[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tasmanian tiger, is it still /out/ there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 484x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 484x304
Thylacine or Tasmanian tiger, thought to be exctinct. What does /out/ think?

Any sightings ?
what you think /out/
>>
clearly never existed in the first place.

same with 'squatch. as of right now it meets all the guidelines of an extinct species.
>>
>>737803
You might want to research michael moss

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/australia-tasmanian-tiger-sighting-proves-it-not-extinct-1510479

http://cryptoworld.co.uk/4-new-thylacine-sightings-in-3-months/
>>
>>737811
Thanks mate.
>>
>>737809
What?

It may be extinct, but it was certainly real. They have specimens and pictures of live ones
>>
Op here, the fucks up with this big cat business too, panthers running around the bush or something
>>
File: merman-of-aden.jpg (84 KB, 640x386) Image search: [Google]
merman-of-aden.jpg
84 KB, 640x386
>>737815
yeah mermaids too m80
>>
File: Thylacinus.jpg (43 KB, 728x486) Image search: [Google]
Thylacinus.jpg
43 KB, 728x486
>>737821
>wikipedia
>tasmanian tiger
>Pic related
>This photo is of a pair of Thylacines, a male and female, received from Dr. Goding in 1902. The Thylacine (Thylacinus cynocephalus) is a large, carnivorous marsupial also known as the Tasmanian Tiger or Tasmanian Wolf. It is now believed to be extinct. This photograph of a zoo specimen is important in recording the history of the zoo's collecting, and in some cases, such as this image of these Thylacines, they show species that are now extinct. The National Zoo opened in 1891 in an area of Rock Creek Park in Washington, D.C.

Its that simple retard. No one questions their previous existence.
>>
>>737822
:^)
https://youtu.be/IJjUt2sXo5o
>>
>>737809
that bait tho...
>>
>>737803
I think Willem Dafoe shot the last one that was left alive.
>>
>>737803

>Tasmanian tiger
>it's a dog

what a ripoff
>>
>>737848
That was a good one
>>
I remember there was this clip on youtube of footage of one with this really emotionally manipulative music playing over it.
Depressing as fuck.
>>
>>737811
Nice sauces you got there son
>>
>>737803
It's out there, waiting for it's mate.
>>
>>737932
...c-can i be its mate? im lonely :(
>>
Poor Tasmanian tigers...

Fucking people always ruin everything.
>>
they're out there. in pog form.
>>
>>737803
Saw something that sort of looked like this but had spots, not stripes and was a little bit smaller. Saw it near Huonville.
>>
File: spottedtailedQuollLg.jpg (262 KB, 550x392) Image search: [Google]
spottedtailedQuollLg.jpg
262 KB, 550x392
>>738006
Most likely a quoll
>>
>>738203
Yeah, pretty much that but a bit bigger and darker. Also think I spotted a playpus mashed by the side of the road. Roadkill everywhere around that place.
>>
I saw a weird very large canine creature in the forest where I live and got a picture. "that's a stump". "That's a ferell dog". "That's a coyote". I just gave up and don't bother talking about it.
>>
>>738977
I remember that thread. Wish you would have gotten a better picture homie
>>
>>738977
I thought it was a wolf
>>
>>737848
I cried with him during that scene.
>>
>>737848
dude I just looked this up. The Hunter is the film. Apparently he plays a hitman sent to kill the last thylacines. God I love that guys choices for roles.

Anyway I have heard there is the odd sighting from time to time. There might well be a small population out there. Reminds me of the story of Ishi.
>>
>>737803
Suposeadlly none exist in the wild but a genitics firm is considering cloneing some based off of tissue samples from the remains of ones kept in captivity.
>>
>>739211
What does everyone think of that?
>>
>>739487

I think that's fucking sweet.
>>
File: robert-muldoons-quotes-7.jpg (52 KB, 800x433) Image search: [Google]
robert-muldoons-quotes-7.jpg
52 KB, 800x433
>>739211
>mfw
>>
>>739487
Good luck. It's way harder than in the movies
>>
>>738977
I also remember that thread. Honestly was probably a dog, coy wolf, or just an odd coyote.
>>
File: thy372.jpg (21 KB, 372x192) Image search: [Google]
thy372.jpg
21 KB, 372x192
>>737803
currently extinct, not for long though, I believe they plan on cloning this pickled one.
>>
>>740215
Good luck lil' pickle
>>
File: 1459693685317.png (205 KB, 310x329) Image search: [Google]
1459693685317.png
205 KB, 310x329
>>739487
>>
>>737855
Actually not a dog. They were marsupials, so even though they looked a lot like dogs, they were completely unrelated.
>>
>>740313
Tasmanian 'roo, then.

I think they should clone them commercially and let people hunt them, but I also think that should have been the premise of Jurassic Park IV.
>>
>>739487
So what do they plan on doing with them after they clone them? Release them into the wild? Weaponize them?
>>
>>740597
Both.
>>
>>737809

im from tasmania. once i was in a cafe and the rug on the floor was made from a tasmanian tiger
>>
>>737822
real talk tho, are we actually the most gullible board? I regularly see /out/ists like this fine gent taking the most obvious baits.
>>
>>739723
Pretty sure they're not cloning like you see in the movies, more like breeding and altering the DNA of existing animals to move towards an approximation of it, could be wrong though.
>>
>>737818
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/239687/central-victoria-big-cat-study-worth-it/

Yeah, there's supposed to be a panther / some panthers running around in central Victoria that escaped from some zoo or show. Whether they've actually bred and grown in population is anyone's guess. I used to live down there and there's been occasional sightings for years, but no-one's ever actually proved their existence.
>>
>>737803
When the last eagle flies over the last crumbling mountain
And the last lion roars at the last dusty fountain
In the shadow of the forest though she may be old and worn
They will stare unbelieving at the last unicorn
>>
>>743872
There's the nimbin big cat too. All around where I live people reckon they've seen it.
>>
>>743864
idk if it's because we naively don't see why anyone would troll a bunch of people who just want to talk about camping and nature and wholesome stuff or if the outdoors attracts social autists who can't tell troll from idiot and enjoy proving idiots wrong
if i see someone say something stupid i don't react because either they're a troll and that's what they want or they're stupid enough to believe something stupid so I won't waste my time with them
i think more people here would be better off ignoring trolls/idiots because nothing good comes from talking to them
>>
I want to see one.
>>
>>743864
>>744004

Naive, perhaps, but /k/ takes the bait more than any other board
>>
>>738729
they come in bigger/darker varieties. still a quoll...
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.