[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post Your Moral Patches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 23
File: 1460581680095.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1460581680095.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
I'm curious what /out/ have and carry.
>>
>moral patches

I prefer ethical patches.
>>
>>738062
>ethical patches.
I prefer libertine patches
>>
>>738156
Oo la la
>>
>>738056
Do you actually wear autistic patches in public?
>>
>>738172
I have my "/k/ magical place" patch on my range bag.
>>
File: miner's track.jpg (289 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
miner's track.jpg
289 KB, 2048x1152
>>738056
posted before but hey.....
>>
>>738998
What's up with the cane?

What area? It's beautiful
>>
>>738998

>actually sticking a patch on a backpack and going outside

what are you some kind of weirdo?
>>
>>738998
I had that patch

[spoiler]But I lost it[/spoiler]
>>
>>739123
Whats the problem? He has a sweet backpack and the patch enhances it.

Befor the patch the backpack was like a mild aphrodesiac, after the patch the backpack is a literal extension of his throbbing 9" manhood
>>
>>739128
Oh nos.. That patch stayed /out/
>>
>>738998

Snowdon?
>>
What is this gay shit? sage
>>
File: 17082015.jpg (327 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
17082015.jpg
327 KB, 2048x1152
>>739006
I had an accident some years back and now have some 'entertaining' spinal/nerve damage as a result. The cane I need to get around with on a daily basis, I'm slow as fuck getting around these days ad struggle witha lot of things but am learning I can still do /out/ on a small scale with a bit of planning.

>>739123
Yup, one of the weirdest you're ever likely to meet. Y'know I like go /out/ and do stuff. To me this is no different than going out wearing a team sports top, actually it's a fuckton better as it's understated.

>>739128
Gutted! This is one of the SplatCat 50 too ;)

>>739133
Well, I wouldn't quite go that far.... but cheers

>>739657
>>739006

It is indeed on the Miner's track on the way up towards Snowdon, taken on the bend by Llyn Teryn, you can just about make out Cnicht on the left beyond the side of the ridge of Y Lliwedd

>>739735
Bumping, just because I love folk like you so much

>pic related, (but again posted before) 'that patch' /out/....
>>
>>741095
Where's that you're camping at m8? I'm dipping into wildcamping around when it gets warmer.
>>
>>741347

Isle of Anglesey, it's just a spot about a mile up the coast from where I live, pretty much on the other side of the bay really. As I mentioned it's mainly small time stuff for me now, it would be irresponsible for me to go much further alone. It takes me fuckton of medication to keep me at a functional level and even covering a mile with a pack on takes me well over an hour. This spot is far enough that I'm able enjoy the solitude and sound of the sea, do a bit of fishing, relax and enjoy the sunrise in the morning, but near enough that my wife knows where I've set up for the night.
>>
This glorious thing
>>
the only patch i have is eczema :[

oh and when i was a kid my eyes were asymmetric so i had to wear a medical patch over one eye so the other one would get exercise but my parents were too cheap so they had me wear a plastic eyepatch from a pirate halloween costume. so there's that as well :c
>>
>>743353
I also have this. on my camp jacket. No one's called me on it yet. I assume people think it's the brand of the jacket. I also have the PVC one and one of the circle patches from the first patch run. The PVC ones are actually really nice.
>>
File: IMG_3444.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3444.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This is my collection so far, minus the Bawnjourno patch from VLMS which is currently travelling China with my friend. I'm more interested in offending people or making them laugh than displaying a "traditional" morale patch.

Canadian flag is on a GoRuck Kit Bag
Jason Bateman face is on my Condor softshell
Jason Bateman business card is on my Tasmanian Tiger day/FA bag
Aloha Snackbar floats around.
>>
>>743746
>Jason Bateman
It's right there on the pic,anon...
>>
>>743891
Sorry, I always get Jason and Patrick confused for some reason. Pardon my retardation.
>>
>>738056

It's spelled 'morale', nigger.
>>
>>738056

Most patchfags come across like 12 year old girls who've covered their laptops in pony stickers.

I've just got my country's flag so people don't confuse me for a Murrican while I'm travelling.
>>
File: 2016-01-09 13.23.07-1.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1021) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09 13.23.07-1.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1021
>>738056
This is the one I use the most often
>>
>>744907
Getting butthurt by simple spelling mistake/autocorrelation, acting like a bitch who was just ass raped by a convict in prison.

No anon, you're the nigger for wasting effort on a simple and frivolous thing.
>>
File: Morel patch.jpg (2 MB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
Morel patch.jpg
2 MB, 2288x1712
>>738056
REPORTING IN WITH MY MOREL PATCH, SIR!
>>
File: Last-Trolled.gif (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
Last-Trolled.gif
4 KB, 125x125
>>744990
The proper non-ironic response is to not reply.
>>
>>744907
It's spelt 'spelt'', nigger
>>
File: 34089358.jpg (64 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
34089358.jpg
64 KB, 400x400
>>744907
>>744990
>>744998
can we just agree that everybody is as much a nigger here as everybody else
>>
>>744909
Let me guess, Canadian? As a fellow syrup I find that to be an obnoxious practice.
>>
>>745112
most travelers with Canaderian flag anything are American. We've long ago discovered the world treats us better that way, All I need to do is drop a trailing eh and life is grand.
>>
>>745116
Honestly Ive never encountered that problem, most of my traveling was in south America but people always treated me well even when they thought I was American. In my experience people everywhere just treat other people as people, if you behave well, they'll treat you well.
>>
>>738056
> I read that as drosavokh
>>
>>738998
is that an aegishjalmur or a vegvisir I see? I have a aegishjalmur tattoo on my elbow
>>
>>745351
>Vegvísir

Given the nature of /out/ activities, my issues and the way the weather is here in Wales a lot of the time, it seemed appropriate.

You're the first to recognise it though ;)
>>
>>744998
GTFO britbong
>>
>>745364
>butthurt retard amierfat
>>
File: dr feel.jpg (17 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
dr feel.jpg
17 KB, 300x305
>>744990
>>
>>745112

No, strayan. What is it that you find obnoxious, morale patches or country flags? I think you're a bit sensitive if you think it's obnoxious to identify what country you're from.
>>
>>745152

I've had some interesting experiences with this. I've been places where people ask if I'm American, then when I tell them I'm Australian they really perk up and get chatty, act nice etc. Then at other times I've travelled with Americans and let them do the talking, or I've said yes I'm American and they do treat you very differently. How differently varies, and it's not all the time, but there is a difference. Most obvious thing is that they talk down to you and become very 'fake'. The American people I've talked to about this don't recognise it but I think it's just because they're so immersed in it they can't see it, as such.
>>
>>745359
tfw when nobody knows shit about nordic paganism and its like a sekrit club :)
>>
>>745560

They also charge you more for shit.
>>
>>743353
where the heck do you get one of those?
>>
File: 20160422_183110.jpg (626 KB, 1196x2125) Image search: [Google]
20160422_183110.jpg
626 KB, 1196x2125
>>745645
my wall
>>
Gonna be buying this patch next paycheck.
>>
I have the round guy one but it and I like it but it stays in a drawer, I don't like them on backpacks and shit, it's cringey as fuck.
>>
>>745297
This hahaha
>>
File: absolutely clintsgusting.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
absolutely clintsgusting.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>746185

>warhammer
>'inspirational' quote
>boaty mcboatface meme pic
>wifi details
>>
>>745645
http://outdoorpatches.tictail.com/products
http://outdoorpatches.tictail.com/products
enjoy, they're pretty cheap if you don't have to get them shipped outside the US
>>
>>747379
Those Commiefornia patches are actually pretty nice looking. the shield one needs some green though.
>>
File: IMG_20160424_204448842.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160424_204448842.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
Got a few more, but they are ona few of my packs and jackets

We need a Maine patch which I might draw up and post to /patch/ general and we need a /fishing/ patch
>>
>>738998
>Vegvisir
good man
>>
File: not sure.jpg (4 KB, 127x95) Image search: [Google]
not sure.jpg
4 KB, 127x95
>>747241

>warhammer

Ticket stub from Warhammer World in Nottingham, it's one of my /in/ hobbies

>'inspirational' quote

A credit card sized sappy quote thing my wife bought me about 15 years ago when we were still teenagers.

>boaty mcboatface meme pic

The last ship I sailed on deep sea as an engineer before switching to coastal ferries and subsequent retirement (worst mistake I ever made) MV Jo Sycamore

>wifi details

All you can see is the name of my ISP, so I'd hardly call that details
>>
>>748408

>warhammer exhibition
>wife
>adult

nope
>>
File: gull.jpg (116 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
gull.jpg
116 KB, 620x387
>>748413

well, without posting personal info....

but yeah, I'm a 33 year old retired (read: disabled due to accident) marine engineer. I've been with my wife since I was 18 (met her as a student) and been married 3 years. Decided not to get into the rat race that is kids, so we have all the time and money we need for daft hobbies like Warhammer and sticking random stuff on my wall in my case and crafts and baking in my wife's. I post on here fairly often so you might recognise the life I describe from other threads.
>>
>>748013
>>746185
>>738056
Please don't tell me you faggots actually wear these
>>
>>748426

Feel sorry for you dude, if that's true. But you're so disabled that you've taken up warcraft as a hobby, but you're still fit enough to go /out?
>>
>>745555
Nice quads,

The Australian flag is pretty badass, I would definitely have a patch of that on my backpack too
>>
>>748499

Nah it's like 1/4 the british flag and then some stars. I reckon we need a redesign, with the anthem as well, like Canada did a while back. It comes up every few years but the baby boomers fuckin knock it down every time.
>>
>>748466

What to you wear? North Face stitched all over you gear, or going out in team sports wear- how is this different?

>>748492

It's bad but getting better. I'm relearning a lot of stuff, adjusting the scope of what I can and can't do and coming out of a nasty mental health pit I dropped into about 5 years ago when the accident happened. I'm >>741095 >>738998 this guy from further up the thread. I get to do some /out/ on a reduced level with a lot of planning, a boatload of medication and pigheaded determination. If I go out for a day hike now, I'll barely cover 3 miles, it will take me all day, and I'll spend nigh on a week getting over it, but life has now got to the point where I'll call that even trade for being able to do it. Go back 3 years and I wouldn't have managed 1/4 of that distance so it's slow going but progress.

Hence spending a lot of the time on warcrack when I'm /in/
>>
File: k7small.jpg (500 KB, 2366x1563) Image search: [Google]
k7small.jpg
500 KB, 2366x1563
>>748466
I only rock one at a time, and it has to be subtle.
>>
>>748509
>What to you wear?
None. Faggot.
>>
>>748564
You wear nothing, no branded, no logos or insignia of any kind- gear all home made? Who the fuck are you Grizzly Adams wearing nought but freshly cured animal hides?

You might be calling this guy >>748509 a faggot but you clearly butthurt over something patch related- did you not get one of the special 1.0 round guy patches or something?

Why don't you like them? Explain so we might better understand.
>>
>>745560
I think that's pretty messed up, think about it America/Americans always get critized for being bigots or culturaly closed minded. So what is the response, people treat Americans in they way they critize them for. How hypocritical is that.
>>
>>748579
Being militant about trying to avoid displaying brands is one thing, but wearing great and 'idividualized' patches or patches to compensate your wanting to belong to a group is a sad thing imho. Do you also have your nation's flag stitched on your pack? I get that some Americans get advised to stitch a Canadian flag on their backpack when they travel Morocco or the Middle East or Russia, but why would you want to wear any in the first place if you don't need to?
Is it you guys like to pretend you are an army or something? Do you have bumper stickers as well? Explain, so I might better understand.
>>
>>748581
I can't blame them. If they know Americans from tourism and from their television, they're bound to have a critical view of them. Also just look at the US politics of international interventionism, but let's not go there now pls.
>>
File: FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg (65 KB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg
65 KB, 400x348
Not /out/ related per se, but I've been wondering where to put it.
>>
>>748620
Wow, I'm a bit shocked, impressed and pleased- a response that was not abuse, and well reasoned. It looks like maybe /out/ is one of the grown up boards after all.

I guess (or at least in my case) it allows people to add a little glimmer of being an individual to their gear with patches, because lets be honest in a bunkhouse, or on an airport carousel a lot of peoples gear looks incredibly similar and when you add that little something outside the norm it makes it a bit easier to ID or describe. There is also the 'on the trail' aspect. As sketchy as some would say it is announce you visit 4chan, if I was sat on a wall, or was at a trail head or camp and I saw an /out/ patch on someone else's pack by chance I'd be a lot more inclined to strike up a conversation, share a joke about shitting in rivers, and offer a coffee to my fellow /out/doorsman.

When I travel internationally, yes I do slap a country flag on my backpack. My flag is unusual, and has been a good conversation starter with other travellers AFAIK, it's only one of two flags that feature a dragon (the other is Bhutan) It works both ways I know if I spot a German patch on someone bag there is fair chance they will be able to speak some English, and so on. I guess it something about being a bit more social when you travel for me too, which is why I just can't get my head around the hate /out/ ( and all non military type) patches are getting in general here.
>>
>>748581

I've spent some time living in Korea and while it's not universal, there are plenty of Americans that live up to the cultural stereotype. It's not closed-mindedness, it's a reaction to the treatment that the locals get on a daily basis.
>>
>>748818

Excellent points, anon. (a different anon to the one you replied to here).

I think for me it's not necessarily the patches I find annoying (although there are some that are a bit childish), it's the way some people plaster them over their gear and clothing like a 12 year old girl's laptop. That, and the mall ninjas who are broadcasting their insecurity by attempting to appear hardcore.

I think its mostly the second group that I find irritating, as they give a bad name to other /out/ists, but also I sometimes think that it's almost like they're mocking the military by playing pretendsies in such a committed way.
>>
>>748960
>>748951

Having said that however, I think flag patches and other patches that display groups you genuinely belong to to be alright (eg 2000 miler). They're good conversation starters, as you say.

But a lot of the other shit has just gotten to the point where it's a bit babyish.
>>
>>748818
>on an airport carousel
Man, I'd only patch up my checked luggage if I could stitch them on with titanium wire and super glue them to boot. Those $3 bits of fabric hurt to lose.
>>
>>748818
>>748960
But do you seriously need a conversation starter on a hike?
>"Hey I see you're from XY.. How's that?"
That's like asking what job someone has for me. Some ppl like to forget about stuff like that or their nationality when out. I know ppl that even avoid those they know speak their native language, because they want to get away from them or not endorse a loud conversation some ppl in the group might not even understand (depending on the language).
>>
I'm too tired to check the catalog for the patch design thread, but is there a 'get /out/' patch? As in a positive joke on the original phrase, like to hurry up and get hiking/biking/whatever.
>>
>>738056
>putting an anti-XY button/patch on your stuff

>"Yeah! Fight the couches, man!!"

Please don't, Anon.
>>
>>749223
ooooo

something like

get >/out/
>>
File: patch.png (780 KB, 906x738) Image search: [Google]
patch.png
780 KB, 906x738
>>
File: 1460807252904.gif (554 KB, 733x700) Image search: [Google]
1460807252904.gif
554 KB, 733x700
my patch still hasn't arrived yet

its been a month now

thanks outpatch
>>
>>749218
Who says it's just on a hike? Like I said I travel. The country flag on my bag is something I've done since I was probably around 10

Little tale time

My dad is a naval architect, he designs and oversees the building of FPSOs. They are fucking huge things- a hybrid of oil producing platform and tanker. You could say me becoming a marine engineer 'is the family business' kinda thing.

Because of this whist always maintaining a permanent residence in the UK, as a family we got to live all over the world. You would not believe how often that flag on a patch and a little conversion has a) opened doors b) immediately changed people's preconceived opinions (particularly when you flick from speaking English to Welsh) c) been that conversation starter and d) in all honesty something I've found that makes you more approachable to others. not to want to 'pretend' to belong to and organisation ( NI also have an issue with the pseudo military type patches) but it does identify you as a fellow traveller

The 'vanity' type patches are just that they allow for personification, I'm not suggesting you dedicate a whole side of your backpack to Princes Twilight Sparkle and her buddies in patch form but an /out/ patch isn't really much different than wearing a piece of jewellery if that makes sense?
>>
>>749760

https://youtu.be/GLs2ibIVQwM?t=47
>>
>>749218

I agree with >>749760

You have no idea how much of a relief it can be when you're in some backwater place in the middle of asia and you hear a friendly accent, or see a flag on someone's backpack and you know instantly that you can speak English and be understood and not have to battle through another attempt at a chinglish conversation that gets you nowhere.

If I saw a Welsh flag on someone's pack in the middle of nowhere, I know straight up that we've got language and culture in common, and I can start a convo with some welsh references and have a bit of a laugh.
>>
>>743746
lord of edge
>>
>>748581
It has more to do with imperialism and warmongering.
>>
>>749962

Agreed. Where this is filmed it's pretty much unheard of.

I'm from Anglesey. Here a good 70% (I think last census info showed) of the population speak it, I'm a fluent speaker myself. It's not uncommon to have to do all of your secondary education (school age 11-16) through the medium of Welsh on the island here. From Aberystwyth up and about as far over as Llangollen it's quite widely spoken.

People often joke about places switching from English to Welsh in pubs when visitors come in but that's a bit meh. The only thing I will say is that you can pick up on other speakers, and if you do flick from English to Welsh you generally get a far more positive experience with people, even if it's only to try the odd word or two as an outsider.

Biggest fucking shock I ever had was at a Museum in Valletta, Malta. My flag patch got noticed by a dude sat behind the counter at a display, to which he comes out with 'Bore da' (good morning) needless to say I was a bit shocked. It turned out he used to go on Holiday to Bangor ( city on the mainland about 20 miles from where I live) he spoke the language to a fair conversational standard in fairness. Was a pleasant surprise, and a nice break to the morning.
>>
>>750036
could be worse, it's not ''no step on snek''
>>
File: nosnek.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nosnek.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>751852

>maximum kek
>>
File: 20150913_175657.jpg (864 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150913_175657.jpg
864 KB, 2048x1152
>>
>>752489
where did you get that hardrive patch?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.