[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who owns it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: wildwood_land_parcel-big.jpg (87 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
wildwood_land_parcel-big.jpg
87 KB, 601x500
Any android apps for navigating areas, showing the land parcel boundaries and who owns them?

The county government site lists the info, but it would be a lot easier to be able to access the info while on the go.
>>
>>749938
wish my county would list the info for free... gotta go to the stupid office to get any information.

no apps that I currently know of. no.
>>
>>749960
I saw a program for garmin, but they wanted like $100 for it...if I can't find anything, I'm just going to get some good prints from google maps and make an overlay for the approximate plot areas

the larger cities have the info, but the smaller cities and townships just don't have the resources for it...

there are a number of trusts that own huge chunks of land next to a nearby river, but luckily there are strips of land owned by the county and utility company that cut through the lots....it's nearly all forested areas except for where it's been cleared for power lines
>>
That sort of stuff is pretty much GIS domain. I've never heard of an application that does it. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.
>>
fucking download the data sets and program the app yourself you lazy dick
>>
>>750099
let me learn how to program first?
>>
in MA the state geographical survey keeps an online map of the entire with all the property lines superimposed over it. you can choose a bunch of different basemaps for it - plain, bing, google, satellites, terrair, etc. it's cooll beans!

>tfw you live in a state with its shit together
>>
>>749938
Thank god im a scandicuck and i can hike and sleep on private land
>>
>>750189
These day most counties have this available online for anyone to access. In most cases it's basically a dumbed down "gis viewer" but anyone can go online and look at them.
Takes a little poking around to get the info/view you may want but it's all there
>>
>>749938
>government site lists the info
>be a lot easier to be able to access the info while on the go.

HOw about,.... open the government website on your phone while you're on the go?
Profit?
>>
>>751247
easier said than done

it's not as if there are curbs with house numbers painted on them, you pretty much have to translate the info to an aerial map and approximate where the property lines are....something that's virtually impossible on a phone
>>
>>751278
all you have to do on your phone is open the map view like in >>750189
or>>749938
then relate what you see on the map to what you see on the ground around you. You should be able to recognise roads, fence lines, tree lines and other landmarks enough to get a pretty damn good estimation of where you are and with the county GIS property viewer it will tell you who owns it.

its basic orienteering.

Other method is-

>Prior to your field visit, plan where you are going
>use your comp at home to view the property on the county property viewer
>get the image with the info you want on screen
>print a copy of the map with your printer
>take map with you into the field
>Once in the field, open your GPS map function on your phone
>see where you are in real time.
>compare this to what you see on the map
orienteer your way to your points of interest
>>
>>751278
You just need to learn to use maps, together with the gps on your phone.
it's not that hard.
>>
>>751278
Use Google maps and tap on the house. Learn to use your phone. You can view gis maps online. God, it's like you want us to walk beside you and tell you where to sleep.
>>
I have an app for my country, great stuff
>>
>open web browser
>www.google.com
>search for "(County Name Here) GIS"
>figure out which link has the information you need
>profit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.