[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up naked in an unfamiliar wilderness (boreal forest)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: 1461444079570.jpg (2 MB, 1436x2793) Image search: [Google]
1461444079570.jpg
2 MB, 1436x2793
You wake up naked in an unfamiliar wilderness (boreal forest) with only four of these items

How do you proceed?
>>
File: unsafe area.png (85 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
unsafe area.png
85 KB, 270x187
naked dude x4
>>
>>749233
Boots, knife, soda and tarp.
I would be focused on getting out of there as soon as possible, so boots to help with speed, soda bottle to avoid having to find water as often. The tarp would help in case I couldn't find my way out in one day and could also be turned into rudimentary clothing with the knife and some sort of natural fastener. Knife because of all the reasons a knife would want a knife.

Night and temperature would be challenging, but with a pick of only four items on this list and no guaranteed of procuring needed natural resources, I'd probably die rather fast anyway.
>>
>>749241
>I would be focused on getting out of there as soon as possible

Then why didn't you pick cellphone and call a rescue team you dumb nigger.
>>
>>749241
>not using the poncho as a tarp
>>
>>749233
>boots
Going nowhere fast without footgear in the forest

>clothing
Poncho and panties and socks are better than nothing

>knife
Speaks for itself

>pistol
Can be used for signaling, taking down small game and even a deer if you get close enough
Also can be used to kill yourself if shit gets even more dire than it already is and you don't want to die from exposure
>>
>>749245
No guarantee of cell service when /out/
>>
>>749245
>Phone has enough power for one call, assuming gps triangulation not included in this game
>Woke up in 'unfamiliar' wilderness, no familiar landmarks to give to rescue teams, don't even know what continent you are on without looking at stars
Enjoy your cell phone
>>
We get a plastic bag? Ok.
Plastic bag holds water and iodine tablets make it safe to drink

Boots so I can actually travel.

Clothing & a lighter for warm comfort

Game plan is to keep walking as fast as I can muster before I starve to death.
>>
File: sweet_dreams_are_made_of_.jpg (75 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
sweet_dreams_are_made_of_.jpg
75 KB, 640x960
>>749233
>duvet
>bear hat
>pink socks
>brass wire
Boom, I'm done!
>Am I beautiful now?! Am I, mommy?!
>>
File: 001.jpg (42 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
42 KB, 500x368
>>749233
If I wake up with four of these items I don't get to select them myself. Let's assume I wake up with all of this stuff.

As I believe in "Leave No Trace". I would use the plastic bag as a trash bag:

Matches
>BIC is superior to any matches.
Knife
>not full tang
Cellphone
>I don't use these gadgets when /out/
Pistol, brass wire & hooks
>I don't believe in murdering animals
Multi-tool
>Not a Leatherman/Victorinox, into the trash it goes
Axe
>There's plenty of dry firewood laying around if you know where to look. Building materials too. I have literally never needed an axe when /out/.
Tarpaulin
>For people who don't know how to construct a waterproof shelter using natural resources
Rope
>Not even paracord

I could use the flashlight, clothing, condoms and some fishing line.
>>
Poncho for poncho reasons
Lighter for fire reasons
Cellphone for extraction reasons
1Kg gold for monetary reasons
>>
File: image.gif (277 KB, 240x287) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
277 KB, 240x287
>>749241
Soda dehydrates you though

I'd go
>steel helmet
>axe
>lighter
>poncho
OR
>bear hat
>condoms
>flashlight
>cell phone with enough charge for an hour of music
>>
>>749360
Yeah but its is still calories, and the soda is not the valuable part. The container is what you want.
>>
>>749233
It really depends on the season, Late Spring/Early Summer can be really cold at night still in the Boreal Shield. Mid-Late Summer is infested with mosquitoes. After early Autumn frost is the norm and a bit later and its hard to find water that isn't frozen.
>>
axe
Tarp
Lighter
Fishing line and hooks

I'd be going for short term survival, use rope and tarp to make a tent in a random clearing if I could find one.

Fish for food and cook with fire, hence lighter,

I would build a massive wooden structure with fallen trees, using axe and set it the ruck on fire for people to find me.

Axe can also be used as blade for gutting fish and weapon in case of wild animal attack, but fire on stick would work as well.

Fire would also keep you warm so no need for clothes
Plastic bag filled with rocks, dirt and sand to filter water to drink.

fite me
>>
>>749233
Knife - Carbon, so knifey things and sparking fire.
Boots - These boots were made for walking...
Helmet - Boiling water mostly, but also completes my "crazy veteran" outfit.
Clothing (of sorts) - Socks will prevent blisters, poncho is rain gear and shelter, girl's undies for rubbing one out when lonely.

I'd probably be eating mostly bugs and whatever plants I can identify from memory, but I've got an extra 20 lbs on me, so I could go hungry for a few weeks before I start wasting. I'd start following water downhill until I came to a town or road, and trade the semen-stained undies for a ride to the nearest town. Then I'd go home, get my own gear, come back and find that kg gold bar that I hid before I left the drop point.
>>
>>749233
Axe
Lighter
Clothing
Phone

Should keep me alive until help arrives. Hypothermia is danger #1 in that environment, but now I got clothes, I can build shelter and I can make fires.
>>
What if boreal forest is actually a familiar place.
>>
>>749233
Canada fag here. Boreal forest; literally my back yard

-boots
>well boots are boots, plus laces for cordage when building snares
-clothing
>because poncho, also threads for fishing line OR fabric as gauze
-lighter
>easy fire at first and embers conserved, eventually spring could be bent into small hook OR maybe melted plastic spear tip ?
1kg gold
>50 thousand Canadian so thats a good shekel prize
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 408x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 408x444
>>749598
I assume it means you don't know where you are.
>>
>>749585
So, what are you gonna tell the rescuer?

>I'm somewhere in the world, surrounded by trees, come pick me up!
>>
>>749233
gun, panties, boots, hat

run in one direction as fast as I can
>>
>>749704
alternately, switch out the boots for the gold bar

I also shoot the gun in the air periodically while I run
>>
bear hat, handflare, gold bar, duvet

stick the gold bar up my butt
hat on head
get in downward dog on the duvet and wait to die
>>
>>749645
>So, what are you gonna tell the rescuer?
"Please triangulate my position since you got my mobile signal anyways, I make a big fire, you'll see the smoke."
http://www.cnet.com/news/turning-cell-phones-into-lifelines/
>>
>put on Kiddie panties
>Jack off
Pic unrelated
>>
>die
>>
>>749317
What sort of retard are you?
>>
File: 1442930997959.png (315 KB, 424x365) Image search: [Google]
1442930997959.png
315 KB, 424x365
>>749233
>1. Boots
>2. Clothing

These two are pretty dumb, you have to choose them. Not freezing to death is the first thing you have to take care of.

>2. Knife
Can be used to baton wood, carve stuff, has a saw and can be turned into a spear. You will need to craft some stuff because you only have 4 shitty items.

>3. Helmet
Cooking water and food.

>4. Mystery Soda
You need fluids and you don't know how soon you will find water. You will die of dehydration way before food becomes even a problem.
But basically I want to have the bottle so I can store water for the trip home, you never know how often you will find water.

>Iodine can be replaced with self-made water filter (charcoal, sand, gravel) and boiling
>Knife outperforms the axe and the multi-tool unless you want to build a house or something like that
>You can make your own fishing hooks
>Backpack can be made basket style if you really need one
>You can start a fire in many ways, pick the lighter if you aren't sure about your abilities. Making fire is important in that climate
>The compass is nice to have but you can just use the sun to orientate yourself
>Rope would be nice, but the other stuff is more important
>Tarpaulin would be nice too, but you can make shelter from evergreen twigs
>Gun is optimistic, good luck finding something worth using it on
>>
>>749913
yes, you fucked it up
>>
Knife, gold, tarp and helmet. Anything else I can make, rudimentary but it could be done.

When I effect self rescue I'll have 43k in gold as a reward.
>>
>>749236
>rucksack
For storing food, cordage and tools
>lighter
Obvious
>clothing
Obvious
>naked dude
Made to fit Into the rucksack
>>
>>749233
>An anime audio CD
>Striped panties and carebear socks
>A 1 kilogram gold bar

What in the fuck is wrong with this picture?
>>
>>749644
I'm fucking Swedish bro
>>
>>750097
so what? if you woke up in Sakhalin or Alaska you wouldn't know where you were
>>
>cellphone
Call for help.
>Fishing Line+hooks
To pass the time waiting for rescue also Food.
>Gun+ammo
Shooting fish
>Matches
To start fire for cooking
>>
>>749233
i want 4kg gold i will take care of the rest...
>>
>>749233
>clothing
>boots
>knife
>2Liter

The pack is a close 2nd to the 2l, but i cant bet on finding clay to make something else to hold water, and i should expect to be hiking out

If I think there is a chance to be rescued soon
>cellphone
>lighter
>2liter
>axe

Call, ask to triangulate, make a signal fire and wait
>>
>>749233
gold bar, condoms, and a plastic bag to carry it
>>
>>749233
Proceed to shove everything up my butt.
>>
Phone
Boots
Clothes
Gold bar

Find location with phone GPS, plot a course that follows rivers to the nearest road or town and start walking. Hope I get there before I starve.
>>
Axe
Lighter
Gold bar
Cellphone

Spend first 3 days gathering firewood
Make a call to my fiancé, let her know I'm ok, ask if search and rescue have an idea where I am, tell her I'll help them narrow it down
Start fire large enough to be spotted on thermal imaging satellites
Get paid a brick of gold for my hardship
>>
File: 1461444315907.jpg (39 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1461444315907.jpg
39 KB, 540x540
>>749233
>Axe
Gotta craft somethings and I'm skilled enough with one that it can replace my knife
>35L Rucksack
I plan on living on the move, so I have to carry everything somehow
>2L Soda
I'll never know when I might find water and I can use the spent container to store more water
>>
File: iphone-no-service-problem-fix.jpg (175 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
iphone-no-service-problem-fix.jpg
175 KB, 600x449
>>750522
Now what?
>>
>>749233
1. Knife
2. Clothing
3. Helmet
4. Boots

>find water
>make cozy fire with fire rod
>cook water in helmet and store in free plastic back
>get vantage point to see where south is based on the sun
>build spear / walking stick with knife and a branch
>start walking south
>eat some ants, termites or tree larvae when I find some
>hope I find big river and follow it downstream
>>
>Clothing
Mandatory, you die of exposure the first night without it.
>Boots
Also mandatory if you plan on hiking anywhere.
>Axe
Ideal tool for the boreal forest. Fire, signalling, shelter.
>Lighter
How many of you can actually make fire with a flint and axe blade? I'll take the safe bet that trivializes that task...

Anything else seems ridiculous to me.

Honorable mentions:
Tarp, knife, fishing gear, duvet, or helmet. They're all useful too but do not take priority.

Anyone taking knife over axe has not visited a forest like the OP.
>>
>>749233
no one's gonna mention that the "book of matches" is a book titled, "The Pink Pussycat: College of Strip Tease"?
>>
>>750799
>How many of you can actually make fire with a flint and axe blade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmHro46OpU&t=9m30s
>>
>>749233
The handflare, the axe, the lighter, and the knife. Honestly there isn't enough there for me to make a go at killing anything so my best best is to stay where I am and wait for rescue.
>>
>>749355
>1kg gold for monetary reasons
Tiptopbaitmate. Are you for real? That retarded, m84
>>
>duvet
More insulation than the cloths, with the only draw back being the poncho would be wind and water proof. Can also be used as a bag for storage.

>axe
Puts a roof over my head and creates wind breaks, to cover above short comings.

>lighter
Because duh.

>multi-tool
Because its multiple tools. But especially the knife and saw parts to round out the axe.

With the above a large number of things could be made to act as the other items on the list. axe/tool equals cordage, (maybe). Axe/lighter fire, plus a hollow loge to purify water with hot rocks. All of the above to make hunting tools. Multi to make footwear out of hide.

The one item I'm torn on is not including the pistol. It would have a far higher chance to procure those first much needed meals/furs/bones for tools, though after six shots its worthless.
>>
>>749233
boots
axe
tarp
duvet

I think I could make it.
>>
>>750331
seriously guys give me 4kg gold and you can drop me off in any boreal forest on the world naked.
>>
>>749233
What kind of rucksack is that?
>>
>>749233

Comfy Duvet
1kg Gold Bar
Condoms
Bear Hat
>>
>>752593
Swedish Lk35
>>
>>749233
>you wake up in new dirt
>old boots
>>
File: 1430275069913.jpg (78 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
1430275069913.jpg
78 KB, 667x1000
Condoms
Extremely stretchy so I can hold lots of water. Can also stretch one over my head so it acts as a sort of water proof helmet if I see something underwater. Put over my legs to keep me dry if I have to Ford a river.

Bear Hat
Probably pretty warm. Could also use it as a pillow if I'm already warm.

Audio CD
Can use the shiny side to deflect light into dry stuff and light it in fire, can also break it in half and use it as a knife. Two birds with one stone.

Gold Bar
Use it some sort of a blunt object to defend myself. Can use it to hold stuff down if it gets windy as well. Gold is pretty heavy so it shouldn't blow away.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.