[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /out/, any Arizona residents have experience with raised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: traditional-landscape.jpg (191 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
traditional-landscape.jpg
191 KB, 640x426
Hey /out/, any Arizona residents have experience with raised bed gardens? I'm 19 and looking for a new hobby and this really intrigues me. Any tips for a first time gardener? I'm looking to plant tomatoes for sure and probably jalapenos as well, and a couple others depending on how many plants a beginner should start with.
>>
>>719387
see
>>714202

Try to keep gardening threads in the Homegrowmen threads. And, use the catalog next time.
>>
>>719389
Fuck off. Generals are cancer. It's not like /out/ is so busy that we need to consolidate threads anyway.
>>
>>719477
>>>/b/
>>
>>719387
I live in arizona. The place I work at has a few raised bed planters made out of cinderblocks. Theres a guy that put in a waterline to it too. The culinary program uses it to grow cabage, spinach, herbs, and sometimes tomatoes. I haven't tried anything off of the grow but it all looks very good.

I'm starting to get interested in raised beds as well.
>>
try growing things from seed, youtube has a ton of info
>>
>>719389
>>719482
there's plenty of room in this sleepy parking lot for everyone anon. pic related, an anlogy
>>
>>719387
see
>>714202
>>
Poke holes in the bottom of the containers you're starting your seeds off in, water whenever the dirt looks dry, and pray to the sun God at least once a day before noon or else your plants will die. Tomato cages aren't a bad idea, otherwise your plants will fall over once they begin to fruit.
>>
>>719531

Here's your link and where you belong

>>5905934
>>
>>719387
I was about to make raised beds myself in my new garden but then checked my wood prices.... They are growin.
Just made a raised planting area like normal ppl do and chill. Btw get started all heat lovers indoors then get them /out/...
>>
>>722365
just remember to have a barrier between that wood and the soil, either the same liner as a pond or heavy duty garbage bags for cheapish protection. Keeps the wood from rotting away and separates the wood chemicals from leaching into your food.

Good luck, just don't try to elevate that soil and have it NOT touch the ground below, being told to do it that way doesn't actually save any grass below it from dying. Nor is it good for storage.
>>
>>719477
This. This is a slow board.
>>
>>719387
see
>>719608

Keep this shit together.
>>
>>719387
my advice on raised beds, though i live nowhere near AZ. make em big. mine was about 3 and half feet high. lotta dirt is good. make sure you mix in bit of dolomite lime as a ph buffer and for cal mag. mix in blood meal and alfalfa meal and do spikes of guano. water with some unsulfured molassas and youre good to go
>>
>>722490
your board is slower than a man with no legs crawling up the wrong escalator
>>
>>719387
stop shitting up the board with 20 of the same shit. keep it in one thread >>719608
>>
>>719387
I have a tip. You live in a desert. Move out of the desert and quit wasting water.
>>
Since the other farming thread is dead, what's a good resource if I wanted to just start a garden the next time I go /out/ for about 4 days?

I'm thinking basically, just pick out an 8x8 area, till it, then plant it, just a tiny farm next to my camp. I'm ready for harvest moon in real life.

But, I don't know where to start learning
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.