[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /out/ I'm buying my first shotgun (so far I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mijares.jpg (295 KB, 1024x740) Image search: [Google]
mijares.jpg
295 KB, 1024x740
Hey /out/ I'm buying my first shotgun (so far I've got one my uncle gave me) soon and I'm not sure on what type of furniture should I get synthetic or wood. I find wood sexy as fuck but maybe synthetic its just better. What would you guys recommend?
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>751056
What model are you looking for? How much do you want to spend?
>>
>>751064
I'm getting either a benelli or a beretta semiautomatic but that's not my question as I'm quite sure.

Just asking what are the advantages/disadvantages of wood and synthetic furniture.

Of course for /out/ and hunting purposes, tht's why I'm posting here and not /k/.
>>
>>751068
Well, they both perform similarly IMO. There are slight weight and care differences but it doesn't really affect the function of the gun a noticeable amount.

The reason I was asking is because, in my opinion, it is better to get wood furniture on higher end / more expensive shotguns just because a shotgun with wood furniture will hold its value better. If you were going to be getting a cheap pump action like a Mossberg 500 or a Rem 870 then I'd advise you to get whatever was cheapest.
>>
wood is love, wood is life
>>
Op if you got the money and want quality buy a Fausti above/under shotgun I own one and only thing I've replaced on it was the back butt padding because the wood hurt my shoulder a bit. Ran me about 2400 Canadian dollars. Link to home site http://www.faustiusa.com/archivio_prodotti.php?cat=14
>>
>>751056

>>>/k
>>
>>751056
Synthetic will be lighter, but wood might help with recoil (because it's heavier) if it's a twelve gauge, which would probably be ideal for a semi auto.
>>
I'd go with wood unless you live in a very wet area. Synthetic outperforms wood in every imaginable way, but wood is sexier and there's nothing bothersome about it unless it's always getting rained on and swelling from humidity.
>>
>>753738

Learn how to shoulder your firearm properly and you won't even feel the kick from a 12 ga no matter what kind of ammo you're shooting.
>>
>>>/k/
>>
I personally really like the Bellini Nova, and it's a synthetic so it's not especially heavy. It's also very affordable. You can check it out some more here:
http://www.benelliusa.com/nova-pump-field-shotgun
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.