyn monroe. but it has to be a fairly strong breeze to do that. also look at proper length and wear a damn sporran so when you sit down you're not flashing.
>>
>>752117
Have you had your 3 per today?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.