[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I eat this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 20160331_194908.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160331_194908.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
What kind of cactus is this?
>>
Looks like an Opuntia and yes the pads are edible.
Google nopales recipes.
>>
>>727892
You can eat the fruit and the pads but instead of eating the pad I recommend carefully splitting it and fucking it. The slick slimy feeling on your dick is amazing and if you don't blow inside they last for about a week.
>>
>>727916
This is the guy you hate to meet on the trail...
>>
>>727916
What are the fruits? Those pods? I'm gonna go ham on this shit tomorrow when the sun is up. Hopefully it doesn't kill me
>>
Originally I was interested in it's psychoactive properties because I know alot of cactii besides peyote have psy compounds.

Hopefully it tastes as good as the internet says
>>
>>727926
Have you ever tried it? He's not so wrong.
>>
Let the flowers go to fruit. Prickly pear is fucking delicious if you can deal with the seeds. Think watermelon seeds x 10,000 totally worth it thought. Harvest the young pads. About the size of a hand they are brighter green than the rest of the plant. Also propagate the shit out of it if you like it just cut mature pads and stickem in the ground.
Take care of the thorns, speed I ally if you put your dick in it.
>>
>>727892
Prickly pear cactus fruits look bright red when they are ripe. Those don't look very ripe.

If you pick ripe fruits, remember they have spines like the rest of the cactus, and also have lots of hard seeds inside you need to avoid.

They taste sort of like a kiwi.
>>
>>727892
Looks like a spineless cultivar of Opuntia ficus-indica.
>>
>>727930
Use a lighter to burn the needles off.
>>
>>727992
The ones in the pic are still growing they need a little longer, when they are ready they will be plump and roundish the shape is like an avocado. The green ones are good to eat too, you will know because they rippen into sweet peach like consistency from slimy hard shitty feel. They are still probably 70% seeds. I just eat them some people say that the seeds give them the runs, I've never experienced this. Don't try to bite the seeds you will break a tooth.
>>
You make some kickass aguas frescas with the fruit. It's probably the most useful cactus ever.
>>
File: Prickly-pear-Nopales.jpg (690 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Prickly-pear-Nopales.jpg
690 KB, 1920x1080
>>727943
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuE-vQlZzm4

In one plant you have food, drink and fleshlight.

In the desert you need never go hungry or horny again.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.