[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visiting Oregon in a few weeks. Are there any places that are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Oregon_map.jpg (370 KB, 1200x912) Image search: [Google]
Oregon_map.jpg
370 KB, 1200x912
Visiting Oregon in a few weeks. Are there any places that are a must see? Best places to hike? Flying into Portland and staying for about 5 days.
>>
Multnoma falls for the tourist experience. Saddle mountain and Dog mountain are both nice hikes and depending on what kind of vehicle you have the logging roads off of 26 make for some great innawoods areas. When I lived there my favorite was N. Wolf Creek, the entrance is at mile marker 36 on Highway 26 about an hour west of Portland.

Places in Portland that are cool to visit are the Kennedy school and the portland city grill.
>>
>>749377
I was looking at Multnomah falls. But I'm not all for the touristy experience. Still have never seen a waterfall. I'm really looking for kind of mountainside hikes. Also was wondering if you could camp anywhere in the forests, or if you have to be at an actual camp site.
>>
>>749410
>never seen a waterfall
Some people go apeshit over them
>camp anywhere in the forests
If it is national forest or BLM land, the answer is usually yes
>>
>>749377
Can you cross over into Washington freely to get to dog mountain? Or will you have to pay a toll?
>>
>>749447
No doubt I'd be excited. Was thinking about finding some trails in the Mt. Hood national forest since it's pretty close and camping there.
>>
>>749530
there are tons of logging roads to explore
>>
Check out the lava tubes.
>>
Multnomah Falls is less than one hour away from Portland. Hike to the top. Do it.
>>
>>749575
Where are the lava tubes at?
>>
>>749530
No toll
>>
>>749946
If I remember they are close to Eugene or Bend.
>>
>>749322
You can try the hike to larch mountain which starts at multnomah falls, also nearby is eagle creek and both are incredibly scenic hikes.
>>
Multnoma falls is fun a good hike all the way up to the top of the falls. go early it gets packed on weekends. FYI I took a piss off the top of the waterfall it was cool
>>
>>749410

You can camp on pretty much any logging land that you can access. Don't fuck with equipment or where they're actively logging and watch out for truckers on the roads.
>>
I camp in the Mt. Hood area every summer with family. Great camping/hiking/fishing, only a couple hours drive from Portland.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.