[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/out/s thoughts on this guy? https://www.youtube.com/user/wrangl erstar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Wranglerstar-Cody-Crone-with-axe.jpg (278 KB, 1078x1077) Image search: [Google]
Wranglerstar-Cody-Crone-with-axe.jpg
278 KB, 1078x1077
/out/s thoughts on this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/user/wranglerstar
>>
>>750620
A shit, unless you are in the lower 48
>>
i know he is much more impressive than he portrays, but the character he assumes for his channel is hard to respect. i find myself battling whether to trust anything he says. because he sees fit to undermine his word on common occasion, even though he has shown plenty to allow me to believe that he is far above average when it comes to his capacity for his work.

perhaps trying to come across more as a fun, family guy is what lets him adopt such a dubious and seemingly naive character, but whatever it is, i think its more hindering than welcoming. his boy scout face is enough to accomplish it anyway
>>
>>750620
fuck off hit whore
sage
>>
>>750620
Hey nice shirt, OP!
>>
>>750620
I'd trust him with any work on my tools. I don't know how comfortable id feel chatting with him. he has a fundamentalist vibe.
>>
Came across one of his videos after googling "personal water tower". Turns out he had two videos on it. They were interesting.
>>
One of those people ruining "homesteading" for everyone by being a tryhard about it.

But then again he is only American. The traditional ways are lost on them, and so they must make it a fad.
>>
>>750766
Yeah he is the full-blown american fundamentalist stereotype. Doesn't mean he is bad at building things, so whatever.
>>
>>753672
This
>>
He does a lot of good work but what he's doing isn't really homesteading. It's acreage living. They're on the power grid, grow only a small fraction of their food, and you can easily find a street view of the house on bing maps. Looks like a nice life they have but calling it homesteading is a huge expansion of what the word means.
>>
His older content was good but now its pretty crappy to be honest all he posts is stupid vlogs and axe reviews and if you are lucky something not religion related. He's annoying to be honest and I was subbed to him for the longest time possible.
>>
>>753672
I think I know what you mean, but could you please expand on what you mean, by he is "ruining" homesteading?
>>
>>750620
Oh look... this thread again. I don't trust him, then again I also don't trust anyone. Seems shill to me.
>>
>>750657
>the character he assumes for his channel is hard to respect.
It's true he's not himself. I used to watch his videos long time ago and it's not the same person.
>>753840
>vlogs and axe reviews
He stopped talking about guns and self-reliance once he realized his subscibers are mostly anti-gun liberalists and lumbersexuals. He even switched to apple products to get more gay subscribers. Then again, this is how he makes his living and who am I to judge anyway.
>>
>>754080
Mostly this. Directly after his switch from gun reviews and self-reliance to homesteading, he was still informative, interesting, and genuine.

Just like sitcoms which are past their prime, he has begun to sacrifice quality and legitimately just fabricate some shit in order to get clicks.

Most of what he posts now is borderline VLOG quality garbage. I haven't actively watched anything he produced in the past two years though. His channel is virtually dead, imo.
>>
File: 1450895476561.jpg (403 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1450895476561.jpg
403 KB, 803x688
he gives off an odd vibe.
Says he's a homesteader, and he doesn't own any livestock at all. When there was a video of him buying eggs from the store and he got mad fun of he ranted about how you don't need any livestock to be a homesteader. Chickens are the easiest animals to care for.
he just has an axe and chainsaw fetish and is on the homesteading bandwagon. he used to be a prepper but now considers himself a good ol' traditional god fearing american homesteader.
>>
stop samefagging, martin the philosopher
>>
>>754080
>axe reviews
I saw an axe for 18 and change yesterday when I was shopping. Did I mess up by not getting it? I think I should go back but I can't remember which shop it was in.
>>
>Fundie living on his own compound

Can't wait till he gets Branch Dividian'd
>>
>>754113

>I haven't watched his channel in two years
>I know his channel is dead though

K
>>
>>753686

I'm not even Christian, but I've spent my whole adult life around evangelicals in the Bible Belt and most are fantastic cool people. A few are dicks and/or hypocrites, but most are very nice people.

Don't fall for bigotry. People are people.
>>
>>754593
"actively watched."

Faggot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ5zO3qPJj4

Homesteading/outdoor skills at its finest.
>>
>>750620
Smart guy with a VERY high horse.
>>
He is the ultimate old days quality tools fag. He must jerk off to that kind of shit.

>isn't that nice
I kek everytime, but I still subscribe him because he posts many videos and I have too much free time.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.