[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a good backpack for camping. Not over night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
I'm looking for a good backpack for camping. Not over night hiking trips, I have one for specifically that but I'm looking for one to use on general camping trips. Not too big with the solid frames like overnight packs have. But not small as I do carry quite a bit of equipment including a bladder for water. What packs do you recommend /out/?
>>
What capacity do you want? I have an osprey daylight that's awesome for carrying water, jacket, some food, and emergency supplies.

I also have an ilbe assault pack that works well when I need a little more gear. Both were bought for $40 and have held up to years of consistent use.
>>
>>749558
I think this one looks ok.

http://3vgear.com/index.php/packs-and-bags/vvv-gear-paratus-3-day-operator-s-pack.html

Im thinknig about getting it for a "3-day pack" sort of stuff

this one looks good too (for a medium sized pack)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Direct+Action+Ghost+Tactical+Backpack
>>
>>749558
>Not over night hiking trips
How are you going to get to that camping area? if the answer is by car, just get a duffle. Can't see why would you want a backpack if you are not hiking.
>>
>>749574
I mostly carry emergency supplies and water. i don't really carry clothing items except extra socks. Jackets tend to take up too much room in the packs I have but maybe I just have been using the wrong packs
>>
>>749582
Thanks, I'll look into these
>>
>>749586
I tend to spend very little time at the camp site. We go out hunting all day or just hiking but it's not over night so I don't need anything big enough to carry tents and sleeping bags. Just a days worth of supplies, plus I carry extra just in case
>>
>>749558

so can you be more clear? do you want a daypack or a rucksack because

>for camping
>not over night hiking trips

Thats basically what a camping trip is. If you're not spending the night you're hiking.
>>
>>749558
Check Gearbest out OP, I found some pretty sturdy military spec packs on there. Plus the free shipping is always an added bonus.
>>
>>749600
Then I'd say get a 30-45 liters one. Make sure its equiped with daisy chain and side compression straps. That way you can expand the volume of stuff you carry by attaching things in the outside, or make the backpack as tiny as possible by adjusting the side straps.

A lot of models have those features. Hope it helps.
>>
>>749607
Enough room to carry roughly a day and half work of supplies and such. I don't carry a sleeping bag or a tent because I don't hike over night but I do go on all day hikes and want a pack to store it all in without it being stuffed to the brim
>>
>>749611
>>749609
Anything helps, thanks
>>
>>749595
Lots of good reviews on YT for both of those packs. From what i can tell they're both pretty awesome for a 2-3 day size pack.

I really like the idea of the 3vgear one because it has several detachable extra pouches. and the one of them is basically a fanny pack when you remove it from the main pack (for scouting missions away from base camp)
>>
How many litres for a day and a night and breakfast?
>>
>>749734
45, you can get away with 30, but 45 will give you more options.
>>
>>749593

Well the daylight would probably be perfect for you then. Doesn't even feel like it's there and the compression straps can be used to cinch it down flat.
>>
Hey

Also looking to buy a backpack, but for a 5 day hiking/ camping trip

anyone have experience with this?

http://3vgear.com/index.php/packs-and-bags/vvv-gear-paratus-3-day-operator-s-pack.html

Also what about military surplus ALICE or MOLLE packs?

Anything on amazon from <$100?
>>
>>750483

Speaking from experience, if you're planning on doing any serious trips spend the money upfront on a quality commercial pack. If I added up all the money I've spent on surplus only to replace it after taking it out a few times I'd have a lot of spare cash. Surplus may be durable, but it's heavy, uncomfortable, and generally outperformed by commercially available gear.

Pack reccomendation would be an osprey atmos or aether. All the needed functionality while being light and comfortable as well as reasonably durable.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.