[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you more of a camper/bushcrafter or a hiker/backpacker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: jaVrHOS.png (986 KB, 630x628) Image search: [Google]
jaVrHOS.png
986 KB, 630x628
Are you more of a camper/bushcrafter or a hiker/backpacker?

https://strawpoll.me/7227594
>>
File: 1453045926764.jpg (146 KB, 912x684) Image search: [Google]
1453045926764.jpg
146 KB, 912x684
imma hiker/bushcrafter
>>
File: ray.jpg (79 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
ray.jpg
79 KB, 620x387
Bushcrafter is the superior option
>>
>>726596

I come here for the permaculture threads.
>>
So, how many people here that vote "bushcraft" only walk out into the nearest woods with their mora and hack at shit for a few hours before returning home?
>>
>>726596
Shitposting is the best option!

Actually i'm just new to the serious /out/ stuff and i use this board for information. next week i want to travel ~80 km's by foot and i'm prepping at the moment
>>
>>726634
All of them. Except they don't have Moras, they have batoning knives.
>>
Definitely hiker/backpacker. I know a few wild foods and basic shit like firelighting, but I can't carve spoons or build a Vietcong tunnel using twigs
>>
>>726715
>build a Vietcong tunnel using twigs
Kek
>>
>>726634
voted bushcraft. can confirm this statement is 100% tru 100% of the time, i bring atleast 3 different kinds of moras with me but an important detail is that you make sure only to hack at green living plants/trees, that way they die and you can build more emergency shelters in the future.
>>
No trail running? Am i a meme?
>>
>>726596
$50 says toblab and pepsi voted for the shitposting one twice
>>
Voted bushcraft even though i don't really consider myself that i.e i don't go live in the woods for months i usually go there for the day or ocasionaly for an overnighter or 3 days and i do carve spoons but i don't do half of what uncle Ray does
>>
>>726596
I am a lurker
>>
>>726596
I do like 90% of my outings above the treeline so materials for base-building are kind of limited, which is a shame since I would like to do it more.
Planning an overnighter in the woods sometimes the next few weeks with some friends though, so I'll probably take the opportunity to build something basic then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_n1_-seZkU
This video gives me a semi for several reasons
>>
>>726596
Ultra-Light Backpacker here. You'd get x10 more votes speedy quick (just like the ethos of UL) if you list it in your poll.
>>
File: Snowmobile_Babes_3.jpg (141 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
Snowmobile_Babes_3.jpg
141 KB, 720x576
>camper/bushcrafter
>hiker/backpacker
Neither.
>>
>>726596
Camper/Hiker/Just getting into bushcraft and I'm loving it so far. Really makes you appreciate nature a lot more.
>>
>>726596
Both, dependening on where. Most places where I camp, there is no trail. And most places I hike, it's for the scenery. Bushcrafting live trees and bushes when you do not require it for survivial is just selfish, especially close to trails. Just like littering anywhere.
>>
>>726634
bushcrafter have to start somewhere
>>
>>726840
when was the last time you actually saw more than a blur while out?
>>
>>726634

I'm a hiker and so I need at least a 95 litre pack to carry my jetboil, 10 fuel canisters, pillow, teddy bear, full kitchen set, spices, titanium spork, extra blankies and titanium carabiners (because I don't know how to tie any knots lol) when I go out for the afternoon.
>>
I guess I'm more of a camper/bushcrafter although I'd never call myself that. For me it's not about the miles, it's more about finding a comfy spot, setting up camp, exploring the area with a day pack and then heading back to camp just before nightfall. Next day I strike camp, move on to the next comfy spot, then repeat.

While I'm exploring I might do a bit of hobo fishing, take some photos, do some writing, carve, or have a swim. Shit like that basically. Almost always go alone, not many of my friends are /out as I've only recently gotten into it myself.
>>
>backpacker
>spending your time on /out/ instead of >>>/trv/
>>
>>726825
You are just a higher form than we can comprehend
>>
>>726832
Not anymore you are
>>
>>726634
guilty! i tend to just hike like 3-4km to some nice woods and cook food and make fire and sometimes do some carving
>>
>>727241
When I had to stop when a flock of tortoises with 80L packs got up from camp and intergrated into the trail just as I was speeding by. I had to wait 10 hours for them to walk a mile to their next camp site.
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 640x1136
>>726596
I was about to say "Neither, I just shitpost" but you had that covered. Good job OP.
>>
>>727442
>>726828
Right on schedule
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>727449
I tried to vote twice for shitposting but it wouldn't let me.
>>
>>726634

I picked shitposting, but when I do go out and do "bushcrafting" that is exactly what I do. There is nowhere good to go /out/ in northwest Indiana.
>>
>>726596
Not hiker/climber/mountaineer option?
>>
>>727246
I'm a hiker and I use a 22L pack 95% of the time
>>
>>728027
But how much do your pack mules carry?
>>
4 wheeler camper.
>>
>>728058
So, neither.
>>
>>727437
And you couldn't go around them because that's not the UL-way. Fucking get some boots..
>>
I prefer hunting/fishing. I would never use the word bushcraft in real life or online unless I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>726828
You owe me $50 homeboy. Didn't even vote on it.
>>
>>728440
Idk why I get random names now.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.