[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What walks have you completed/planned for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: blisters.jpg (188 KB, 805x665) Image search: [Google]
blisters.jpg
188 KB, 805x665
What walks have you completed/planned for?
>>
I really want to do the Pacific Northwest Trail next year. It's not as long as the PCT or AT, but it crosses over 4 mountain ranges and ends at the Pacific ocean. Something like 50 people through hike it each year.

Gotta get better at orienteering though, cause it's a newer trail and big sections of it are unmarked/unmaintained.
>>
>>746004
Nice, If I could ever get a few months off I'd go over to the US to do the appalacian trail.
>>
I walked to the laundromat
Later I plan on walking to work
>>
>>745989
you walked on water?
>>
it's cute when people in the uk think they're /out/
>>
>>746031
We make do with whats available. Jealous of the US and Canada for the sheer amount of space you have.
>>
File: americucks.png (454 KB, 634x479) Image search: [Google]
americucks.png
454 KB, 634x479
>>746031
>american "wilderness"
having fun on your premade trails and rest stops every hour, pedro? :^)
>>
>>745989

Moving to the UK soon so interested in this. I'd like to go for a walk/hike/hitchike around Scotland at some point. After that, I really want to hit up Sweden, maybe during the midsummer festival.
>>
File: SAM_3469.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3469.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
I've been planning a south-north traverse of the Moroccan Atlas for years. I did about 50% of it last year.
Done half a dozen distance hikes in the UK. I liked Offa's Dyke and the WHW, and there was some circuit in Kent I did a while back which was fun.
I've done most of the portion of the Appalachian Trail that runs through my state. Gonna make time to do the whole thing one of these days.
>>
>>745989
I do the Freedom Trail almost every Friday night.
>>
>>745989
I am planning to walk around Austria. I have a month in may. Any Austria bros or people who have been there have any recommendations? I bought a trail book and was just going to wing it from hut to hut.
>>
File: jirisan.png (927 KB, 1485x801) Image search: [Google]
jirisan.png
927 KB, 1485x801
Here is a recent one I did.
>>
I was day dreaming about solo walking the perimeter of the UK but when I actually looked into it I discovered it would take at least 10 months, most likely a year to complete. I don't have the savings to maintain a year long outing without any income and I don't really like the idea of walking through some of the cities alone (Glasgow especially), if I got lost and wandered into some backwater area I would be in a lot of trouble.
>>
>>747895
>I don't really like the idea of walking through some of the cities alone (Glasgow especially)

So don't. Avoid the cities and hit up the smaller towns.
>>
>>746031
enjoy your park rangers policing your every move and checking on you every hour
>>
>>745989
2012 - Cumbria Way
2013 - Hadrian's Wall
2014 - West Highland Way
2015 - 2 day walk round a mountain in Iceland
2016 - Southern end of Offa's Dyke hopefully

Want to do the South Downs Way the most I think.

Did a 26 mile walk a couple of weekends ago in the north pennine peat bogs, which was pretty cool.
>>
>>748552
What sort of level of fitness were you at before you did the WHW? My girlfriend and I are planning on doing it this summer, but she's worried about training for it. We would be camping and carrying everything, rather than baggage transfers.

The terrain looks straight forward, so I reckon a few 30 mile weekends/20 mile days and we'll be fine?
>>
>>745989
>pic

So, in 2011 you were Jesus?
>>
>>750969
Fairly minimal, but I've done a lot of walking before and am slim, so I knew I could manage. We were carrying all our stuff too, but had one rest day where we climbed Ben Lomond.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.