[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PCT costs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 130px-Pct-logo.jpg (11 KB, 130x132) Image search: [Google]
130px-Pct-logo.jpg
11 KB, 130x132
Really want to do the PCT next year. Need to know how much it will cost in total to do the PCT?

Also, I'll be coming from the UK to do it, so stuff like visas and flights will make it more. Anything else I'll need to come from UK?

Thanks guys
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+it+will+cost+to+do+the+PCT
>>
>>748435

Best advice I have for you is if you stop to resupply in Redding make sure you don't look like the gutter trash I try to run over every day.
>>
how much gear do you already own?
how much do you hike?
what's the longest hike you've done?
what's the longest you've been /out/?

also, >>>/trv/ will probably be more help with flights and visas
>>
like US$6,000 including gear
>>
Currently 190 miles in.you'll spend anywhere from 4000-6000. Start saving now, amazing experience do far
>>
>>748796
>>749026
Thanks. Actually thought it would be more expensive. Was thinking I'd save like £8-10k. And if you're talking $. That's a lot cheaper.
>>
>>749224
Did it in '15. Let's say you already have all your gear and are looking at the cost of food. You'll be looking at least $2k, and that's if you're smart. Give yourself $5-$10 a day for food, it's totally manageable. If you buy all your food in bulk beforehand and put them in flat rate shipping boxes, that is actually cheaper than buying food as you go, but takes more planning. If you go that route, figure out how much food you need to buy and shipping costs. From there, pack away as much money as you want for inevitable restaurants and the like. I get it, you're thinking you wanna go innawoods to get away from "the man" and won't want to be part of any civilization. You'll get that and more, but when you cross a town holy fuck will you want to treat yourself to a burger or six.
Like the other anon said, start saving up now, you won't regret it. It was the best thing I did with my life.
To reiterate: I'd recommend figuring out how many miles you plan on doing a day, and seeing how much food and the cost to sustain yourself. Put all that money aside for food. Then have like $1k-$2k for towns, trail angels, replacing broken/bad gear and the like. Of course, this is all massively over preparing. I went through all of Oregon on about $80 in a little less than a month. It's doable.
>>
>>749224
Also:
Go the the PCTA website, they have a shitload of neat info.
https://www.pctplanner.com/ is really good for planning.
Look up Halfmile maps. They're free and online. The only cost is on you to print them. He lists all the resupply areas and is on point accurate.
>>
>I get it, you're thinking you wanna go innawoods to get away from "the man" and won't want to be part of any civilization. You'll get that and more, but when you cross a town holy fuck will you want to treat yourself to a burger or six.
>>749758
Haha, man. I can believe that. Thanks for your help. I should definately be able to save up in time. Can't wait!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.