[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crepy wilderness encounters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 26
File: creepy.jpg (240 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
creepy.jpg
240 KB, 720x480
Whats the creepiest thing that has happened to you when camping, hiking, hunting, or just out in the wilderness? Something paranormal, unknown, creepy? Share your stories.
>>
>>741363
bigfoot came out from the undergrowth and sucked my dick
>>
>>741507
Bigdick came out from the undergrowth and sucked my foot
>>
>>741507
spoopy
>>
>>741511

sexy
>>
>>741511
Sorry about that bruh, I know it was kinda awkward with your mom watching and all.
>>
>be 10
>fishing from a paddle boat on a lake in Ontario
>snag lure on a log
>line snaps
>like lure
>jump in and grab line
>swim over, find lure and pull it out
>swimming back to paddle boat and
>suddenly
>something grabs my ankle
>pulls me
>I kick
>it let's go
>swim fast as fuck back into the boat
>never saw anything
>felt like a big mouth, but no teeth, no pain
>still creeps me the fuck out swimming in dark lakes
>>
>>741611
Catfish?
>>
>>741703
Probably bigfoot.
>>
>>741711
possibly bigdick
>>
>>741611
Yo Fampai that was me sorry
>>
>>741611
Could've been pretty much anything in the North Atlantic. There was a report of a Mako shark washing up in the lake near Wolfe Island a few years back, and there have been dozens of reports of fishermen pulling small-medium sized sharks out of the lake. Recently there have been bull sharks in the St. Lawrence.

Obviously they wouldn't be abundant, but they can make their way into the lake. Being able to actually survive for longer than a little while is iffy.
>>
>>741611

Seaweed, dude.
>>
>>742019
No it clamped on me with force, it was something living.
>>
>>742001
>felt like a big mouth, but no teeth, no pain
>mako/bull shark
>>
File: schlepp.jpg (2 MB, 3468x2394) Image search: [Google]
schlepp.jpg
2 MB, 3468x2394
>>741611
fuck this shit i'm out

>>742752
or an eel maybe
>>
File: iip-painting.jpg (574 KB, 1050x774) Image search: [Google]
iip-painting.jpg
574 KB, 1050x774
My friend and I have a going theory that if we keep drinking time will stand still, the sun won't come up, and the earth will return, albeit temporarily, to the Dreamtime state. Problem is, by 3am or so we're so hammered we can't keep going. We always give up and fall asleep and sure enough we wake up and it's sunny and sunday.

Welp, one summer night in 2014 we were camping in my back acres and he went to bed but I stayed-up and drank. I was sitting in my camping chair by the fire, beers at my feet, and a fucking fawn walked out of the forest and knelt on the ground next to me. It just sat there relaxed, looking around for about an hour. The forest was frozen, the sky was just gray, there wasn't the slightest wind. I dozed off in my chair and when I woke up the birds were singing, the sund was gleaming through the leaves, and there was no sign of the little deer. Back to the Dreamtime I guess. I wish I stayed there forever.
>>
File: C80.jpg (446 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
C80.jpg
446 KB, 900x900
When I was elementary school age, we lived year around on a summer camp in rural Alabama. Lots of weird noises and lights in the sky over the years but we figured most of the sounds were wildlife and there was an air force base in the region so that could be some of the lights. Plus it was a swampy area. But none of that explains diamondhead.

One night I went to bed, turned off the light and saw a figure right outside my window silhouetted by the moon. It was a human figure but instead of a round head, it had a diamond shaped head. Because of the slope of the land, the person would need to be around ten feet tall to be able to stand outside my window and be at the same level. I left my room and found out that my parents and siblings were all inside. Dad went outside with his shotgun but didn't see anything. He thought I was seeing things but even now decades later the image of diamondhead is still vivid in my memory and creeps me out thinking about it. I have no rational explanation for what it might have been.
>>
File: IMG_1846.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1846.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
I got one for you guys.

>out camping with friends in BWCA, which is known for its size and remoteness
>been coming here since I was a kid, worked at outfitters, know all the lakes and great campsites
>first night on trail, wake up from incredibly realistic dream
>in the dream, I'm in the tent and it's near pitch black
>I sit up and look around
>notice my friend Dan is staring at me, wide eyed and clearly afraid of something
>hear footfalls outside the tent, Dan looks towards the tent door
>Dan looks back at me, and says
>"Anon... That's not one of us. That's not human."
>wake up in real life
>everyone is asleep, the sun has just risen
>unzip tent and step outside to piss
>there are footprints surrounding the campsite, lots of matted down grass, etc
>shrug it off and figure it was just a weird dream (i always have crazy vivid dreams when i go camping)

Cont.
>>
File: IMG_1848.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1848.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
During the day I never really noticed anything out of the ordinary. We had decent weather, I was outdoors, we had hot food and a dry tent. I was just happy to be outside.

>dream from night 2 of the trip
>our group is paddling on the water and talking, laughing, singing, etc
>every portage we get to, someone seems to meld into our group without us noticing
>they wear similar clothes, speak like us, laugh with us, but otherwise attempt to draw as little attention as possible
>by the time we reach our final lake to canoe through for the day's planned route, our canoes are low to the water from all the weight of people we're carrying
>finally notice that these people weren't with us at the start of the day
>yell at them to leave, they don't belong with us, etc
>they look at me deadpan and silently slip out of our canoes and back into the water
>they kind of "slither" as they get out of the canoes
>they swim straight down and disappear

I didn't really record the dreams in much detail because we had to pack up and leave early and quickly every morning to make the distance we wanted to make. It was august in the BWCA and that's big tourist season, so there's some competition for campsites.

Sorry for the horrible handwriting
>>
File: battle scarred.jpg (51 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
battle scarred.jpg
51 KB, 960x640
>>742824
I'm going to skip to day 4 / night 4. Night 3 isn't related to the strange events that happened during the trip.

>day 4
>long day across the water after getting a bit lost on day 3 and having to get back on track (I was letting one of my green friends navigate so he could get some experience)
>paddle through lots of recent burn zone
>charred trees, dead grass, bare rocks, creepy shit etc
>get to camp a bit later than usual, but in good spirit albeit very tired
>discover crayfish hole, friend starts whittling a spear to stab one for dinner
>ends up slicing his thumb open with his knife and we patch him up, but not before he bleeds all over everything
>lots of whiskey passed around
>eat dinner, pass out

Will continue to night 4 in the next post. I’ll post a picture of my friend's thumb for proof of battle wounds.
>>
File: dymanhedd.jpg (139 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
dymanhedd.jpg
139 KB, 1500x1000
>>742819
for u anon
>>
File: IMG_1850.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1850.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>742826
>night 4
>wake in middle of the night
>friend next to me is staring at me, seem to have awoken at the same time
>he whispers, "listen"
>realize why i woke up, can distinctly hear footfalls outside the tent
>definitely not one of us, can hear the breathing of the other two guys next to me
>whatever it is, it's right next to the tent now
>can feel its presence
>smells bad. smells horrible. like rotten fish and dried algae
>can see the fear in friends eyes, we are both seasoned campers but this is something we have NEVER seen or heard of before
>things moves away from the tent towards the tree where we hung our food pack
>listen for a while, it investigates the food then turns back toward the tent and leaves
>as it moves past, smell the dead fish smell again
>hear multiple other things move away from the campsite back towards the water
>silence, then fall asleep
>wake up later to the sound of wolves howling, friend also wakes up to it
>staring at each other again
>he whispers, "if they come back, we might have to go out there."
>fall asleep again
>wake up and begin journaling, at first thinking both the campsite visitation and the howling were both dreams
>after short discussion with friend who woke up with me, I realize they weren't dreams, but chalk up the visitation to be just a hungry wolf pack

During the trip, it was really hard for me to notice how strange these events really were, as I absolutely love the outdoors and was having a blast paddling canoes all day.
>>
File: misty morning 5-1.jpg (45 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
misty morning 5-1.jpg
45 KB, 960x640
>>742831
Here's what the lake looked like on morning 5, right after the visitation. The heaviest fog we had on the trip by far. It was even thicker before we took the photo.
>>
File: vistation site.jpg (142 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
vistation site.jpg
142 KB, 960x640
>>742833
Here's a pic from the lake of the site we were visited at.
>>
File: surrounded 5-1.png (1 MB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
surrounded 5-1.png
1 MB, 960x640
>>742838
Okay, back to the story.

>day 5
>paddle upstream on a narrow river
>reach campsite earlier than expected, end up laying around with lots of free time
>everyone is reading quietly or playing cards etc when I notice something
>the birds have stopped singing
>hear footfalls around the campsite
>two creatures moving
>can tell by pace of footfalls that they are walking on two feet
>pace goes, pat pat pat pat, stop. pat pat pat pat, stop
>in the middle of an old burn zone, campsite is surrounded by short, shrubby trees that block a clear view
>everyone in camp is listening now, knives out and waiting
>I climb a nearby dead tree to see what I can, but the brush is too thick to see through from above
>feel like I'm being watched
>after a few minutes, I climb down and join the rest of the guys
>hear footfalls for a bit longer, fading away from camp
>group chalks it off to being two curious bears, "this is the wilderness after all"

Pic shows the tree i climbed (red bark on the right) and the thick shrubs that surrounded our campsite
>>
>>742844
>day 7
>in camp, cold and hungry
>quickly go out gathering firewood and setting up the tent
>urge to shit steadily increasing
>finish setting up camp right when the rain stops
>urge to shit is now unbearable, drank too much coffee
>run off to shitter
>didn't bother to tell anyone I had left, too big of hurry
>proceed to unload ten pounds of rehydrated hash browns
>while I was gone, my friends were getting ready to cook
>they said I came back from the shitter trail and stood near one of them
>didn't say much, but repeatedly asked him to come get firewood with me
>he says we already have enough
>Dan starts skipping rocks, while I stood near the fireplace
>Friend that cut himself is taking pictures
>snaps a shot of me
>I mumble something about firewood and walk into the woods
>Then the real me came back 5 minutes later from the shitter and announce what a great shit I had
>didn't hear this story until recently when discussing the visitation night with the friend i was awake with

Pic is "me" in the campsite.
>>
File: odd actions.jpg (142 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
odd actions.jpg
142 KB, 960x640
>>742847
forgot pic
>>
File: IMG_1853.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1853.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
>>742848
>night 7
>have a series of strange dreams
>one was unsettling to remember at the time, so i skimmed over it
>walking along St. Croix river in Wisconsin
>sandy beaches, sunny skies, nice breeze
>stumble upon old steamboat on the shore
>rotting, falling apart, covered in dead algae
>walk inside
>smells horrible, rotting fish etc
>make way to captains quarters
>naked man with back to me is standing there
>dripping wet, pale, bald, skin looks raisin-y like when you're in a pool for too long
>wake up

Pic is night 7 entries.
>>
File: paddling 3.jpg (44 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
paddling 3.jpg
44 KB, 960x640
>>742850
Last post related to story.

>Long day of paddling through rain
>need lots of filtered water for dinner and breakfast
>send two friends to paddle to middle of lake to get some
>three of us still at campsite prepping dinner
>still drizzling rain, very cold, no one is talking much
>hear voices in the woods
>distinctly sounds like our two friends calling for us
>we yell at them to fuck off and get the water
>they're still calling for us, goes on for 15 min or so, then stops
>friends come back 30 min later with the water
>"what the fuck was that yelling all about?"
>"what yelling?"
>"you were yelling at us through the woods."
>"lol no we weren't"
>"whatever"
>wake up the next morning to loads of dead fish on the shoreline, all freshly gutted, very ripe smelling
>paddle out and drive to Grand Marais for donuts
>>
>>741507

Well, that escalated quickly.
>>
Honestly guys I chalked it up to being a large turtle, just not a snapper
>>
File: burn zone.jpg (102 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
burn zone.jpg
102 KB, 960x640
>>742859
From every post I've read about skinwalkers and those sorts of creatures, they've always been dryland animals. Not aquatic.

Whatever these were, they definitely seemed like aquatic creatures.

Anyone else have stories like this? I've never believed in creature stories until I talked the trip over with my friend that cut his thumb open. I guess I consider myself lucky that things never got worse than they were.
>>
>>742861
maybe it was a dead hooker and you stepped into her muff
>>
>>742819

You were not /out/ bra. Doesn't count.
>>
>>742829
is that bigfoot's dick?
>>
>>742793

Sweet story. That's why I like camping alone and sitting still just looking around. If you do it long enough you'll see all sorts of amazing shit.
>>
>>742868
it actually reminds me of link related in a way, but cooler

https://youtu.be/c9imHz0nBd4
>>
>>742848
You wouldn't chalk it up to dehydration and hunger or anything else?

I'm guessing this is just some spoopy bullshit but whatever.
>>
>>742879
Nah dude. I've been through intense dehydration/hunger, we were well equipped, well fed, and hydrated.

To be honest, almost all of the story can be easily written off as animal behavior. I added it because I felt it may be relevant.

The only parts that don't make sense to me are where the creature tried to lure my friend into the woods, and the voices that came from the woods the next night.
>>
>be me, 7 years ago
>hunting mule deer
>walking down an old logging road in the Sierra Nevada mountains
>kept hearing noises behind me
>look behind me constantly
>nothing
>hair on the back of my neck keeps standing up
>find a good spot to watch a clearing
>no wind blowing. Everything is quiet.
>too quiet
>feel like something is watching me
>fuckthisshit.jpeg
>walk back to the truck as quickly as possible

>come back next day
>tracks on top of my tracks
>>
>>742888
Wut kind of tracks?

>>742884
When you look at the pic they took of you, what goes through your head?

Were you and your friends eating a bunch of mushrooms and xanax the entire "trip"?

>Also, obligatory
>>>/x/
>>
>>742893
Mountain lion
>>
>>742896
Oh haha, not /x/ but probably more spoopy than any skinwalkers. Good size tracks?
>>
About the size of the palm of my hand
>>
>>742893
I just don't recognize myself in the picture. It doesn't look like me at all. Aside from that I feel uneasy looking at it. I could post a normal photo of myself if you want to compare it to the other one.

And no lol, I don't do drugs. We drank whiskey some nights, but that was it.
>>
>>742848
Fucking stories like this

This is almost identical to the Australian skinwalker story, where it "ate" anon's friend and took his image, everyone saying the friend never acted the same way again after the trip
>>
>>742912
post for us. Another of you from the same trip
>>
>>742909
Haha fuck man, that's crazy. Makes me want to walk with a mask on the back of my head like they do in Africa or wherever to deter big cats.

>>742912
Spoopy. There is that little off and distant look to it but idk, I wasn't there.
>>
>>741545
good one
>>
>innawoods camping with friends
>kinda drunk, kinda tired
>friend tells joke really poorly
>nobody laughs
>everybody boo's
what you are about to hear is real

https://youtu.be/yGVIPQgY48A
>>
>>742943
Ive heard coyotes do this before. When i was in the military whenever they'd play reveille in the morning the coyotes would go nuts in this small canyon by the base flightline.

Spoopy but obviously not a threat. If I were you guys id be spooped from the sound but not actually worried since ive heard it before
>>
>>742951
i don't get spoopdt anymore because i've lived with them my whole life, and been camping with them for about 15 years, but my friends do. i love the 'yotes
>>
File: for anon.jpg (61 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
for anon.jpg
61 KB, 960x640
>>742925
Here's the pic.

>>742924
Which one is that? I find that a lot of skinwalker stories are similar. Lots of native cultures had stories of skinwalkers as well.
>>
File: bebewithknif.jpg (26 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
bebewithknif.jpg
26 KB, 400x285
>innawoods camping with a summer camp
>It's the end of the day and almost going to get dark, we just finneshed dinner.
>hear a bloodcurdling scream
>one of the Counselor grabs the medkit and runs towards the scream.
>we cower in our tents
>He says he doesn't find anything.
>Tells us we need to go.
>We pack our shit as fast as humanely possible.
>We walk down the trail for 20 minutes and find bullet shells.
>Rural NH so not too crazy, but in my 10 years of hiking there that's the only time i've ever seen shells on the trail.
>We are shitting our pants so we just hike for 2 hours.
>It's dark and we hastily set up camp and sleep.
What happens next i'm not sure if it really happened. It was too surreal. There was a child in a diaper of around 4 with a large knife that followed us for 30 minutes, then ran in the opposite direction for seemingly no reason.

That's the "spookiest" thing that has happened while /out/. In terms of fearing for my life, I've had some close calls with bears.
>>
Backpacked with the senpai-bodia into Sepse hot springs in 2003. It was around 10 at night and me, dad, and brother are sitting around a small fire. Somewhere disturbingly close comes a low "wooooOOOOOooo" that makes still makes the hair on my neck stand up thinking about it. Asked my dad what that was, he kept starting into the thicket and just said "I don't know" really quiet.

inb4 cow, there's no livestock in the canyon and we would have heard a cow stomping around in the underbrush. Whatever the fuck made this sound had a lot of bass in it's voice, and we didn't hear anything else after than.
>>
>>742958
"spoop" image looks like a sullen possessed version of you. How have you not thrown a shitfit over this with your friends if this is true?

Two blokes go innabush to some woods somewhere in southwest Aus I believe.

Think they see large brown masses moving through the trees. Ignore it.
On the second day, friend goes to gather firewood, is gone for a like two hours. Forgive me if im in error but I think at somepoint he saw his friend standing stark straight away from him with a large mass moving around near him when he went to wood line to check on him.
Anyway, friend comes back way later, blood on clothes and acting awkward, gives the same laugh for every thing.
That night, anon wakes up to seeing friend staring right at him. falls back asleep. Next morning friend eats breakfast meat hardly cooked at all. Doesnt give a fuck. Later Friend asks him to go into woodline with him, is persistent, pleads with him. He goes to woodline, starts feeling spooked out as fuck, thinks
he sees another mass in tree line again. Refuses to go into woods.

Starting to really suspect what happened to his friend. Friend still acting weird, agrees with everything and gives same exact laugh to everything. Things like his cell phone perplex him momentarily, then he uses them. Anon decides to ask friend personal questions, they've known each other since childhood. friend gives vague agreeing answers and same laugh.

Back home and everyone says friend has been acting strange and eating only meat, very rare. Friend tends to ask anon all the time when they can go back to that camping spot, apparently it was like over a 4 hour drive.
>>
>>742964
>What happens next i'm not sure if it really happened. It was too surreal. There was a child in a diaper of around 4 with a large knife that followed us for 30 minutes, then ran in the opposite direction for seemingly no reason.

ok, fuck you
>>
>>742967
just looked on google images, I saw photos of rams and even fucking camels. But neither of those sound right. That's spooky as fuck.

>not camping with a .45 with a highpower LED flashlight

I dont know If I can go without one again. Camping alone is SPOOK CENTRAL
>>
There are a hundred active spooky threads. Why?
>>
>>742975
As I said, I discussed it with my other friend (the one who cut his thumb and was awake when we had a campsite visitation). We don't really want to make a big deal out of it since nothing detrimental to our team occurred.

Despite him being an idiot and cutting his thumb open, we're the most experienced in our group. He's an eagle scout, and I've been on a few month long trips in Canada as well as tons of shorter trips around the U.S. If the group leaders get worried, so does everybody else.

We're all going to the Bighorns for an eight day backpacking trip in a month and a half, so I'd rather not spook everyone out about it now.

I'm sure the other guys have picked up that something weird happened on the trip, but they're not bothered by it and neither am I.

Weird shit happens in the woods. Shit you can't explain. I've hallucinated while floating on a canoe in the middle of a completely placid lake that perfectly mirrored the stars and milky way, saw myself being born again and felt like I travelled the whole universe. I've never done drugs in my life, either.

On one of my longer trips, nearing the end of it we knew each other so well as a group, we went a whole day without talking and didn't have an issue with navigation or anything. It's like telepathy in a way.

Sorry, got off on a tangent... You know what I mean, though, right? The woods are just one of those places that the unexplainable can really just happen.
>>
>>742831
so your food was taken?
>>
>>742986
because they are the most entertaining threads on /out/
>>
>>742991
>Weird shit happens in the woods. Shit you can't explain
K you are obviouslly going through a phase. Don't worry, you'll grow up.
>>
>>742995
Thankfully no. We hung our packs in a tree every night to protect it from bears.

>>742997
Nice bait. Go for a hike sometime, friendo.
>>
>>742979
fuck camping alone brah

invest yourself in a traildog
>>
>>742991
I havent been on a good backpacking trip ever as an adult with some friends, been too busy with the military. But yeah, I know what you're saying. Ive never had anything supernatural or strange happen that I can think of happen though.

I mean yeah everyone has had the mysterious walker around the tents but I always shrug it off as deer.

Actually, I want to say I had a spooky experience as a teen but I cant remember right now. All I can think of is this, but it isnt /out/ related.

>grow up in Houston
>be 14 years old or someshit
>buy new rollerblades (I was really into rollerhockey) and excited as fuck to try them on
>take shoes off in front lawn, throw on skates, go around neighborhood.
>come back, cant find shows ANYwhere!
>upset, think im going to have to explain to mom and dad I lost my shoes :^[
>next day is a trip to Corpus Christie to go to overnight cubscout trip to USS Lexington, SPOOKED WW2 ship.

>Lay out all my clothes for the trip, think im going to have to spend all night looking for shoes
>put shirts, underwear and pants into one square folded pile
>look for a long time for shoes, go back to room defeated
>look at clothes stack, it looks different
>lift it up
>my
>fucking
>shoes
>are underneath

>WHY DID THE SPOOKS COME TO MY HOUSE IN HOUSTON? THERE WERE NO SPOOKS ON THAT WHOLE TRIP TO THE SHIP. WHY FUCK WITH MY SHOES? THE NAVY SPOOKS ARE EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDLY!
>>
>>743002
I am allergic to doges

Its very upsetting. I would trade my cat immunity for it in a heartbeat. My mom and brother are allergic to cats. I got fucking dogs. End my life.
>>
>>743003
Your mom picked up your shoes and put them there so you didn't lose them.

>>743005
Get a labradoodle or something.
>>
>>743003
>I mean yeah everyone has had the mysterious walker around the tents but I always shrug it off as deer.

Dude, that just brings me back to my first couple camping trips with my family and being petrified in the tent late at night, listening to the animals walk around while everyone else sleeps.
>>
>>743008
>>743003
>he doesn't set up a perimeter of landmines around his camp

I mean sometimes you get woken up by explosions, but at least there is peace of mind. Except for those damn dropbears.
>>
File: traildogs.jpg (226 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
traildogs.jpg
226 KB, 1024x768
>>743005
Aw, dude that blows. Hiking with a well-trained dog is amazing. They scout everything for danger and are really good at warning you about nearby animals.

Pic related, my traildogs.
>>
>>743011
but then you must feed them...
>>
>>742678

I'm sure it seemed that way to your 10 year old imagination.
>>
File: diblicker.jpg (20 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
diblicker.jpg
20 KB, 576x1024
>>743009
>be me
>/out/ in yellowstone
>spent all my money on landmines and gear, forgot to buy permit
>fuckit.jpg
>set up camp and gently place landmines
>sleeping peacefully
>suddenly awoken by eruption of fire and earth
>burst out of tent
>body parts rain down upon me
>tattered and blood stained khaki shirt floats down nearby
>shoulder badge reads "PARK RANGER"
>fucker tried to catch me without a permit while i slept
>mfw
>>
File: Tally.jpg (309 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Tally.jpg
309 KB, 1024x683
>>743014
I've got little dog saddlebags that carry their food in it. Looks like pic related.
>>
>>742829

It's one of the aboriginal gods, I forget which one. If you get close enough you can hear it gently whispering, "Gissa ciggy, cunt"
>>
>>742831
>>742826
>>742824
>>742822

Have you ever looked at someone's face and realised, as you're in the middle of telling them about your strange dreams, that they just don't give a fuck? It's like listening to someone describe an action film, it just has 0 interest or impact when you hear it second-hand. It might seem ultra vivid to you, but to everyone else it's boring as hell.
>>
>>743023
kek
>>
>>742859

>need lots of filtered water for dinner and breakfast
>send two friends to paddle to middle of lake to get some

You need to go to the middle of the lake... to get filtered water? You left your Sawyer floating out there? Or you just needed an excuse to get two of your characters sufficiently out of camp for a while?

Before you go and make shit up you have to ensure that you maintain consistency in your diegesis.
>>
>>742863

Kek

Opportunity lost for bloated decaying lake sex
>>
>>742859
>>742850
>>742848
>>742847
>>742844
>>742838
>>742833
>>742831

Fuck off back to /x you retard, stop shitting up this /out thread with your 2spoopy9me shit
>>
>>742996

For people who've never actually been /out/
>>
>>743028
It's more damaging to the filter if you use water close to shore. The further from shore you are, the purer the water is. In windy conditions, one person must paddle the canoe while the other one uses the water filter.

Alternatively, we could have boiled water, but that takes a lot of fuel to do, and we couldn't boil it over a woodfire because the wood was wet from the rain.

I can see why you're skeptical, but there really isn't any reason to be upset.
>>
>>743020
I feel like that's a waste of a landmine that could've been better used on a hobo.

We need the rangers to keep minorities out of our parks. It's the white man's last refuge.
>>
>>743037
>and we couldn't boil it over a woodfire because the wood was wet from the rain

So the only way to make a fire is under a roof?

Nah m8, your full of shit
>>
>>741363

Started out creepy, ended up kind of funny.

>Be me, Ausfag
>Innawoods
>Off trail, secluded spot
>Alone in the woods.jpg
>Ground sheet, tarp, bugnet (no tent)
>Wake up middle of the night
>Hear a weird rasping sound, can't place it
>Back to sleep
>Some time later, same sound VERY close to head
>Confused brain thinks I'm at home and it's my dog bothering me to get up and play with him
>"Baxter fuck off! Go to bed!"
>Swing arm out lazily, connects with something hairy
>GRONK GRONK GRONK REEEEEE! REEEE!
>WTF WAS THAT
>Brain wakes up, realise where I am
>Grab torch in time to see small bushpig running for its life
>Kek'd myself back to sleep
>>
File: AW HELLLL NO.png (13 KB, 258x447) Image search: [Google]
AW HELLLL NO.png
13 KB, 258x447
I am not a good story teller and my English is not so good sorry.

>13
>swimming in boracay at 3 in the morning
>sand feels nice underwater
>suddenly, my foot slipped and touches nothing
>what the fuck where'd the sand go
>look underwater through my goggles
>there's a big fucking hole underwater
>activate michael phelps mode and got the fuck out of that place
>>
File: 1392279013960.jpg (138 KB, 1208x1040) Image search: [Google]
1392279013960.jpg
138 KB, 1208x1040
>>743042
>So the only way to make a fire is under a roof?
holy fugg is this guy serious
it's a story brah
chill brah
>>
>>743051
where from
>>
>>743054
Philippenis.
>>
>>743055
what is going /out/ like in phillip pines? is there actual camping or backpacking?
>>
>>743007
no she didnt James Bond, I asked around, and no body was walking around the house at the time but me
>>
>>743035
Oh shut the fuck up
>>
File: file.png (4 MB, 1700x1133) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1700x1133
>>743057
>>743057
If you're looking for somewhere to travel, I'd suggest Palawan. The scene is just beautiful.There's also a fair amount of spoopy creatures.
>>
>>743060
dawg just ignore him, it's one guy just shitposting because his dad didn't like him much
>>
>>743061
neat. is it a sailing/sea kayaking destination, or backpacking?

what are the spooky creatures?
>>
>>743063
>is it a sailing/sea kayaking destination, or backpacking?
All of them.

>what are the spooky creatures?
There's really alot, you can search them if you have free time. The most realistic and the most freaky for me is the Kapre though, they're giants who dwell in huge ass trees.

>"Kapres are also said to play pranks on people, frequently making travelers become disoriented and lose their way in the mountains or in the woods." - Wikipedia
>>
>>743064
i'm there bro

i've always wanted to travel in southeast asia
>>
>>743066
Have fun, man. There are lots of foreigners so lines and stuff may take long, take a board game or something witchu.
>>
Probably Russian people in remote forest areas.
>>
>>743060
>>743062

Yeah telling ghost stories are way more entertaining than talking about actually being outside. Fuck yeah you edgy cunts go back to x
>>
>>742831
WENDIGO
E
N
D
I
G
O
>>
I met an American once, it was terrible.
>>
>>743618
did he go ahead and eliminate all the local predators and keep them at bay so you didn't have to expend your own effort and resources doing that, and thus you were able to enjoy your food an camp experience in peace and safety without having to invest in the security effort yourself? and then did he fuck you in your feminine little boipucci so you get all mad because you thought it was all for free?
>>
>>743625
Are you American by any chance?
>>
>>744434
i have dual citizenship but that's one of them yes
>>
>>744439
I could feel the freedom and second-hand obesity emanating from your post, that's all.
>>
>>744448
i'm skinny actually, but i do eminate freedom from my unwashed cut pænis
>>
File: eminem-espn-interview-face.jpg (36 KB, 422x337) Image search: [Google]
eminem-espn-interview-face.jpg
36 KB, 422x337
Absolutely 100% truth.

>Boundary Waters (Big Moose Lake)
>July 2011
>late night
>sitting out by the fire
>spot a perfectly spherical ball of intense white light vibrating just above the tree line across the lake
>what the fuck
>light shoots across the sky in a perfectly horizontal fashion
>vibrates there few about 30 seconds until it shoots straight up and disappears like it hit the warp drive button
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.