[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: UT84fGHXlhXXXagOFbXU.jpg (117 KB, 790x686) Image search: [Google]
UT84fGHXlhXXXagOFbXU.jpg
117 KB, 790x686
I'm new to all this and I've spent the last couple of weeks gearing up and researching. Today I've been around looking for pants.. and well fuck, it seems I'm too fat for all innawoods pants.

I think I have a 52-ish inch waist and I'd rather not wear my pants under my gut so to speak. I am currently losing weight rapidly, but I'm anxious to get out.

I live in sweden and fjällrävens pants are way to small.. and so are all the other brands in all the other shops. I've been looking around online and even there. I'd rather not go innawoods in jeans/sweatpants.
>>
Holy shit nigger. I was 350lb a few years ago before I discovered /fit/ and I had only a 44" waist. Just take a window curtain and make a man skirt out of it.
>>
>>725566
I'm about 250 pounds and I don't consider myself THAT big. I'm obviously a fatass, not like morbidly obese. The size of my "normal" pants are 44 (I don't know in what system though), but I couldn't even get 44s over my knees today.
>>
>>725567
If you really do want to get /out/ you'll end up losing weight. Don't commit to buying stuff that won't fit you in 6 months.

I mean if you really want to get /out/ the benefits of losing just another 10lb are going to far outweigh the benefits of buying $100+ pants. Prioritize the most significant improvements you can make, in this case your physical fitness. Once you've more or less plateaued then you can start specializing by buying better gear.
>>
>>725614
Tha'ts kinda where I stand now, but what are okey pants to wear? I want something that doesn't mind if I put my knees on the ground, doesn't get torn by undergrowth and won't soak up all the moisture in the entire forest.

I mostly wear chinos now and they're definitely not good for that.
>>
Dont try to over-engineer shit.

Try different things and learn from mistakes.

I often wear sweat pants when going out. I kind of enjoy the thought of facing nature in my comfy clothes, even if they aren't the latest technical super drabs.

Same with other gear. Search your feelings: what is your /out/ fantasy?

All high-tec "recommended" text-book camping, or aesthetic surrendering to the wild? Or something else, I only know what I want.
>>
>>725628
I'm definitely not about the over technical aspects of it. I just want to wear something that isn't too hot, can take some abuse and isn't absorbing moisture. I hate sweatpants and that kinda reduces my options at this point.

so my question is still, is there any company that makes clothes for fat people?
>>
I wear shorts while trekking and jeans over long thermal underwear during the night, but I don't worry about moisture because California, and I pretty much only wear pants while I sleep and cook. You're hopefully gonna lose many inches of waist if you do more than just carve spoons and build lean-to's in your backyard, so why waste the money now. If I were you I'd buy your Kevlar meme pants in the biggest size they make and put them on when you fit into them.
>>
>>725558
>I'm new to /out/
>my first focus is going to be buying all new gear so i'll be awesome
>>
>>725639
So.. you'd recommend that I just walk out in the woods with a messenger bag, chinos and some sneakers?
>>
Wax a pair of dickies work pants and sew more waxed canvas over the knees and ass. Yes it will be heavy and not breathable, but that might help you sweat that fat away.
>>
>>725567
>I'm about 250 pounds and I don't consider myself THAT big
unless you are like 6'5" you are well into the morbidly obese category my man. currently you are 100% delusional. you absolutely are fat as fuck and you need to do something about it.

i was in a similar position to you about 7 years ago (5'11" 260) and definitely knew i was out of shape but mostly thought i was just tubby and could still hold my own. lost about 100lb. up front and gained back 30lb. (of mostly muscle) over the next 7 years and havent looked back. you dont realize how bad it is until you fix it. keep up what you are doing and you absolutely WILL die early. this is incredibly serious. i mean this in the nicest way it can be taken but lose weight you fucking waste of space.
>>
>>725637
The thing is that I've found pants that costs like 15 dollars. That isn't so much and is definitely worth it for a pair of throw away pants. I literally have no pants right now that I'm willing to fuck up.

If I could find pants in my size for that price I would buy them.
>>
>>725644
I am losing weight, I do want to lose weight. I am watching what I eat. I want to go to camping, I'm working out. That is the least of my problems at the moment.

I just want something that I can wear outside.
>>
>>725648
glad to hear it but if youre 250 you are morbidly obese. dont be delusional. you have a long way to go. dont think you can just drop a few pounds and be healthy.

as for clothes right now, if you actually plan on doing this, dont buy anything expensive since it wont fit once you achieve your goal. just by cheap shit from goodwill for the next year or so while youre losing weight
>>
>>725652
But that's the thing! I can't find any decent clothes to wear innawoods.

is there any company that makes clothes for morbidly obese people? I just want something cheap that I can throw away as soon as I lost enough weight to count as a normal human being.
>>
>>725655
you dont need special snowflake outdoor clothes fatty. just go to goodwill and buy used dungarees and flannel shirts/t shirts. that should be more than adequate until you lose weight
jesus christ
>>
>>725656
We don't have goodwill in Sweden. Have you even read the thread?

>I don't have any clothes that are fitting for being in the forest
>I can't find any clothes in my size that is fitting for being in the forest
>If I had found anything even slightly better than jeans, I would've bought them.
>>
>>725660
what the fuck does that have to do with anything? then go to a used clothing store or whatever the equivalent of walmart in sweden is fatty.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR OUT CLOTHES ARE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE FAT JUST GO OUT. jeans and a t shirt are fine you morbid hambeast, stop worrying about and actually get out there
>>
>>725661
Will do, Thanks for the help everyone.
>>
Do you have access to a work clothing store or company? I know here in the states Carhartt sells a lot of tough, water proof clothing in 2xl, 3xl and sometimes even 4xl for inexpensive prices.
You could probably go to a hardware store and ask around for companies that make the same clothing, but are located in Sweden.
>>
>>725716
Seconding hardware stores and farmers stores: they have big clothes that are durable (made for manual labor) and often resonably priced.
>>
Here are some waterproof over pants.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carhartt-pants-3XL-Tall-pull-string-waist-adjustable-leg-snaps-water-resistant-/281964129971?hash=item41a65f2eb3:g:1uAAAOSwzgRWunsN
>>
File: 98291176.jpg (280 KB, 735x534) Image search: [Google]
98291176.jpg
280 KB, 735x534
>>725558
wear your extra kingsize fat clothing until you lost weight and look like an social accepted human.
>>
>>725558

>52 inch waist

At that level of fatness, you're not physically capable of any /out/door activities extreme enough to require special pants.

You'll be fine with a pair of jeans or some poly/nylon cheapo pants.
>>
>>725752

This. Dude, go do your thing and think about looking like a Fjällraven rep once you dropped some weight. This coming from another fat ass. Good luck!
>>
>>725618
Honestly dude. I take the most comfortable pants I own and that's what I wear. Damned if they get wet or tattered.

Go check your local salvation army and see if you can find a decent pair of pants because you will not fit in them in a few months.
>>
>>725628

Highly recommend wool sweat pants. They are cheap and you can tighten the waistline as you lose weight.
>>
>>725558
Woah...

52" waist? And I thought burgers were the fat ones.

OP, I think you should do some cardio near a hospital before you think about trying to trek up a mountain.
>>
>>725567
>250lb =/= 250kg
>>
File: 0kDBeQ8McwqgVC4.jpg (85 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
0kDBeQ8McwqgVC4.jpg
85 KB, 612x612
>>725642
>So.. you'd recommend that I just walk out in the woods with a messenger bag, chinos and some sneakers?

If you tried it, you might realise that's totally fine. You're going to do like a couple hours walking max, sleep for the night and then go home. You'll be fine in jeans and sneakers

>>725644
>i mean this in the nicest way it can be taken but lose weight you fucking waste of space.

huehehehe

>>726041
Don't be obtuse. 250lbs is fat as fuck
>>
>>726159
>250lbs is fat as fuck

Depends on the body shape though. OP's waist is huge. I'm 250lbs, 6', and my 38" waist pants are falling off my ass. I have a gut but if I kept my current muscle build I don't think I could lose much more than 25 or 30lbs and still be healthy.

I got a different build from OP though. At my heaviest like 10yrs ago I was a bit over 300lbs and was a 42"-44" waist.
>>
>>725618
just steal some cargos from one of the billion immigrants you have destroying your great country
>>
>>725655
get a pair of thermals, a pair of jeans. wax the shit out of those jeans so that the water doesn't get in. i'm assuming if you live in sweden you probably already have a decent coat or jacket. as far as shoes go, light weight work boots will do fine, if they arent leather or waterproof just go out when it's dry. it's nearly summer up there anyway. any old beanie will do fine. you should be able to do all that for under 400 kr. understand this is all cheap shit that won't really be comfortable, but it will work just fine and you can go /out.
>>
>>726180
>tfw cargo pants (especially zip-off ones) are now ludicrously expensive and hard to find these days
Thanks, feminism. You've really fucked us all in the ass.
>>
File: 1401662983653.png (615 KB, 845x450) Image search: [Google]
1401662983653.png
615 KB, 845x450
>>726166
>If I dropped to 225lbs I would be unhealthy

fucking kek mate
>>
>>726225
At that point I would be losing muscle and shit or look like a wannabe body builder or something weird. Just saying that realistically if I were to try and just burn off fat, I wouldn't be able to lose much more than that and look healthy.
>>
>>726229
>actually delusional
>>
>>725558
yeah fjallraven gear is for pretty slim people. That stuff fits me like a glove. Anyhow why not just start out with everyday wear because you must be pretty big right now. I mean no insult there but maybe just starting out with something simple like canvas pants since you don't want to be doing stuff that will be a huge exertion requiring better gear anyway. I mean what's the point in buying good stuff now while your waist size is dropping anyhow? But certainly do get out and get active. Sweden is certainly a beautiful place to be doing it. Consider the fjallravens your reward once you've done your time getting built up. they're expensive anyhow.
>>
>>725558
Amerifat here,
I wear a 36 here, but I believe the memeravens that i bought were 52 EU size. I'm a little over 6ft and weigh 225. The pants hug my ass and thighs a bit too much but it's not the end of the world.

I took the pants /out/ for the first time last week and did some scrambling up some rock formations in the snow in western usa.

The fact that the pants have a cinch around the boot built in really saved me. There were times were I slipped into snow past my thigh and nothing got into my boots. I also had to slide down snowy rocks on the decent a few times and the memeravens wicked all the moisture immediately and I stayed dry and warm.

My buddy wore jeans and non-goretex boots and was pretty cold and damp by the time we left.

I got the pants on sale for 70 dollars american and think it was very worth it. The pants did get a slight tear around the leg pocket but the rocks had sharp parts and i can't really blame the material.

9/10

would buy again.
>>
File: nature dont give a shit.jpg (95 KB, 660x516) Image search: [Google]
nature dont give a shit.jpg
95 KB, 660x516
>>725558
Kilt and rain skirt
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.