[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You will never be comfy in a tree 80ft up in the center of d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
You will never be comfy in a tree 80ft up in the center of down town Seattle.

http://komonews.com/live/event
>>
http://komonews.com/news/local/man-trapped-at-top-of-tall-tree-in-downtown-seattle-rescue-launched

>Crews brought a ladder truck to the scene, at the corner of Fourth Avenue and Stewart Street, after receiving reports of a man stuck in the upper branches of the tall tree, just after 11:30 a.m.

>The fire truck's ladder was extended to within a few feet of the man, then negotiators climbed up and are trying to speak with him.

>So far he has refused to come down and has thrown an apple at medics. The man, with a long beard and wool cap, was also seen tossing small branches, orange peels, pine cones and other materials at rescuers and claimed to be armed with a knife, Seattle Police said. He later requested a pack of Camel Crush cigarettes.

Whitest standoff ever.
>>
>>719691
It almost looks like he's cabled himself to the top of the tree.
>>
>>719703
I grew up in Humboldt County and hippies were doing that constantly in the 80s and 90s, they'd go and build a little platform in the tree with a tent and chain themselves to the tree to protest logging. One chick stayed in a tree for close to 3 years IIRC.
>>
Guy doing the stream is alternating between trying to figure out how his camera works and saying things like "He made fort, like Bear Grylls or something."
>>
OP Here. Recap:
>man climbs 80 ft / 25 m tree in seattle
>becomes king of tree
>police arrive
>treeking demands smokes
>police bring him smokes
>treeking smokes the smokes
>throws apples and sticks at people below
>ladderbro arrives to talk him down from a bigass ladder
>treeking fashions a wizard staff from branches he tore off
>hangs upside-down from the top for a bit
>pigeons fly around him; shoots at all of them with finger gunz
>acrobatics ensue
>ladderbro retreats, spooked by treeking's display of power
>treeking climbs down and up multiple times
>attempts to burn down his own tree but fails
>drops trou and decides to poo in view
>treeking climbs partway down and demands backpack
>treeking says nevermind fuck it and goes back to dicking around atop his treedom
>treeking constructs makeshift hammock above the canopy and attempts to sleep
>wakes up and says SHUT UP FAGGOT
>throws more shit
>goes back to sleep on what's left
>phoenix jones shows up
>also shillary arrived in the area
>cops tell phoenix to go away
>treeking breaks more branches in the treetop and initiates nesting protocol alpha
>cameraman thinks reddit is responsible for the hype
>cameraman gives shoutouts to /pol/, brushie eesti, ben garrison and thanked ben for his work in africa
>treeking's minstrels arrive playing acoustic guitars and singing
>screaming banshee woman shows up yells at him at the top of her lungs for about 2 hours
>>
>>720015
cont.
>treeking climbed down to get more branches baiting everyone
>treeking is now returning to his throne
>dronebro flew around
>dronebro landed
>Cop revs engine
>this spooks the Treeking
>treeking wakes up, drops trow and shits down tree
>treeking rants about satan and how he is going to hell for climbing the tree
>treeking is shouting at the masses about how his views will be condoned
>treeking is shouting at the masses about how his fight will be rewarded with ass fucking in prison
>videographer gets call from his boss, tells him to kill the mic so treekings message cannot be heard
>sparks small outrage on twitter demanding we hear him
>treeking returns to his throne for yet another nap
>remains undisturbed as apartment peasants attempts to claim his throne by throwing things at him
>cops opens up traffic
>treeking takes a morning squirt, marking his territory
>treeking curses the newly arrived traffic with his wizard staff
>>
>>720019
>9:55am local time, Seattle
>mumbling hippy in a tie dye trench coat shows up
>has massive pigmy goat
>goat's name is 'Dear The Goat'
>interview ensues
>hippy states that treeking has the right to freely climb trees
>man shows up who was watching live stream to feed the goat an apple
>>
>>720028
Lol what am I reading
>>
>>720072
news
>>
>>719708

That's because logging can and should be sustainable and when it's not people are forced to do radical things to draw attention to the injustice.
>>
It's ogre everyone. Tree King is dead
>after man fed Deer The Goat an apple, reporters returned to their equipment
>disgruntled taxpayer/homeowner man showed up
>lit into the SPD for standing around getting paid over time with their thumbs up their asses
>was clearly pissed off that the tax payers needed to pay the city to inflate a non-issue
>people on twitter created accounts for Deer The Goat, Tree King, the tree its self, and other meme stuff
>reporter read it all live
>tree king laid on his back and pulled his pants down
>showed the police across in the Macy's building what his shitted up asshole looked like
>pulled his pants back up
>stood up
>yelled a bit more
>then all of a sudden...
>he just began descending
>he entered the mortal world again
>sat at the base of the tree for a moment
>someone threw some cheese sticks at him
>he squatted and ate his breakfast
>then he was placed on a gernie and wheeled into an ambulance
>driven away
>crowd clearly clapping and cheering as the ambulance rolled off into the sunset.

Inb4 he's up there again this weekend.
>>
>>720165
>tax payers needed to pay the city to inflate a non-issue

This.

The bright side is this isn't another school shooting, bombing, or election.
>>
>>720015
>>720019
>>720028
>>720165
This is fucking amazing. Wish the news around here were more like that.
>>
>>719691

>The man, with a long beard and wool cap
>wool cap

BUT WHAT COLOUR IS IT??
>>
>>720165
>showed the police across in the Macy's building what his shitted up asshole looked like

Holy fuck anon I kek'd so fucking hard

4chan News Service ftw
>>
>>719708
Are you talking about the Oak Grove at Cal State in Berzerkley? I used to live with the original hippy-dippy bitch who started that tree sit with her Native American roommate. Unbelievable how retarded these people are.
>>
>>720015
>Phoenix jones

Well i havent heard that name in a couple of years lol
>>
File: im011.jpg (14 KB, 300x317) Image search: [Google]
im011.jpg
14 KB, 300x317
Really no other treebros on /out/? I climb trees for fun mostly no ropes unless I'm goin for somethin super sketch or challenging. I've been up 150 ft before just me the tree and the breeze and I'll tell all you landlubbers nothing else even comes close.
>>
>>719685
Since "comfy" means "comfortable", no, I don't imagine I would be comfy if I was 80 feet up in a tree in the middle of a major city.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.