[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Season 2 of Alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 4qrk6.png (127 KB, 520x179) Image search: [Google]
4qrk6.png
127 KB, 520x179
I haven't watched it yet but we should get bets in early. I actually liked this show and don't watch much TV.
>>
>>>/tv/

sage
>>
File: alone-alan-02-600.jpg (91 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
alone-alan-02-600.jpg
91 KB, 600x600
bump
>>
>>739383
I liked this show too OP. The island is pretty good but I preferred Alone.
>>
>>739383
Just watched all the introductions and gear lists, everyone seems to be thinking along the same lines.
They all have axes tho. I'm sending applications for the next season. I think extra food may be a better item, sience saw and big ass knife can probably take care of all your shit. Maybe a multi tool with a bunch of special shit like that one guy.
So my items would be
-20 sleeping bag, synthetic.
Large folding saw.
Big solid knife.
Ground cloth tarp thingy.
The fishing line 100' 15 lbs 200' 100 lbs. Hooks too
Food
Ferro rod.
Pot.
Food.
Net.
Survive of the 10 lbs of food sparing as much as possible while building a good shelter insulated by the tarp. Nestle up in there and survive. The saw should do short work of small trees for the shelter, drying enough tinder should not be too much of a problem I hope. Maybe with some luck and some sun and a solid shrlter. It seems laziness is what kicks people's asses in these shows.
>>
>>739383
Surprisingly comfy
It's always thrilling to see people do stuff like this, and it's comforting to know that the people I root for win
>>
>>741879
Hope you get in.
>>
so i've watched the launch lists.

One of the ladies brought a Mora. There's also one BK7 in the mix, a genesis, jx2, what looks like a falkniven a1, a couple of customs, 2 that I don't recognise, and one dude only has a multi tool.

Everyone brought an axe, and a big change from first season is how many people brought a saw and emergency rations.

On the flip side, tarps weren't nearly as prominent as in season 1.
>>
File: Alone.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Alone.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
I'm going to pick this guy. Most of them seem to be survival instructors but I'm going to state right now that no woman, current or former military, or the black guy are going to make it. Woman have kids and are going to start crying. The military guys always tap out, they are team oriented, and the black guy right off the bat will be scared of anything in the woods plus he's ex military.
>>
>>739383
Looking forward to it. I loved season one.

>>739635
That dude was an animal. He almost looked disappointed when they told him he had won and that it was over. Maybe he was using it to escape his family or something.
>>
>>742096
I think maybe he was thinking about how long it was between the second to last guy dropping out and the moment they told him, like if they were actually being truthful
>>
>>742036
Jose seems like a really cool guy. He wants to motivate people to do more /out/ stuff, even if it's just camping for a weekend.

http://www.history.ca/alone/video/extended-drop-off-scenes/season-2/joses-extended-launch/video.html?v=666216515939#alone/video/extended-drop-off-scenes/season-2
>>
>>742096
He was a beast, but I don't think it's fair to come away thinking that he wanted to avoid his family. Obviously things go on behind the scenes, but it looked like he had a solid relationship with them, and he was the most mentally strong of anyone there in my opinion.
>>
>>742096
>That dude was an animal.
he's doing the voice over for the new season, at least he did the first episode. I hope they keep him on for that.
>>
>>739383
Anyone know of any ways to watch it other than reruns on tv?
>>
>>741955
>On the flip side, tarps weren't nearly as prominent as in season 1.

I remember that they were noisy when the wind blew. I'd take a tarp in a heartbeat but I'd also make it so I could sleep without the flapping noise.
>>
>>742739
the website has all the episodes up till now, otherwise torrents.
>>
>>742036
Last season three of the four fags I thought had the shit literally bitched out because they were sad.
>bellingham's mom had cancer
>mouse eater had a preggo wife
>ukulele/yurt guy bitched out for literally no reason beyond boredom
Chief crazy guy (Georgia?) went on to win, which didn't entirely shock me because when they first dropped him off and you got to see his various layers of clothing I said to the room of people watching with me that "he has the right clothing and level of talk to yourself to actually exist in this PNW shit hole." As much as I loathe multiscam he was wearing the right shit and it paid off once it got real PNW winter.
the only oddball i didn't see coming was the retard who lost his firestarter and left on night 1 or 2 and left.
>>
>>743238
>ukulel/yurt guy
you mean Sam, the hot one?
>>
>>742096
actually i think it was his family that helpd him win, Lucas Miller for example, it seemed that he would make it to a lot of days but couldn't due to, maybe, he was like 30 yeas but didn't have a family of his own. Could be.. i don't know.

When does the new sieries start again? I relaly liked those
>>
>>743438
Thursday, at least that's when it premiers here in Ontario
>>
Just started watching this, 1st season, pretty cool show and i'm surprised so many people bailed out so early. like the guy who thought he was losing his mind after 6 days? sack up cunt.
>>
So I was pretty excited about it but then I see the introductions.

People talking about batoning wood with their knives when they all have axes.

People taking trail mix and pemican only. Bet at least one of the pemican people get sick from it.

Half of them taking "2 quart" pans and pots that hold 5? 7? Quarts. Are they cheating? Personally I would take a 5l pot of I could but some people are sticking to the 2qrt pot. Seems like a breach if they happen to win.

Idk some of these guys look like it's their first time in these kind of situation. If they treated it like an extended camping trip they might do better than going hard core survivalist mode from the get go. Just my .02
>>
>>743238
the guy who lost his firestarter is joe robinet i think, it was a real shame as ive seen his stuff on youtube before and i think he could have beaten sam at least.
Alan had it in the bag though, as soon as i saw what his shelter was like and that he seemed pretty happy to eat slugs and bull kelp seaweed shit i knew he would win
>>
>>744935
the guy who quit after the second day i think once he heard the wolves, from the moment he got dropped off he looked like he was gonna cry.

I don't know that much about bushcraft but with the extra rations and sleeping bag he could have made it a full week without needing to forage or even light a fire, sure he would have been cold,miserable and hungry but his pride would be intact.

i wonder if they were allowed to kill the bears, i would be quite tempted to bait one with food and then drop a boulder onto its head, you'd defintley have enough meat after that
>>
>>744940
yeah keeping it basic and only using the things you know how to use sounds like a decent plan.

The pemican people might start getting the shits if thats all they are eating for a couple of days, it's a shame you can't choose your own rations with just a set weight limit
>>
Contender Tier
>Jose
>Larry
>Justin

Out First Tier
>Desmond
>Nicole

Meme Tier
>Larry
>Dave

Underdog Tier
>Mary Kate

I'm thinking 2 of Jose, Justin, or Larry will be the finalists, but one of them will also probably cope out early as a pretender. Mary Kate might also be in the final three. Only one smart enough to bring a tarp into a rain forest.
>>
>>745155
>Only one smart enough to bring a tarp

I might be wrong, but weren't the contestants on s1 given some kind of tarp?
>>
>>745155
>>745165

yep, just checked:
http://www.history.com/shows/alone/articles/full-gear-list-and-prohibited-items

20x20 canvas tarp + 10x10 tarp for protecting camera equipment.
>>
>>745155
I want to see Tracy last just to see how long she can last on just reserves
>>
File: 1447623451135.jpg (16 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447623451135.jpg
16 KB, 320x320
>no guns
>>
File: 1264369061.jpg (52 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1264369061.jpg
52 KB, 500x333
>>745392
>filmed in Canada
>>
who /desmond/ here?
>>
>>745472
kek
>>
>>739383
Never was a big McCauly Culkin fan.
>>
>>741955
>More rations, fewer traps
Because people are expecting to only be there a couple months, like season one. I'd expect season two to last longer.

I was actually going to sign up for season two, but the website said you needed to have "qualifications". I'm not as skilled on paper as I am in the wilderness.
>>
>>745594
>I would and could do it but I just don't have the right certifications
You wouldn't last a night millennial whiner
>>
>Day 1 - 9 people remain.

And they pre-screened these survival experts.
>>
>>745643
Well, it's thirteen episodes now, right?

So it's probably going to be a longer showing this time around.
>>
aaaand the black guy is the first to go.

Kinda cliche.
>>
>>745155
I've got a feeling about Tracy like she might stick it out. Nicole is through by day 7.
>>
>>741879
Make some /out/ references if you get in.
>>
>>739383
I do not watch this. I however, enjoyed greatly one of the last Top Gear episodes, when they left Hammond in American mountains and he was trying to do the stuff they teach in survival books.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ughTG8iVM4

That was hilarious.
>>
In other news, Season 3's gonna take place in Patagonia, South America, that's cool
>>
>>742096

His family helped him win actually. Wifey seemed super loyal (georgia baptist culture) and his kids were old enough that he didn't have to worry about them.

Sam wife's was pregnant and mitch's mom had brain cancer, what the hell were they thinking.

Lucas is lucas, could've stayed but reached his maximum inner joojoo and just left. Respect.
>>
I'm excited to see anything in this season like what Lucas, alan or mitch did last time: actually finding new and better ways to do things, and doing more than just slowly starving to death.

I.e. lucas found clay last time but couldn't fire it? Why didn't he look for more? Surely in the months on the island you could do some extensive exploring, and clay can take additives (sand, crushed leaves, etc) to make it fire better.

Alan's fish trap never worked, that was disappointing. Seems like contestants this season could learn from last and set up all three of the fishing net, baited line, and woven trap to maximize food collection. Hard part is not having them wash out to sea.
>>
And now this season takes an interesting twist.
>>
>>745155
Mary Kate chose a down feather sleeping bag. She is fucked.
>>
I'm kind of rooting for Tracy, but I don't see her winning.
>>
>>746524
Falls into diabetic coma
Wakes up 60 days later, 70lbs lighter, .5mil richer
>>
>>747229
I thought she was a MTF at first.
>>
>>746476
Didn't she also choose a huge frying pan over a pot? That didn't seem to smart either.
>>
>>747229
literal man voice
>>
>>746466
If she lasts more than a month she's gonna get eaten by bears.
>>
>>749431
I wonder if the get air drops, like bear spray, in case they run out.
>>
>>745717
reality mate..
>inb4 gbtPOL
>>
File: 1453402953562.gif (2 MB, 320x193) Image search: [Google]
1453402953562.gif
2 MB, 320x193
>>745049
You're baking a lot on the idea that the boulder is going to immediately incapacitate the bear.
>>
>>739383
>Literally opening with a HP Lovecraft quote.
This season is going full on cosmic horror.
>>
I like the show. I'm quick to sit and judge but I don't think I'd want to live among bear or cats without solid walls and a firearm though. So some of these people have balls.
>>
>>749608
They get a medical once a week. The crew don't want no one dying. Plus camera maintenence, this is standard TV stuff. I find it very hard to believe they wouldn't
>>
>>739791
I think a few of this seasons contestants lack pretty basic survival skills, that black guy and larry roberts strike me as the two people who know the least.

Larry spent 20 minutes fucking around climbing a tree to get damp tinder and that black guy just quit after seeing bear shit
>>
Only saw the personal intros on history's website because show is not already showing in my country but all those people seem retarded as fuck. The season one was based and at least you could see people that you would identify with.
>>
I think there's some behind the scenes stuff they don't tell us. Like when do the batteries get charged for the camera gear? Someone sneaks into camp in the middle of the night? That takes away from being truly alone for a month.
>>
>>746476
yeah WTF? if she had simply googled Vancouver island she would have known about the rain and humidity, i think she will quit once she realizes how fucked her sleeping conditions are going to get with that sleeping bag
>>
>>747230
yeah same, my dad was so confused, even when the camera panned to a close up he couldnt make up his mind
>>
>>749653
yeah true but i think even if it wasnt killed out right you would have bought enough time to decide whether to escape or finish it off with more rocks or thrown spears
>>
Now that one guy dropped his ferro rod in the fire. I think he's next. He keeps whining about food also.
>>
>>752417
Next episode preview shows him fiddling with hand drilled fire.
If he manages, he's still in.
Also this season seems to be much more promising than the last, that air force instructor, the sniper, the spanish guy...
More people seriously finding food and exploring, generally a much better mood with many of them and less winning.
Would love to see someone building a serious shelter like a small hut with a clay oven and chimney, smoking fish an generally making himself comfy. I mean, it's really not that hard if you stay on your spot anyway and catch enough to eat.
Also the first season was like 1 day every episode for the first half, because there was a pussy every day stepping out.
>>
>>752423
Using a fire drill in such a wet place is not going to be easy
Strong girl might be out for talking to the camera and not paying attention to her axe, looks like her hand is going to need stitches.
I think they'll both be going home next week
>>
Mike Lowe surprised me. His intro was not the greatest - the saw he brought looked very mall ninja, but he seems to be on point - found abundance of food, 3 fish right away, looks solid.

Sniper also looks like he can go the distance, and I'm waiting to see Jose and what he can come up with.
>>
>>752423
I just don't think the military guys are going to make it.

Soldier one: Hey man looks like we'll have to go foraging cause we're out of food.

Soldier two: I have a better idea, lets call for an air drop.

Soldier one: Oh yeah, I almost forgot
>>
>>752470
I'm worried about Mike because of how much he talks about missing his waifu and the death of his daughter. He seems pretty knowledgeable but emotional.

I'm imagining Nicole will be the same way. She has a PhD, studies out shit in Africa, but also lost a kid. If they can keep it together mentally I think they could be pretty formidable

still most excited for based Jose though
>>
>>753241
I want to see some from him, have they even showed him yet?
>>
>>753819
Not yet. I wonder if he messed up and didn't film things.
>>
I wonder if Canadian fish and game laws prohibit them from killing and eating a bear?
>>
>>756150
They aren't following the fish and game regulations. I doubt a non-native can set up a gill net legally.
>>
>>756575
It would probably be easy to set a large deadfall trap with some pointy sticks aimed at the back of a funnel.
The bears seen curious as shit and plentiful too. Just lay a dead animal or anything that smells good like that pemican on the funel and drop a spiky log on it, a la vietcong. Not too humane but you can get a bear worth of food and fur out of it. Tanning the skin would be a pain because humidity but you could try.
>>
Anybody know where I can watch last night episode? Streaming sites don't have them yet.
>>
>>757561
I'm just gonna wait until the season ends and torrent the whole thing, like I did with the first one.
>no cable at home
>no satellite at home
>no internet at home
>no worries at home
I do all my torrenting at work (set and forget at beginning of shift, check an hour before shift end), move things from laptop to desktop when I get home.
>>
>>757563
Tbh I prefer watching on week to week basis so I can actually reflect better on what they all do. The first season I finished in 2 days and didn't got a good hold about what they all did.
>>
Based Jose
>I hope to stay here a long time, because I have so many projects to make.

>making a digging stick
>digging roots for threads
>making a fire blower
>wooden spoon
>chopsticks

Maybe they go to his comfy hut after everybody else quit to get him out of there and he'll be like
>go away, I like it here and I'm not finished doing my stuff

also for streaming:
>thewatchseries dot to
>>
>>757642
LOL called it. As soon as I saw him I told my gf that the first thing he was going to do was carve a spoon. Didn't see the fire blower coming. However they did start with the people that quit first and that makes me concerned for him.
>>
>>757561
This is what it's called, or the one I got
Alone.S02E03.The.Beasts.of.Night.HDTV.x264-RBB
>>
When Nicole heard those noises, sounded like apes howling, the first thing I thought about was Les Strauds Bigfoot story. So I guess Les heard horny bears.
>>
>>757642
I'm also on team Jose but he made the comment about mechanical injuries then they show him walking on the log, which for filming means he had to walk it 3 times. Now I'm afraid he'll either get hurt or he'll be one of those "I've made my spoon and proved myself so I'm leaving early"
>>
>>739383
Anyone got any good youtube links?
>>
>>758442
Les stroud heard echoes of himself
>>
>>742036
You called it about the black guy. That was hilarious.
>>
>>742739
Thewatchseries.to
Always click the gorillavid links. If a new tab pops up after that when you click "continue" or try to start the video, immediately close it. All of season 1 and current season 2 are there. Plus shit tons of other shows
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 998x693) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 998x693
>>760277
That guy acted like Al Roler. I could tell right off they chose him for the "omg!! Bears" black stereotype. They didn't chose pic related cause it wouldn't be funny.
>>
>>762841
Yea it's a shame that mediocre survivalists are chosen for these things just for the entertainment and drama. It sets the bar pretty low for people watching. I'm currently rooting for Jose but I think the guy in your pic would have done very well
>>
Everybody ready for episode 4 starting in half an hour.

http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/live-tv/us/history-channel-live-stream

>>763323
Actually I believe
>>
>>764007
>actually I believe that they took some more serious candidates than season 1.
>>
I cant into understanding the presence of the landwhale with male voice besides the production placing her there for the keks. Same with the black guy.
>>
>>764020
They were diversity picks. No doubt there were better candidates but they can't all be white men. Although I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more people quit before the landwhale.
>>
>>764020
The landwhale is doing 'good'. Only mistakes she makes is eating in her sleeping camp. Otherwise she fended off some bear or cougar.
>>
>>764027
>rage monster

And the land whale is out.
>>
>>745155
Revised edition:

Contender Tier
>Jose
>Justin
>Mike

Out First Tier
>Desmond :(

Meme Tier
>David

Good For Laughs Tier
>"Work way too hard" Larry
>"Bear food" Tracy
>Mary "Ironic time to chop my hand off" Kate
>"Can't let that fire die" Randy

Underdog Tier
>Nicole

By far Nicole has been the most surprising. She knows far more about utilizing her surroundings then most of the other contestants, probably only second to Jose, who is going to win unless he decides to leave because he's bored.
>>
>>764020
I'm more surprised they let Jose on the show. The guy is basically on a vacation. I doubt he even has any good video for the tv show to use, probably just a bunch of tutorials on how to build shelters and tools; nothing dramatic or suspenseful. It isn't really fair to the rest of the contestants either.
>>
>>756930
>>756150
There is a season for it, but I'm guessing they are told not to harm the bears unless they are defending themselves. Probably a few other animals they are told to leave alone too. They'd just waste the bear meat anyways. There is no way they'd be able to eat it all quick enough and they have no way to preserve it, besides sinking it to a depth in the ocean where the temp is cool enough. Unless they create themselves enough sea salt, but that would be time consuming.
>>
>>764227
Yeah this is what I'm guessing. Making a good smoking rack and a small shed made of ferns to really dry the meat could work. That would probably be my prerogative even before making the trap. Because of the larger fish like salmon and stuff.
>>
Nice, now it's really starting to shape up. They can't waste screen-time on the diversity picks as only actual contenders remain.
>>
This thing's out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7F3FgBzLc8
>>
>Nicole
>Nature is my healer
>Tinctures
>I hope I shine

During the introduction I couldn't stop eye-rolling about this lady, but god damn she is impressing me somewhat. Shows that brain > brawn when it comes to survival.

Larry is bothering me the most, his attitude is just a constant drag, and the fact that he's clearly in the throws of a mid-life crisis, he just seems weak-minded, defeatist and hard on himself, which is a killer, nice to see him get project oriented and having little victories in E3 though.

Jose is my favorite so far, Spanish peasantry hardiness and Latin optimism.
>>
>>764309
Larry is growing on me and I'm really hoping he can get his spirit back up now. There only way to go is up from here.
>>
Are all Americans this mentally unstable and unresilient?

All these kents except the Spaniard seem to have unresolved emotional turmoil or anxiety about any degree of physical hardship.

Embarrassing...
>>
>>764327
Do you know what reality TV is about? Drama, drama and more drama. They could easily find hardcore people and mentally stable people as Jose as >>762841 but why should they? It doesn't attract any viewers.
>>
>All I need is Barbara

Anyone find it creepy how much this man misses his wife?
>>
>>764331
Pay note that this is a drama-oriented TV-series and that they're evidently cutting the footage to make it seem like so. It's very easy to twist the narrative when they have hoouurs of footage to pick and choose from.

He'll probably have a break-down about it later on so they want to really emphasize the relationship as much as possible before that.
>>
I actually like David. He fucks up a lot but he tries to build a second gillnet. He just keeps on innovating and doing stuff that could help in the longer run. While mike is just building stuff there which are nice extra stuff; but will have minimal help in the long run.
>>
>>764364
meant for >>764221
>>
>>745472
you mean the nignog that didn't last 12 hours?
>>
File: mkcut.png (526 KB, 799x449) Image search: [Google]
mkcut.png
526 KB, 799x449
>>750970
she quit from getting cut
>>
>>764373
RIP in pieces. She was a strong independent woman who did not need any men to help her teach woodcutting.
>>
Jesus, I hope I'd be able to be with myself for a few weeks without all this fuckin' emotional crisis.

Loved ones are such deadweight.
>>
Do you know if any of these guys has a yt channel?
>>
>forced to hold a camera while you do shit
it's like the producers of this show haven't heard of gopro or its various knockoffs
>>
>>764618

aren't they using Gopros? I'm pretty sure they used them in season 1
>>
also, women are fucking stupid.
>>
>>764373
>>764648

Yeah that was unbelievably amateur, but the other lady is no fool, other than attempting an extreme survival situation with MS...
>>
anyone else enjoying Larry's rage outs? he goes apeshit and stomps mother nature at the slightest infractions

>>764648
>splitting twigs with an axe
>prattles on and on about being a stronk independent womyn who wants to raise another generation of single mothers
>nicks herself and completely loses basic medical training skills not 2 seconds later, needs to call men to rescue her
I love it. only time you're permitted to see women on TV in all their incompetent glory

>>764663
she probably has the relapsing remitting form since it's been 15 years, so probably low risk of an exacerbation. cunt needs a reality check if she thinks the tinctures cured it though, other women with more severe forms of MS would probably slap her shit if they met her
>>
>>764221
>Nicole
>"I got angry and I don't like that so goodbye"

You got surprising right.
>>
>>765206
Fuck that's not Nicole I am retard
>>
Last week the woman cut herself with an axe and I kept thinking "what a retard rookie mistake" but did anyone else notice on this episode almost everyone is a retard with sharp things? The one guy was slicing fish with the blade down in his hand and just about everyone used the axe the same way cut lady did.
>>
>>764330
You say this as if we don't already know that.
>>
>>765224
Fatigue and lack of food.
Concentration and reasoning skills go way down after a few days without proper food, so does body control.
>>
>>765227
He's giving his opinion trying to contribute don't be an arse

>>765224
Well these people are chosen exactly because of that. The guy on your webm has not been able to get a fish in a fucking week, which would be fair if it wasn't only him. Even the retard that made that 10 pound """""""""spear""""""""" out of a fucking log managed to get some fish.

As it has being said before in this thread, the amount of emotional bs this guys are filled with tears imo. Also, why don't they show everyone? Last episode they didn't show the guys that lost the ferorod nor the latino guy
>>
>>765239
Poor Larry, I don't know why he made a spear that heavy for both the purposes of 'fighting' and 'catching fish'. It's nice for a tool to have many purposes but I think it would be easier to just make two spears instead.
>>
>>765242
Probably wasn't thinking clearly because of lack of food
>>
Oh yeah, I was rewatching the first episode of Season 2 and one of the quick clips they show at the start has someone being submerged in water, I think it's Jose as well. I think he's going to build a boat and then capsize.
>>
Is season 1 any good? I started watching season 2 because you guys where talking about it and it's pretty enterteining, but should I bother with season 1?
>>
>>765325
Season 1 doesn't have as many good personalities, I only really like about two of the guys and the rest are just gray mush. Season 2 has diversity picks but the rest of the guys are pretty decent. I really like Larry(Funny goof that still tries his best), Justin(Charming guy that makes up for his lack of experience with spirit), Jose(Knowledgeable fella that you just know loves to be out there), Mike(Innovative and hardworking, but I hope he doesn't crash) and David(Him making multiple gillnets could really make way for an easy source of food) already, heck, I can remember their names so that's something.

Season 1 has just Lucas (Really handy and knowledgeable but also depressed and too self-critical) and Alan(The most charming guy in the show so far, absolutely lovable).

Definitely worth watching though, it's what got me in to the whole show in the first place.
>>
>>765413
Nice review. Thanks anon.
>>
>>765413
sam was based
>>
>>765539
Really didn't care for him, could be because most of his footage is just him being inside the tent and moaning. The rain-catch is a pretty good idea though.

Also he kind of looks like a tool, might be a bit mean to say but hey, can't help it.
>>
>>765544
wasn't that the guy eating one whole mouse every other day?
>>
>>765550
Yeah, he was also a top-tier memester and took a bow/arrows with him, proceeded to not hit anything ever.

Went out because his wife was pregnant or something, the usual shit.

At least Lucas was fucking depressed as hell, leaving because you fucked up is fine, like losing the ferro rod early on, but leaving because
>Can't take it muhh family I need them ;(
>Bear pooped in the vicinity I need to get out NOW
is just really shitty. I really respect Lucas more than Sam or the guy that came third, even though he 'only' managed top 4.

Like, fucking hell, don't do this shit if your wife is giving birth or your mother has cancer or you have babby children etc etc. Larry is pretty alright in my books simply because he has none of that shit.
>>
>>765413
I feel the opposite, I couldn't give two shits about half the people in season 2 compared to season 1. Alan, Mitch, Lucas, Joe and Sam were way more entertaining to watch, and for some reason didn't seem as amateurish as practically everyone in season 2 besides Jose (grand total of 2 minutes footage over 5 hours), sniper dude, and Builder Mike. the only other person worth rooting for (just for entertainment) is Rage Against Nature Larry.
>>
>>765566
Aha, but there's a catch here.

The days are going by at a much faster pace than in season 1, season 2 guys are generally made out of sturdier stuff.

Not only that, Season 2 is 13 episodes so it's longer than season 1 as well. It will be great to see how these guys progress, the diversity picks were garbage but the actual diversity of personality in the current people is great.
>>
>>765574
>Season 2 is 13 episodes
ah, I didn't know this. I'm hopeful that we get to see more outdoorsy stuff as the season progresses and more of the deadwood is eliminated.

Another point is that the guys in season 1 seemed more savvy because they didn't have a previous season to rely on. When I see everyone and their mother putting up gill nets in season 2, I think 'well of course you're going to do that, monkey see monkey do.' They have a much better idea of what to expect and which strategies are better or worse. This is also why I'm glad they're using a different location for the next season.

I'm waiting for the weather to really thrash them. Mike's builds are sweet but I don't think they'll survive gale force winds and heavy rain.
>>
>>765592
Yeah, sure, but that's all limited to what best of S1 accomplished = Basic survival for two months. These guys will have to go above and beyond with what they know now, hopefully we'll see some new dimensions as the days go by.

Changing the location is a good idea though, would be nice to see some new locale after two seasons of wet temperate rainforest fish-shenanigans.
>>
>>765554
>i respect the guy without responsibilities who was just a pussy more
>>
>>765609
It's not like that, it's more like
>I respect a person that doesn't go out and do these things when they have responsibilities

Like, fucking hell, don't go out in to the woods when your wife is pregnant, how hard is that to grasp as a concept?
>>
>>765618
he was 1 away from bringing back his family half a million dollars
>>
>>765623
And he didn't know that.

It's not just Sam, many people there moan about muh family and loneliness. I understand that the show guys take these people so they can have that 'drama' angle but it's a bit tiresome, my only real complaint about the show.
>>
>>765626
knuckledhead whose mom was going to die was moronic, but a 22 year old taking a risk for a half a million with with a newborn on the way makes sense
>>
>>765629
It would make sense if he was doing it before the pregnancy, sure.

When he's doing it during it turns from a 'pure'
>I want to secure a happy life for my child
to a mix between that and
>I want to see them and be there
Which is a losing combo.

I mean I'm not saying that he's a retard or that he should've somehow known that it would really affect him later on, but it's just a hassle to watch. He only really boiled down to rat traps and moaning, even though he was fucking number 2.
>>
>>765637
>rat traps
I couldn't stand watching this. all that work for a pizza roll worth of calories? I can't believe some idiot in season 2, KNOWING THIS, still decided to replicate this losing strategy.
>>
>>765649
I'm sure he did stuff on the side but was the only one doing traps as well so they focus on that.

Though I'm just saying this to rationalize that garbage.
>>
File: CUyrbdyU8AARu9l.jpg (37 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
CUyrbdyU8AARu9l.jpg
37 KB, 600x427
Just finished season 1, the last 2 episodes were so immensely depressing I'm beginning to question why I want to watch this show any more at all. I literally wept for Sam, I'm not even kidding, I literally started openly weeping for him.

I was basically just watching two really great guys slowly dying and breaking down mentally, it just left me hollow inside and was barely entertaining at that point.

Did you know Alan gave Sam $50,000 when he found out his situation?
>>
>>765682
>Did you know Alan gave Sam $50,000 when he found out his situation?

That doesn't surprise me at all.
>>
>>765682
Huh, I felt for Lucas more, couldn't give a shit about Sam.

Oh well.
>>
>>765695
Nah I didn't feel for Lucas really, he was just facing the fact that he's not as great as he thought he was...boofucketyhoo.

It was fascinating to watch though, these guys facing who they really are, I'm watching more for the inevitable psychological element than the predictable weekend survivalist antics at this point.
>>
>>765703
He's got some major depression stemming from inferiority, he wants to be as great as his father but is constantly unsure and doubts everything he does, it's quite humane and very easy to relate to.

He hadn't built his character yet, so I hope he manages to move forward after this.
>>
>>765703
>>765714
this show just shows how we are our own worst enemies. Lucas did it all, his quality of life on the island was way better than anyone else, but ultimately he couldn't face himself any longer. Alan was miserable, but ultimately liked himself and was the most comfortable in his own skin. He is an awesome human being.
Watching these people struggle with themselves reminds me of something I read about in a book on Buddhism. Author was talking about a guy that went out to a cabin in the woods just to focus on meditation and writing. He'd been there a few days, and was trying to meditate for ours at a time. He became obsessed with the sound a nearby creek made, became convinced it sounded like a John Philip Sousa song....guy actually waded into the creek and moved the rocks around to make it stop...
>>
sam's wife was qt. i was jealous
>>
>>765749
really? she came across as a complete derp.

i.e. perfect for someone like sam.
>>
>>765820
well it's nebraska
>>
>>765823
good point.

time to travel to nebraska
>>
>>765682
where did you hear this?
>>
>>764717
better yet, she was faffing about on the beach for ten minutes waiting for the rescue team, just staring at her wound instead of elevating it, putting pressure on with a gauze or better yet use some steri-strips or even sutures if you know how.
>>
>>766041
Oh jesus, you're absolutely right.

I just rewatched the scene and she only actually holds a small cloth so it won't fall, but doesn't apply any pressure to it or keep it elevated.
>>
>>766043
She legit just places it on there and does nothing else, like fuck sakes one time my friend cut himself and before he even finished saying "i cut myself" i already dug into my backpack and had the first aid kit out and ready but she gets cut and does nothing about it but debate for 5 minutes whether or not to press the button
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
is it just me or does Nicole have a really weird facial structure?
>>
>>766061
she is a neandtheral in 5%
>>
>>739383
how do you watch this show i can't seem to find it on the bay.
>>
>>766063
Kickass torrents has torrents up on every episode, of course you can always stream it if you're a pleb and don't care about actually looking at the nature.
>>
>>766061
She has native blood.
>>
File: 1462992105001.gif (3 MB, 200x170) Image search: [Google]
1462992105001.gif
3 MB, 200x170
>it seems cool show, lets check it
>after 5 min a guys talks about "im doing it for muh family" and flashback to his family scenes, loving his dog playing with his children, wife etc

Goddamn you fucking Americans and your stupid tv show mentality, no i dont watch his fucking stupid family life scenes.
>>
>>766136
Yeah, it's annoying.

Just skip that shit, it only happens once for each person.
>>
>>766141
no it doesnt, it happens a couple of times at least once per every episode
>>
>>766163
Generally it continues 'till episode 4 and then starts up again at the last episode for that 'climactic touch'.

For example, Episodes 5/6/7 of S1 have 0 flashbacks, at least i didn't notice any when I quickly skipped through them.

There are many flashbacks in an episode when they introduce multiple characters, Like in season 2 they only really showed like four people in episode 1, continuing the trend in episode 2. So it seems like they just show flashbacks after flashbacks because they're introducing new people in set intervals.

At ep 4 and after it really quiets down on that front, luckily season 2 is 13 episodes total so that's a blessing as well.

Just fucking skip them if you don't care, it's not like someone is forcing you to watch that melodrama.
>>
File: Alone_S2_Mike_Lowe_Bio-AB.jpg (66 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
Alone_S2_Mike_Lowe_Bio-AB.jpg
66 KB, 334x250
They didn't even show Carlos in the last episode, I guess he is doing too good. But I've got to admit, Mike is really building up himself a nice spot. I just wonder why he doesn't close off his area more? It's so exposed.
>>
>>766179
Or spend time building useful things that might get him food later on when the weather gets serious.

Did they start earlier in the season this year or are this just getting lucky on weather? Seems warm and sunny all the time.
>>
>>766179
So we all think Juan is going to win?
>>
>>766228
Except the white knights that think any of these women has a chance
>>
>>766228
definitely voting for pedro.

>>766325
literally no one in this thread thinks that. is that what they're saying on leddit?
>>
>>766325
Man, reading all those comments going on and on like:

>Oh I think Tracy is going to win she's strong!!!

How silly, how could you possibly rank her above someone like Julio?
>>
File: 1450522144044.jpg (31 KB, 350x328) Image search: [Google]
1450522144044.jpg
31 KB, 350x328
>>766043
>>766060
She was legit freaking out. The first thing she says is that she can't move her thumb. She probably thought she fucked up the nerve and that would lead to a paralyzed thumb at best. That's a life long nuisance, almost a disability if you can't use one of your thumbs at all. The axe bit deep but not too hard. The soft tissue and veins probably got severed as she was bleeding quite a bit. At that point I would actually be concerned about bears and cats and wolves.
Mfw her bleeding axe wound took her out before I thought it would.
>>
>>766061

is she up for anal tho
>>
>>765690

what situation?
>>
>>766386
yeah m8 just rub some healing tinctures on your dick before you stick it in and you're good to go
>>
>>766342
leddit was rooting for fat landwhale

>me too

I just wanted to see how much weight she would lose. I'm now rooting for the parstor with glasses.
>>
I think it's a legit strategy if you're not regularly obese. If I got selected in the final lineup, I would bulk up and gain 15-20lbs just so I'd have reserves to cannibalize in the field. what's the point of going in lean when you can avoid it? just keep your cardio on point so you don't gas while doing strenuous work during the initial camp setup.

>>766373
I was all smiles during that entire karmic episode. what a stupid cunt kek

the other hilarious bit came right at the beginning, with ma negro who literally got scared away by BEAR POOP ALONE and didn't even see a single fucking live bear inna woods before hitting that emergency button

>'yo if I come across a bear yo I would whoop iz azz, sheeit dat bear is gonna need help, not me! call dat bear a amberlamps it gonna be in mad trouble, ya dig? ha haaaaa, sheeeeeit'
oh Tyrone
>>
>>765682

Jesus fucking christ.
Seeing the last episode and his reaction to winning warmed my heart like nothing else.

This man is really something else.
>>
File: 1354142040920.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1354142040920.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>mfw nicole wins
>>
>>739635
Alan was so happy that his bottle fish traps were working, I loved it
>>
>>766069
man i cant find it on kickass.. can you link just one ep pls bra
>>
>>766907
Search for alone s01 or s02 followed by exx. As in alone s02 e01. Welcome to the internet friend.
>>
>>766679
Never going to surpass Fernando. The guy is a machine.
>>
>>766907
http://www.primewire.ag/tv-2764402-Alone

Choose episode. Choose link that brings you where you want to watch episode.

Geez they should have some entrance exams now if you want to post on 4chan if you can't even torrent/stream properly.
>>
>>766982
Naah, he's not going to make it. The guy said himself he just wants to try a bunch of projects and once he's bored he'll probably crack mentally. Especially during three day storms.
>>
>>766806
AND IN TO THE POT IT GOES
>>
>>766806
I remember seeing him making those and thinking, 'wtf man, what a waste of time'. I was flabbergasted at how successful those traps were.

shame the huge ass basket version never worked though.
>>
anons, i fucking hate what they did in this show, they show absolutely nothing about what the dudes and dudettes are doing 50% of the time they just show footage of their normal life or whining about the past.
the fuck is wrong with murricans?
>>
Jose and Mike look like they're on vacation.

Mike built himself a living room and a kitchen for frak's sake. Assuming they don't get bored, or lonely, they have nothing left to prove.
>>
>>768020
They think that the only way the audience can get attached to competitors is by showcasing their life or something, not just letting them speak for themselves.

At least that shit dies down ~ep 4.

>>768023
Well, I'm not sure how well Mike's little place can deal with storm, and it seems like Jose is going to go for a swim (off a boat, you can check the intro in episode 1 and frame-by-frame see that it's Jose taking a dive), will be interesting to see how he handles that.
>>
Whens episode 5 out?
>>
>>768097
In three days, I think.
Maybe two.
>>
>>766361
>>766342
holy shit i was joking, do people really think anyone other than El rojo del diablo is going to win? Tracy quit because she was scared of herself or something, Lowe might win but the spic has the most chances of winning (though he probably won't want to leave the island after)
>>
File: 1461379385646.png (22 KB, 207x239) Image search: [Google]
1461379385646.png
22 KB, 207x239
Why is everyone on Fernando's dick so much? I don't get it. I'll admit, he seems cool as hell, and I'm looking forward to what he can achieve, but everyone is attesting to how amazing he already is. For what? Capsizing a canoe in the intro, two minutes total of footage showing himself walking across a log and building a native fire dildo?
>>
>>768113
He's the only one that actually seems completely comfortable where he is.
You don't see much footage because "So yeah, everything is set up pretty good, just living life you know" doesn't make particularly dramatic tv. They'd rather show people fucking up or whining about their life, at least for these first few episodes when they've got a ton of that material as the diversity picks drop out.
>>
I wonder whats up with the wolf in the into? It looks like its running up to someone whos holding their camera trying to get away. Isn't that atypical for their behavior? It actually looked kinda kawaii :3
>>
>>768141
Probably a husky or something that the producers filmed for their promo reel.
>>
>>768141
wolves can hassle you if you exhibit skittish behavior. they are even doing it for the heck of it or to see how you react or the worst case is to tie you down until the pack arrives and then you are food. even lions do this shit.
>>
>>741879

If you get in make some references to bodyslamming bears, and how much you hate cairns
>>
>>743238

I saw the interviews at the end and someone said that while they were all still in the hotel before they left, the guy who won was slammin down chocolate bars from the vending machine to pack on as much weight as possible.

Smart guy.
>>
>>768329
>and how much you hate cairns
kek
>>
>>768331
yes exactly.
>>766457
>>
File: alone finalists.png (269 KB, 492x568) Image search: [Google]
alone finalists.png
269 KB, 492x568
http://www.history.com/shows/alone/interactives/alone-solitary-showdown?

prove me wrong
>>
>>768795
i thought about switching mike and jose, but mike is a few weeks away from making a small condominium so he wins
>>
>>768795
>El camino no hablo second
>Not first
Not happening.
>>
>>768113
The guy built a fucking pipe out of a stick just to blow his ambers from a sitting position. Give mcgyvero el stabo two months and he will have a cole mine being worked by some squierrel oompa loompas and within a year an iron boat fleet to retake cuba.
>>
>>768795
>Randy Champagne
Confirmed for white flag
>>
File: fin.jpg (109 KB, 486x730) Image search: [Google]
fin.jpg
109 KB, 486x730
>>768795
unless someone breaks a leg or something drastic happens, I'm thinking these are the general /out/ picks, give or take.
>>
>>768970
>these are the general /out/ picks, give or take.

yeah, depending on who you ask, yo just shuffle around the top 3. IMO the strongest contenders right now are Jose and Mike. And from Mike's commentary on the episodes as they air, he seems like a nice guy.
>>
i think fucking larry will win, his blood is boiling, so he will be able to survive the winter.
>>
>>768993
>Local Electrician hit by a branch - goes berserk, wins show.

I can see it.
>>
Nicole is going to drop out next, she'll hurt her finger and call it.

That's my prediction.
>>
Mike will talk his way out, it will not be down to lack of prowess.

Nicole has a lower health concern threshold than the men, she will start feeling faint and call it.

Miguel will get over-reaching and fuck up badly, but still pull it off.

Larry will ragequit.

I think Justin is a wildcard, we haven't seen much of him yet but I get the sense he has the mental fortitude to carry him far.

David is on a downward spiral of failure and his junk food fantasies will over power him.
>>
i think it would be quite a twist if Nicole won and Jose quit for some silly reason
>>
>>768097
>>768107
It airs on US history channel thursday evening. Comes online for free in at least 9 hours later.
>>
>>768828
>iron boat fleet to retake cuba

mysides

except he comes from spain. Too bad the wild life isn't as much appreciated as in the US
>>
>>769146
Nicole won't win. She can't even get herself some food because she has bears next to her.

She's going to cook it, they're gonna smell it and come right at her.
>>
Is there any game they're explicitly not allowed to hunt?

Whats stopping them from setting snares and pit fall traps and why has no one done it yet?

I'm sick of this show just being Fishing Alone.
>>
>>769236
I think they're fishing because it takes less energy and it isn't as bloody (blood=smell) compared to dressing a deer or other mammal
>>
>>769242
it's an energy expenditure / reward game at one hand and their inability to keep the meat safe and store it without going bad on the other.

it would be insane for a single man to butcher a large game and let 99% of the meat rot by day 2 and lure in large predators.

they could in theory smoke some but in that rainy wet shit of a weather with no real structure i don't think so.
>>
>>769236
>I'm sick of this show just being Fishing Alone.
they said in the intro that the vast majority of the diet of the natives came from the ocean. that should tell you something. it is what works best. it's tough enough to survive alone let alone invent new ways to sustain yourself.
>>
>>768795
nicole is happy as fuck and david is a complete mess. at the very least switch them
>>
File: larry.jpg (217 KB, 662x605) Image search: [Google]
larry.jpg
217 KB, 662x605
>>768993
>>769019
I want him to slip on a rock and go scorched earth on Vancouver Island.

>this region USED to have the highest density of cougars in North America
>>
>>769236
Season 3 is going to south america so no more lonely fishing
>>
>>769236
Fishing is by far the best way to get sustenance in that area. In pretty much any area its possible, in fact. Stationary lines and nets take almost no time or energy after they are set up and can easily provide you with more food that you can actually use.

I do expect the show to stop focusing on it so much as the season progresses though. They're still in the early episodes where most of them haven't gotten their food supply regular and sufficient yet, so its easy to get drama by letting a starving guy talk about how much he misses kfc. In the later episodes the people that can't get their food situation sorted are going to have gone home and the people that are left will be spending most of their time on other things. Mike is already building himself a bunch of convenience stuff, everyone else will either start catching up or going home before long.
>>
>Watch season 1
>24 years old guy is married and has a kid
>22 years old guy also married and his wife is pregnant

What the fuck
>>
>>769876
They found love anon.
>>
>>769876

my guess is - they had sex at some point. You should try it, it's a lot of fun. Especially when you're not alone.
>>
>>769985
No way, fuck off, that's not the reason I'm watching ALONE..!

You can't trick me.
>>
>>769995
Go with what nature wants, go live in Nebraska and build your own home for you family. We believe in you anon.
>>
>>768795
Mike is gonna tap out as soon as it gets cold.
>>
>>770046
No, he's going to miss Barbara too much and have a mental breakdown.
>>
>>770048
>mental breakdown.

Nah you can tell that already happened decades ago,
but it could play into it.
He's got a bad case of codependency, unless he's just faking it for the fuck of it
>>
>>770048
or he is going to start kissing snails and call them barbara then put them on his penis. the crew will call in medical help and they will take him off in restraints.
>>
>>770180
He'll start building a makeshift Barbara out of seaweed and moss and start pillow talking to it like his own Wilson, the crew will think its a joke for a few days until he starts bathing it.
>>
>>770200
>Picturing this man chasing a startled bear around the beach screaming 'COME TO ME BARBARA!' naked and disheveled with moss in his hair and snails flying from his wildly flapping penis while the rescue team try to net him down
>Day 6

My absolute sides.
>>
>>770209
what if the bear likes him?
will the team fight a she-bear to get him back?
>>
The episodes can be found on dailymotion.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ah5fb_alone-s02e04-hungers-grip_tv

>Go team Jose!
>>
Fucking hell. I've sinned you guys. I made a reddit account to talk about this show on reddit because I really like it.

Been shadowbanned by their board. Fucking hell. Fuck you reddit.
>>
>>770496

>Been shadowbanned by their board. Fucking hell. Fuck you reddit.

what did you do?
>>
>>770509
Username had gay in it and called the fatty a landwhale when people where asking what 4chan.

Messaged the mods. One said yeah it's bizarre, we will work on it and the other one said I'm homophobic and they want it to be family friendly.

Said fuck you to her after it was still shadowbanned and made a new account. Not to much of hassle if you ony have 3 boards you follow.
>>
Found a HC livestream. There a lot of ads. Probably a non add version will come online in 9 hours on primewire.

https://www.arconaitv.me/hc/

New episode starts now.
>>
>>770656
thanks
>>
>musclebeach
kek
>>
Randy has a pretty sweet shelter. Plenty of ways to upgrade. I hope he survives the storm.
>>
>>770714
all I could think was that he needs to weatherproof that thing with foliage
>>
did Jose forget that they packed him away with a luggage box full of camera gear? is he still alive? for fuck's sake Jose.
>>
>>770717
True, altough I wonder what foliage would stick on the wood and not fly away midstrom.
>>
>>770721
Calling it now. Mike and Justin are the next to leave because they show so much footage of them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.