[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally did it guys. I planned my first hiking weekend in about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: 20150829_120024.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150829_120024.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
I finally did it guys. I planned my first hiking weekend in about a year from now. I'm pretty damn excited.

I wanted to ask you guys what do I need to know? What are the chances i'll be murdered?
Of course, i'll have all of the tools and I have some camping experience such as how to set up tent and how to build a fire.
I'll have a friend come with me but he never hiked before either. Any good spots to hike in upstate New York?
Pic somewhat related, it was my fishing trip down at delaware river.
>>
>in about a year from now

you planned a year ahead for a weekend hike?
>>
>>748136
I didn't make strict plans. More like an idea. I'm just excited and wanted to talk about it because i've never been on an outdoors trip before especially without my family.
>>
why are you waiting a year?
>>
>>748146
I'm really busy with school and so is my friend. We want to go when the weather is hot/warm and it's pretty cold right now.
>>
>>748147
this is b8... right?
>>
>>748147
mm, sounds like excuses to me. but okay, just don't lose momentum. really, though, i recommend just sacking up, wearing a couple extra layers and doing a one-nighter sometime sooner instead of fucking around for a year. putting something like that on a giant pedestal is a great way to never accomplish it.
>>
>>748150
How so? I think i'm making sense. I want to go hiking when the weather is warm enough and the weather is currently not warm
I'm sorry but I can't dumb it down enough.
>>
File: bring a brolly retard.png (163 KB, 307x385) Image search: [Google]
bring a brolly retard.png
163 KB, 307x385
>>748153
>weather now is cold
>in a year it will be warm

you don't see where the problem is?
>>
>>748147
A year from today will be the exact same season, just a year later..
>>
>>748152
Thanks for the tip! Yeah I go camping with my family alot in the summer but I think it's time to go take on the mountains myself for once.

I want to go a bit earlier such as this summer, but I don't even know how to drive yet. I'm 19 so yeah i'm pretty late.
>>
>>748155
>>748158
Ah I didn't meant EXACTLY a year from now. I meant more of next summer.

>tfw want to post outdoor pics but my phone cameras resolution is too big to post on 4chan
>>
>>748132
>I finally did it guys
A year from now, sounds like an engagement. Its instinct , and don't blow ur to quick. its just camping
>>
>>748175
Eh, sorry. Just wanted to talk about it with someone.
>>
File: my feeling exactly.png (95 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
my feeling exactly.png
95 KB, 219x230
>>748163
you better be in south africa or australia and "next summer" is only 6-8 months off, because if you're in the northern hemisphere and jacking yourself off about babby's first trip away from mommy and daddy and it's still SIXTEEN MONTHS FROM NOW just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>748181
You okay, bud?
>>
File: 406.jpg (12 KB, 245x251) Image search: [Google]
406.jpg
12 KB, 245x251
>>748183
i'm not your bud, pal.
>>
>>748178
Don't be sorry anon, what color tent u thinking
>>
>>748205
I already have most of the tools I need. Mainly because my dad has alot of outdoor experience but I have little to none.

I might just buy a sleeping bag, doesn't matter what color. I'm also going to borrow his machete. Do you think i'm going to need a gun? I don't have one or anything.
>>
File: _20160423_115705.jpg (105 KB, 885x642) Image search: [Google]
_20160423_115705.jpg
105 KB, 885x642
>>748207
Need a gun, no. But I'd like to have one for piece of mind. Isn't up NY full of great out? How many miles you thinking of hiking? Only thing I can say about advice , don't forget anything.
>>
File: 1422847349043.jpg (64 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1422847349043.jpg
64 KB, 680x684
This is some top quality b8 right here.
>>
>>748216
Well getting a gun would be very difficult for me. I honestly might bring a toy gun with me and imitate it as a real one if I come across a bear or a murderer to be honest.

I have never been to upstate NY before (I currently live in NYC) so I can't say how it's like up there.

I want to hike for atleast two days or three. So as many miles as I can around mountains and forests.
>>
>>748218
I don't expect much from shitposters but atleast tell me why you think i'm baiting instead of mindlessly saying that I am.
>>
>>748219
>I honestly might bring a toy gun with me and imitate it as a real one if I come across a bear
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

blew it op
>>
>>748222
What?
>>
File: durr.jpg (32 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
32 KB, 500x371
>>748224
it means you went full retard. shoulda kept it more subtle. you could have drug this on for daaaaays.
>>
>>748226
What?
>>
>>748219
Having a toy gun is going to exacerbate any situation, and won't fulfill the primary reason for having a gun - to defend oneself with deadly force.

Pointing a toy gun at a tweaked out methhead might be the reason he kills you.
>>
>>748163
Summer is in a month.
Picresize.com
Stop shitting up the board with troll threads.
>>
this thread was a good read, thanks /out/
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.