[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Sports Chalet is going out of business. How does /out/ feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1461728151830-309704099.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
1461728151830-309704099.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
So Sports Chalet is going out of business. How does /out/ feel about this?
>>
>>749963
A sports chalet near me closed about 1.5 years ago and a sports authority bought it and took over. Sports authority closed after less than a year. I wasn't sad. Their "store closing" blowout sales were an absolute joke. Everything was %10 off of original price. No deals whatsoever. They can all go outta business for all I care. I go to consignment shops and thrift stores to find all my /out/ gear
>>
>>749968

What's a consignment shop?
>>
>>750002
its a pawn shop for poor people
>>
>>750002
so fucking close to quads.

it's a secondhand shop.
>>
literally never heard of it
>>
>>749963
It's shit to be honest. The one near me is only 10% there, so factor in tax and sports challet being overpriced your still better off buy things online if you want new gear.

Talked to a guy working there and said he'd update me if they go below 30% but I highly doubt it
>>
>>749963

Nah I'll just go to Athletics Abode or Diversion Domicile.
>>
>>749963
>store closing sale
>10% discount

More like thinly vailed spam
>>
>>750124
>2016
>Not shopping at Camping CabaƱa
>>
>>750250
Yeah, so far the big ticket shit is only 10% off

The store manager told me I should probably come back thursday if I wanted a new knife, so shit may be going lower. Or he's an asshole and was really anxious to close the store for the night but whatever.
>>
>>749968
this

britbong here. we have many similar sellers of 'highstreet grade gear'

may pop up under various names, yeomans/millets/blacks/field and trek

they all stock the same stuff and use the same layout, the last for around a year 2 at the most have a 6 month 'closing down sale' with minimal discounts before closing for a week and rebranding the shop to another one of the above. typically all they sell is 'Gelert' clothing, tents and sleeping bags 'Lifeventure' misc stuff, Karrimor boots and knock off LMFsporks

shit tha will do a casual middle class family wantign to be 'outdoorsy' camping for one summer season before it falls to bits. typically any kind of outdoor gear is fucking horrendously over priced in the UK, but the quality here for the reflective price is fucking atrocious
>>
Dfh
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.