[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 22
File: 6_29_12_ice_bath_7.jpg (592 KB, 1600x1143) Image search: [Google]
6_29_12_ice_bath_7.jpg
592 KB, 1600x1143
This might sound like a dumb one, but:

If a National Forest says I can only camp there for 14 days, does the 14 day limit "reset" if I move to another campground in the same National Forest?
>>
>>738921
Rules are really more like guidelines.
But in any case AFAIK yes, the 14 day limit is for a single stationary camp. Mostly to keep people from setting up shanties and just living there. If you break camp and go somewhere else it resets.
>>
>>738921
Yeah, you have to move like a mile and you can camp again
>>
Should I just call the Ranger's office if I want to find out if it's legal for me to carry a firearm (long gun or pistol) while innapark without a permit?

It'd most likely be open carry, obviously
>>
>>738921
Personally, I have a map of many parks in an area and merely move from one park to another as needed. With enough parks and campgrounds within an area you are willing to travel, you can essentially live your entire life car camping.
>>
>>738940
>Should I just call the Ranger's office

Yes. Whenever something is not clear, always ask before doing it. You can save a lot of headache later.
>>
File: 20160416_141632.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160416_141632.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
Was about to make a tread but this may be better.
I been wondering about setting up a ninja garden, this is my term for a bunch of edible plants and trees that can hide in plain sight.
Plants that don't seem edible to the uneducated masses.
What are plants that I should populate this garden with , so far in growing moringa trees, and Taro root plants. Maybe some sweet potatoes, definitely some cactus "nopales"
Pic is moringa trees that I've grown from seed.
>>
Anyone know of a good milsurp mess kit for a bug out bag?
>>
>>740929

Where exactly are you going to set this up? Presumably somewhere where you don't own the land.

>shitting up other people's land with unwanted species
>clap clap clap for the handicapped
>>
>>740960
Yes my land. I don't want shit people walking or riding shit in my land same reason I'll dig in spikes to puncture the tires of the fuckers that keep trespassing.
It's a stealth garden to avoid thefts and provide for me and my family.
>>
>>738940
Sometimes ranger offices have preachy workers, you could also just google the federal/state laws for where you are hiking.
That way you avoid the nonsense.
>>
I dont do drugs very often (once a year excluding alcohol), but this year I want to go hiking to some remote location, set up a campsite, smoke some weed, and hike back.
Does anyone have any advice on how to find such a location? Would I just be better off using some commercial campground and smoking a mile or two from it?
>>
>>741174
If it's a matter of trespassers eating your garden I'd recommend setting up trail cams.

If you are going to practice gardening in the event of a collapse or something looking up forest gardening is a good start.
>>
>>742062
You can do that just about anywhere as long as you're not an ass about it
>>
>>742062

If you do it at any kind of established campground there will be families and old people there that will probably report you. Go find your own place, just scope it out beforehand so you don't fall off a cliff or something while you're high and trying to take a piss.
>>
Anybody have experience with 2-person tents? My concern is that 2 adults and their gear will make it a very tight fit. Should i just go with a 3 person tent? The one im looking at weighs just under 7lbs.

Also, reccommended backpack size for a 5 day hike? Just need a rough estimate or to be pointed in the right direction, thank you.
>>
>>741176
>ranger offices have preachy workers

That then go home and post on a forum
>>
>>742123
Get a two person tent with usable vestibules. Mountainsmith Morrisson 2 for example. Sleeps two adults. Gear under the vestibule. Weighs under 4lbs.

I have a 60L pack. Have done 10 days without resupply. Just in case your wondering is an Osprey Exos 58.
>>
File: receipt_apr_18_2016.jpg (65 KB, 338x631) Image search: [Google]
receipt_apr_18_2016.jpg
65 KB, 338x631
Hi /out/

What are some investments a new camper/prepper should make? I want to start camping again and I also want to begin preparing for natural disasters that might force me out of my home ( tornado, hurricane, earthquake, war ) and am not sure where to start. I also know I won't be able to afford everything right away but I've set aside $500.00 to get the bare minimum; pic related.
>>
File: 1405100.jpg (33 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
1405100.jpg
33 KB, 440x440
>>742123
>backpack size
Anywhere from 50L to 90L+ depending on the season and what you plan to do for those 5 days. Best is to figure out what you want to bring and then go get a pack that fits it all. In general, I like having a pack that's larger than I usually need because it's more versatile. Worst case scenario is you have extra space in your pack and it weighs an extra ounce or two. If you get a pack that just fits all your gear then you are SOL if decide to add more gear for whatever reason in the future.

My main pack is 65L, but for 5 days I would usually only use 50L of that space.
>>
>>742542
Did you seriously buy a $500 Amazon gift card at walgreens?
>>
File: 8561980.jpg (17 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
8561980.jpg
17 KB, 500x327
>>742669
i don't see anything wrong with it. it's a good way to dedicate a budget and walgreens is a good a place as anywhere. not him btw
>>
>>742672
Why not just spend the money directly on Amazon.com?
>>
>>742674
it helps some people to dedicate a certain budget and stick to it, rather than keeping track of multiple purchases over time. plus money has a way of being spent. when you have the $500 for something it's best to find a way to put it aside and dedicate it before the car breaks down or grandma needs a new hip or something
>>
>>742680
Eh, I guess you have a point. I dislike using gift cards just because I always seem to end up with 3-4 cards with less than $5 on them that permanently reside in my wallet and never get used because there's not enough money on them to buy anything outright.
>>
I want a harness for my battle buddy. Just to carry stuff doggy bags, supplies, maybe put some reflect tape on it and a light for night walks.

Any recommended?
>>
>>742726
well looking through your tabs and having a quick looksee i think you should go with the ruffwear brand. only because i think when random campers and hikers buy tactical stuff it's kinda pretend cringe. i suppose at the end of the day it's all about what features you need, but from what you're saying go with the slimer, lighter ruffwear designs imho. plus they aren't intimidating to other people because they don't make pootch look like an israeli paratrooper attack k9
>>
File: receipt_and_card_apr_18_2016.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
receipt_and_card_apr_18_2016.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
>>742669
see pic.
>>742674
Because using a gift-card is safer than using a credit card. Also see >>742672 & >>742680
>>
>>742737
well I take him hunting too. I will only but made in usa if I go with the military stuff. It would be nice to have two handles for lifting him if needed.
>>
Anyone (particularly Australians) experienced with building semi-permanent camps? I enjoy building primitive shelters, but i mostly destroy them when my 2-3 day camping trips end.

I'd like to move towards building longer lasting shelters, but the idea of putting 2 days work into a shelter only to spend the last day putting a lot of effort into tearing it down seems silly. I figure if i get far enough away from hiking tracks i can probably find or make a clearing and put together some more stable mudbrick buildings and just store supplies for future building endeavors / expansions.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this on public land / what their experiences are, not really in the mood to hunt, but i can only build so many palm frond thatched lean-tos before getting bored.

Or just post any bushcraft shelters you've made / like the look of.
>>
Any good advice on finding a first tent? Ideally I'd like milsurp ( cheap and durable ) but am open to other ideas.
>>
>>743087
Mate I'm Australian and am terrified of the outdoors due to fucking spiders, I know sounds stupid, but the venomous lttle cunts are all around QLD

They're also fucking scary. How do you react when you walk through trees and you walk through a web with a fucking huge wolf spider chilling on you

Not afraid of snakes, just spiders
>>
>>743187
It be helpfull if you'd state your activity and where you from. And your budget.
>>
>>742542
>red baron pizzas
Get your diet on point before you start blowing money on gear you think will make you a prepper.
>>
>>743206
I won't state where I'm from but most of my camping is likely to be done in the mid-western U.S. and I do intend to camp all four seasons. Don't worry about budget but I would like to spend as little as possible.
>>
How do you guys feel about SOG backpacks?
>>
>>742062
>>742113

the fuck

you're a grown ass man. You have the mental faculties required to figure how to smoke weed pretty much wherever without getting caught.
>>
File: Surge.jpg (369 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
Surge.jpg
369 KB, 1024x684
I'm interested in getting a kydex holster for my Leatherman Surge which I'll be using for a maritime job. Any recommendations or info on kydex's durability in a marine environment would be helpful. The only worry I have is exposure to salty air and seawater.
>>
Some of you guys might hate me for this question, but:

How do I make my Mora "ready" to be struck with a piece of flint to make sparks? I have a nicely sized flint core I was able to get a couple shards of flint from. The shards have okay-seeming edges but when I strike them on the spine of my blade, I dont get sparks like I did when I hit the core with a hammer. I know the blade is carbon steel, too.
>>
>>738940
Federal law changed awhile back so if it is legal in the state and county you can do it on federal land
>>
File: image_80.jpg (73 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image_80.jpg
73 KB, 750x1334
>>743734
Neat-o
>>
>>743689

Don't use your knife for that. You can use your knife on a firesteel, but for natural flint you need one of those dedicated 'belt buckle' style strikers.
>>
>>742062
>walking a mile to smoke weed
Walk maybe 100m at most. How old are you? Have you never smoked marijuana before?
>>
>>740950
The German/Austrian one is great
>>
>>743191
> but the venomous lttle cunts are all around QLD

You in SEQ? There's practically no venomous spiders in QLD rainforest / daintree where i'm fixing to go. But yeah, loads of funnel webs of all sorts close to NSW border.

But i've been camping since i was 12, never encountered a spider in a dangerous way. Still carry relevant anti-venoms if i'm near some real cunts, but honestly you got buckleys chance of getting hit by something too fierce unless you're a complete fuckwit.
>>
>>744040
>>743191

'nother Ausfag here.

Any recommendations for /out/ places around Bris? I'm getting mighty sick of going to D'Aguilar.
>>
>>738921
You have to move at least five miles away from your previous camp in order to stay another 16 days in USNF land. There is no specification of how long you have to be gone before you return to a previous location, though.

>>741174
I hope someone gets tetanus from one of you spikes and sues you.

It's one thing if someone is stealing from you but if you really have a problem with someone just passing through, you're an asshole.
>>
>>742062
Tents fall under the classification of temporary residence in the US, and are protected from search under the fourth amendment. Smoke in your tent.

If you're in a more liberal state such as Oregon, Washington or Colorado, even better, because while smoking weed in a national forest is not legal, the more recent law stating that smoking inside a private residence is, supersedes it (assuming you're over 21).
>>
>>744164
>Tents fall under the classification of temporary residence in the US, and are protected from search under the fourth amendment. Smoke in your tent.

I'm learning all sorts of new shit ITT, wow
>>
File: img-thing.png (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54 KB, 300x300
>>744164
>Tents fall under the classification of temporary residence
what about hammocks
>>
>>744158

It's his private property, mang. He can do whatever the fuck he wants. If other people are trespassing then whatever happens to them is their own damn fault.
>>
File: pUGGIXt.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1875) Image search: [Google]
pUGGIXt.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1875
Hi guys, i'm visiting NY in may for 2 weeks, and after a couple days I'll probably want to leave the city, rent a car and go do some /out/ stuff.
I'm coming from an urban part of Europe where there's practically no nature, and I don't even have a car here so I'm inexperienced.
What are some nice places to go or things to do, preferably less than 8h drive from NYC?

I'd also like to visit an outdoor gun range and shoot some stuff, how do I find this? If anyone want to meet I'm up for that too, I'm 28/m.
>>
>>738921
that dog is alive, right?
>>
>>746302
no
>>
>>743689
You need to scrape the patina off first. It's actually the knife that's throwing sparks, not the flint, so the steel needs to be exposed so it can be flaked off. Carbon steel is also much more difficult to throw sparks from than ferrocerium, so it's helpful to put your tinder on the stones edge, brace the knife by pushing the point into a log, and then scraping the stone edge towards you while holding the knife in place. This will damage your knife over time of course, but with a high carbon blade like a Mora, it'll rust long before you scrape the spine to any noticeable degree.
>>
>>744879
According to US law, injuries are the fault and responsibility of the land owner. In the case of intentionally placed spikes, he'd also be liable for assault, in addition to the personal injury claim.
>>
>>744181
drape a tarp over call it a tent
>>
>>743219
this.
You are eating garbage.
>>
>>746310

>According to US law

[citation needed]
>>
>>747225
>[citation needed]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

He's wrong about accidents to trespassers (but there are exceptions) but right about man-traps.
>>
>>747265

>Supreme court of Iowa
>State law
>>
>>742062
Recommend just making edibles and taking them with you. Discreet and more food weight that you can cut down on if you need to.
>>
>>744158
Wow buddy, my spikes are on ditches in between fences. If a fuckers is tearing up my fence to go off road tearing up my shit and compacting the land I worked on I'll call the ambulance when they get impaled. They are wooden too.
There are public roads so that you don't need to open a fenced area that does not belong to you in order to shave some time off your trip. Quit trespassing on other people's property
>>
>>748675
Otsego also more of a palisade made of clearing some of my property rather t g an a solo spike.
>>
File: IMAG0348.jpg (3 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0348.jpg
3 MB, 1520x2688
Does anyone have any tips + pointers for taking dogs /out/? I just got a puppy today and he's 7weeks old, but I want to get him used to going out on the trails (desert).

Is 7wks too young to take your puppers on a little day hike?
>>
>>749192
I usually take dogs out with a .308 depending on how far they are.
>>
>>749192

I have an inside pupper, but I would say that the fundamentals are to remember food and especially hydration for your dog, don't expect him to get very far, especially if he's not leash trained yet and put him on a leash for his own safety, so he doesn't go wandering off and you can pull him away if he gets too close to anything nasty.

Awesome little pupper, by the way
>>
>>749192

Oh, and also I would say keep him reasonably close for now but you can extend the leash as he gets older and more experienced and you can train him to be aware of what is an acceptable distance to roam.
>>
>>749192
If he can walk he can hike, take frequent breaks though.

>>749287
>>inside pupper

Do you hate your dog?
>>
>>749306

He's a small guy, and he's a rescue dog. I walk him at the local park erry day for at least an hour. At home he chooses to spend time inside rather than in the back yard. Don't see what your problem is.
>>
>>749311
If he plays at the park I have no problem, when you said inside dog I took it to mean exclusively, which seemed a bit cruel. Sorry for being grumpy, rock on little indoor pup.
>>
>>749316
>I have no problem

Well thank you for blessing us with your judgement.

We have a large dog park at the end of our street, so yeah we go there every day. You would have to be an arsehole to keep a dog inside exclusively. But obviously I meant it in the common sense that he just likes to spend more time indoors than out.
>>
>>745810
Hey bud, it's probably too late but I live upstate a bit, just about an hour north of the city. There's a sizeable stretch of the Appalachian trail that goes through NY if you want to do some hiking. There are a lot of hiking trails around here, but I'd have to say the Appalachian trail is probably your best bet, with local spots being really common and very scenic. You might want to check around Putnam and Dutchess county hiking on google, along with Mount Beacon, which is a very beautiful view.

As for ranges, there's no real places at least outside the city that rent out guns for ranges, most of them are private ranges that require membership.
>>
I'll be backpacking in the Appalachains. What should I put in a custom first aid kit?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (72 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
72 KB, 500x200
>>749362

Rape prevention kit
>>
>>749362

>>748352
>>
Does anyone here use ponchos for rainy weather? I figure one important benefit is that it keeps all of your gear relatively dry, assuming your backpack is underneath it, however it's probably a bit difficult to regulate your body temperature because it doesn't let much heat out and thus you'll sweat easily. What would you recommend? Poncho or waterproof jacket?
>>
>>749192
don't let his little pupper paws get too hot or torn up till he's got tough dog calluses. Also, not sure if fleas are a thing in the desert, but keep up on any kinds of meds.
>>
Hey /out/, I was wondering if you guys could recommend a solid pack for me. I'm going off to college along the AT and want something that'll be good for days at a time (3-5), and preferably in an olive green color. Should I get an ALICE, or is there something better? Thanks!
>>
>>747274
It's the same in most jurisdictions. Probably based on common law duty to trespassers.
>>
>>749698
How do I know when he's got calluses on his pads? Just by feel?
>>
is it okay for grills to go /out/ alone?
>>
>>750119
No, leaving grills unattended outdoors can cause forest/brush fires.
>>
>>749335
not too late, still one week before i leave. Thanks for the reply!
>>
>>743221
Backpacking or car camping, alone or with a "friend"?
>>
I want to grow most of the vegetables and fruits I eat myself, but how do I do that when they go bad so fast after harvest, and even if I don't harvest them the window where they are edible isn't that large.

Will freezing them make them lose some/a lot of nutrients? And even when frozen it looks like that only lasts for 6-8 months.
>>
File: Crusade.jpg (116 KB, 960x622) Image search: [Google]
Crusade.jpg
116 KB, 960x622
Hey, can anyone recommend a pack for me? I need it to be as big as possible to accommodate a lot of stuff (rifle plates, 6 months worth of shit, etc etc) and as cheap as possible as I'm a little strapped for cash (as I'm also going to be buying rifle plates, 6 months worth of shit etc etc)

Been looking at Berghaus a bit and the Italian army one, any thoughts? I'm not very /out/ so I don't really know what to look for, I really need it to get on a plane too... not sure how this is all going to work...
http://armyworld.pl/product-eng-5709-Tactical-Backpack-BERGHAUS-CRUSADER-90-20-110-Liters-New.html
http://armyworld.pl/product-eng-5708-Tactical-Backpack-BERGHAUS-ATLAS-With-Set-Of-Pockets-New.html
http://armyworld.pl/product-eng-5358-Italian-Military-Backpack-Vegetato-Original-Demobil-.html

>pic somewhat related
>>
>>752686

Let me guess, your flight is heading to Damascus...
>>
>>753124

Yeah close enough, why not
>>
>>753282

Story tiem
>>
File: 1430692329385.jpg (1001 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1430692329385.jpg
1001 KB, 2048x1536
>>753283
I'm with a group of /k/ommandos and we're kitting up to join the YPG.

Not a lot to it I'm afraid (yet...)
>>
>>743441
Kydex will hold those conditions much better than the multitool itself.
>>
so I am sort of running away from my problems a bit (i know that its a bad idea) and ill be walking across my country and in parts of others, I guess if you guys have any heads up for walking longer distance 6x a wekk?
>>
>>753320
How are you managing to that? Im interested...
>>
>>752686
>>753320
Just b urself
>>
File: exkursion.jpg (73 KB, 1880x226) Image search: [Google]
exkursion.jpg
73 KB, 1880x226
>>753519
We exchange emails about various pieces of kit, news, Kurdish or tactical resources etc, occasionally set up a chat under some pretense to discuss a specific topic but usually just end up spewing memes at each other and chatting shit, it's good fun desu.
Can't give out too many deets, but pretty much as soon as the Lions of Rojava say they can start smuggling people across the boarder again, we'll ship off.

>>753638
thx bby1!!
>>
>>753667

Wow hope you have military experience to fall back on
>>
File: Laughing_Kurds.jpg (61 KB, 600x389) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Kurds.jpg
61 KB, 600x389
>>753962
HAHAHAHA

nope.
>>
>>754117

Wow you're a smart guy. What the fuck do you think you're actually gonna achieve over there? It's not one of your airsoft games, son.
>>
>>744164
Doing drugs on NF can make you a felon no matter what state you are in.

Just because you have a 4th amendment doesn't mean much, and the smell of pot smoke is probable cause anyhoo

This is coming from a huge stoner. So, still blaze! Just be careful, and have situational awareness! Don't assume you have rights. Cause in the moment, you dont.
>>
>>754130
>What the fuck do you think you're actually gonna achieve over there?
Be another pair of hands to help.

It's all too easy to say "Oh gosh isn't that terrible" and then carrying on ones daily life, I'd like to do what I can to help those living a much shittier life than they aught to be. I'm currently learning as much emergency medical care as possible from a number of sources as from what I've learnt when following the war that's what they're primarily missing out on.
I'm not trying to fulfill a COD like super soldier fantasy. I'm not expecting this to be fun.

Anyhoo, this is all very good and well but can anyone help with the original question?
>>
>>752686
eberlystock- skycrane.
>>
Gonna do a multiday trip on part of the AT sometime soon.
Probably 3-5 days, never done anything like this before.
Would it be possible to scrape by with a 20L bag (tactical tailor ROP)? I'd have a 3L bladder on the exterior, and a small "bread bag" I could carry as well.
Spose I'd have to go UL as fuck, but would it be possible? (probably gonna buy a poorfag bivy)
>>
>>754292
cant believe someone from /k/ is finally following through.
>>
>>754818
Most people who sign up to fight for foreigners aren't stupid enough to talk about it.
>>
>>754292

If that's the case, then why the gun pic?

To answer your question I'd say any of the packs you listed would do. At the end of the day I'd say that as long as you get something that all your gear comfortably fits in, then you won't find too many problems. Just get one that has a large main compartment with no internal divisions, and a padded waist strap to spread the load. Because frankly the people over there are probably making do with just stuffing things into civillian duffel bags, or surplus gunny sacks.
>>
>>754292

What's the US' stance on people doing that? The Aus gov't is cracking down on that shit, talking about removing Aus citizenship for dual nationals who go over there to fight, and imprisoning Aussies when they get back.
>>
>>743441
Typically divers' knives iirc use kydex sheathes. I think that the sheath should be fine. >>753341
is right I think.
>>
>>742741
Can we see the back of the card with the grey area scratched off?
>>
>>754315
Ooft! Lovely pack but waayyy out my price range!

>>754818
There have been a few actually
>>754912
The pic is from another kommando who went a year or two ago, dubbed "CanadaBro" lanky ginger guy. the carving says "This machine removes kebab"
Thanks for the feedback!

>>754913
They're ok with it, FBI occasionally pulls a guy to one side, advises them against it and gives them a helpful leaflet on what to do in an emergency and who to contact etc. They even delayed this guy's flight just for him so he wouldn't miss it while they had a chat
>>
File: iWKad22.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22.jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
>>740929
>>
>>754817
s-someone?
>>
>>755050

For my money, 20l is far too small. No matter how short the time period you're going for, there's still a core amount of gear you need if you're staying out there. There's a limit to scalability. I'd say 35 would be about the minimum. Not sure what you mean by 'bread bag' though.
>>
>>755053
a lot would be strapped to the outside (tent, foam roll, hydro bladder).
most things would be minimal as possible.
Also sorry, it's a gasmask bag, but yea.
http://www.keepshooting.com/finnish-gas-mask-bag.html what I got layin around.
Might just borrow my friends spare pack.
>>
>>755065

Yeah, I'd say borrow your mate's pack. Even then I would strongly suggest going for an overnighter with the gear you intend to use just to make sure that you have everything you need. Don't forget spare clothes.
>>
So Quechua tents look real nice. I noticed on their site they list a few at 59GBP, but the few us sellers charge more than $120 for the same thing. What gives? That ain't the exchange rate.
>>
>>755093
Ain't really got the time to do an over nighter between now and then, sadly.

But yea thanks, m8.
>>
>>755093
>>755165
Looks like his bag is 60L or something...isn't that a bit large?
>>
>>755332

>looks like

what bag? No pic has been posted
>>
File: 51C+pQvaCML._SX355_.jpg (22 KB, 355x354) Image search: [Google]
51C+pQvaCML._SX355_.jpg
22 KB, 355x354
>>755541
oh sorry!
It's a creeper bag?
He said it works pretty well.
>>
>>755591

Oh sorry I thought you were another anon.

Yeah, use that. It may be overkill for a short trip but you don't have to fill it up with gear. If you're struggling to stuff things into a pack that's too small then the whole thing becomes a nightmare, but I can guarantee you it's never a problem to have extra space in your pack.
>>
>>755595
Alright, thanks for the help guys.
Wish I could afford an Eberlestock Halftrack or Little Brother so I could bring my TT pack well.
>>
File: hot_outdoors_10.jpg (100 KB, 700x477) Image search: [Google]
hot_outdoors_10.jpg
100 KB, 700x477
Hey family, can you help me find a pack?

I'm looking for:
50L or greater
Molle preferred
NOT cammo (preferably plain OD)

It's for going innawoods but also for general travel. I'm looking for something <$150 Australian Dollarydoos and preferably something that I can pick up in a shop instead of waiting for shipping (or at the very least shipping within Australia, not from overseas).

The reason that I'm posting this is because I've googled my anus off but I can't find anything that meets the cost and locality requirements and I'd really like to upgrade to something with a reasonable price but not completely shit.

Thanks in advance mateys
>>
>>756760

Pic related is an example of the kind of thing I'm looking for (It's >$300 here on criminal island though, so too expensive).
>>
File: karrimor_sf.jpg (115 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
karrimor_sf.jpg
115 KB, 600x600
>>756760
>>756769

Apologies, forgot the pic
>>
What's a good hat to wear /out/? Weather is often hot and humid. The terrain I'll be in is heavily forested, I'll be following deer trails and shit.

Also, what's a good way to carry enough gear for an afternoon hike that isn't a backpack? I don't want to take a fuckhuge pack for a few hours of gear. I've just been tying cloth bags to my belt.
>>
>>756769
>>756770
Mate just get it on ebay, you can get it for just under $200dollarydoos with free shipping from the UK in multiple colours.
>>
>>756904

Still too expensive and I don't want to have to wait a month for it, I'm going /out fairly soon and my old bag has a big tear in it
>>
>>738921
>>738940
Holy shit americans talking about camping on public land and carrying firearms and I'm sitting here jealously in front of my computer and aren't even allowed to own a firearm without expensive courses and a test and you can't even make a fire on public land. Germany YES! We must certainly INCREASE our population density.
>>
>>756922
Go to your local camping store and get something cheap and unknown then.

BCF, Rays outdoors, Anaconda, whatever other local stores you have in your local area. All 3 I listed have large packs for $100 or less.
>>
>>757116

Have a read of the post and then have a think about why I haven't already done that.
>>
>>757363
Because you're an idiot?

I was in these stores just days ago. There are plain coloured, molle covered, 50+ litre backpacks for $100-200 available.

You won't get the same quality from some generic brand that you will feom somewhere like Karrimor, either pay the price for the quality item or buy the cheap junk and whine about it later when it falls apart.

Also go into those stores I lidted if you have them locally, they have stuff in store that isn't on the websites.
>>
>>743219
What is so bad about red baron? It's high salt but they are pretty cheap meals for 2. Me and my roommate split a few each morning month.
>>
>>743441
Kydex is fine for marine air. But i fucking hate kydex. It will crack. It will break. Kydex is shit. I broke 3 kydex sheaths over 3 years in the military and not a single one that was nylon.

I don't know if there is some super secret type of kydex that us sappers never got issued. But every one of them i ever got was shit.

And there is litterally no need for a kydex sheath for a leatherman.
>>
>>757566

No, because you're a faggot.

I've already been there, and no they don't, otherwise I'd already have one, n'est-ce pas?
>>
>>757728
Either pay the Australia tax and buy something you know is high quality or buy something locally that you don't really know the quality of. You won't find aomething like a Karrimor locally for less than $250.

http://m.bcf.com.au/Product/Caribee-Daypack-Ops-Black/351682?menuFrom=20401

Caribee have been around a while, it meets your requirements other than colour but you don't want camo either.

Again, you won't get high end gear for a decent price here.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.