[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the hell on earth can buy something like??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: ibiza_3-1280x800.jpg (375 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
ibiza_3-1280x800.jpg
375 KB, 1280x800
http://superyachta.com/news/crazy-facts-superyachts-probably-didnt-know/
>>
File: nomad.jpg (707 KB, 1724x768) Image search: [Google]
nomad.jpg
707 KB, 1724x768
This is even cooler OP, and probably even more expensive
>>
>>721838
The old fuckers that rules the world behind the puppet states.
>>
The sad fact is the only people who can afford these things, it's their toy. They literally have so much money they need to blow it on expensive toys like this to feel good about themselves. They play with it for a month then forget about it and move onto the next toy. Never finding anything that gives them a lasting sense of happiness.
>>
>>721853
>ITT: general generalizations general
>>
>>721838
Fucking richfags, and the worst thing about it is that most of them don't even care that much about sailing, for them it's all about having a floating status symbol that they can show off.
>>
>>721841
Paul Allen had a 40ft yellow submarine custom made by this company that docks in his superyacht The Octopus.

Because Paul Allen is one hollowed out volcano away from being a Bond villain.
>>
>>721838
Actually a fairly amount of people. They're just not your average /out/doors enthusiast guy though, and most of them are jews if that matters.
>>
>>721853
Yeah it's crazy. I was reading about some Russian billionaire, had the most expensive yacht ever at over $1 billion. But he had like 10 other super yachts he got before that. Like what the fuck do you do with them all?

Only thing that makes sense is what you said, the urge to have bigger, better, newer. To have the biggest of anyone so you can feel good about yourself.
Also all these megawatts are fucking hideous.
>>
>>721838
I saw that thing docked in Seattle, it's mind boggling.

Apparently it costs $500,000 to fill the fuel tanks and it has an entire room upholstered in white stingray hides.
>>
File: IMG_1539.jpg (570 KB, 2448x1948) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1539.jpg
570 KB, 2448x1948
That came to town where I live.
>>
>>721838
Russian oil barons and wall street warlords
>>
>>721838
I live pretty much in Fort Lauderdale which is the Mecca for boats like this. It's ridiculous. They pay crews to live on them just to maintain them while they aren't even sailing.
>>
>>723731
i also would have accepted russian warbarons nd wall street oil lords
>>
>>721838
I wish I was rich enough for shit like this.
>>
>>722194
>http://superyachta.com/news/crazy-facts-superyachts-probably-didnt-know/

where do you live?
>>
>>723733
Sounds like a sweet job desu senpai.
>>
>>723972
i know a guy who's a yatch cap'n in Cape Cod. he lives abord for about 4 months a year, out f that they actually sail for like 2 weeks total. he makes over $150k for those 4 months.
>>
Tbh fammy senpai, if money was no option I'd prefer something like this.

http://youtu.be/Nn6_PcIhBoo

> big enough for the ocean
> small enough for some freshwater lakes
> can spend a long weekend on it
> good for entertaining
> good for a nice relaxing afternoon
> sides low enough for fishing
> has an onboard jet ski option
> doesn't need a captain unless you want one.
>>
>>723964
>where do you live?
Southeast Alaska. When they dock most of the crew members go drinking at a nearby bar. After a few beers they start talking about who owns yachts and what not.
>>
>>723972
I actually met a dude at a bar, and one of his friends tends to some $50mil yacht. He said they would bring it to these sandbar parties sometimes where a bunch of huge yachts just like that would all be tied up to eachother and have crazy parties.

And it's all cool as long as nothing gets fucked up. A lot of times these boats are expected to be run on short trips. Cars are like that too. You don't really want them to be sitting for months or years at a time. Gotta run them a little to make sure everything is cool.
>>
>>721893
Or Captain Nemo....
>>
File: underseabar.jpg (55 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
underseabar.jpg
55 KB, 640x428
>>721838

Fuck boats, every millionaire has one. If I had lods of emone, I'd build a private underwater city full of whores
>>
File: 552.jpg (24 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
552.jpg
24 KB, 375x500
>>723991
even on the sea you can enjoy your AUTISM
>>
>>724145
Damn that looks comfy af.

>try and escape now bitch!
>tfw all ur qt's got the bends
>>
>>724145
>>724709
nope

https://youtu.be/2W0mhAFldIY
>>
>>724724
Is that glass shattering shot really in the movie? That is some D-class shit.

Anyway, mine will have plexiglass windows so it will be straight. Just gotta make sure them bitches don't scratch it up with their high heels and body piercings.
>>
>>724725
yup it sure is. and it's like, the big climax of the film as well.
>>
>>724709

That's what they get for stealing my oranges
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.