[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, /out/, I need some help. I'm taking a girl out on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: fishing.jpg (3 MB, 2937x1888) Image search: [Google]
fishing.jpg
3 MB, 2937x1888
Sup, /out/, I need some help.

I'm taking a girl out on our first date(my first ever) and we're gonna go fishing on friday. I know she likes fishing, but I've not fished since I was a kid. I already bought a rod and picked out a nice place at the local state park. I know how to fish, as far as putting bait on the hook and actually catching one, but other than that I'm going in completely blind. All I have is a rod with some line in it(I don't think it even came with a hook). I'm also planning on bringing a cooler so we can have a little picnic. Basically I'm asking for any advice you guys can possibly give me; what to bring, what I still need to go buy, when to go, etc. I really like this girl and want everything to go well, but I'm scared that I'm gonna bomb the whole thing.
>>
Shameless self-bump
>>
>>719246
one theres no need to really bump on /out/ unless youre on page 6 or below, two just take it easy being anxious about it wont help, it will only make things worse, just take it easy, so what if ou dont catch anything, as long as you havent told her youre an expert its no big deal maybe she will teach you some shit
>>
>>719240
Just be honest about how little you know, and make some jokes at your expense if you screw up. Nothing is worse than someone who pretends to be something they are not e.g. a good fisherman
>>
>takes girl fishing
>doesnt know how to fish

What the fuck were you thinking?

To answer your question, Youtube, and common sense. Go fishing today or before your date for like an hour just to make sure you dont do anything retarded later
>>
I was mostly thinking more of like what do I need to do to prepare. Like what kind of bait to buy, food to bring, etc.
>>
>>719266
Just buy some nightcrawlers and rig them on a hook and bobber 18"-24" deep. Use smaller hooks and do like 1/3 of a nightcrawler or get the smaller worms. You will have more fun with a small hook catching bluegill than not catching anything at all. Other than hooks, bobbers, wights (split shots), and worms, make sure you bring some pliers and wet wipes. Last thing you want to do is fuck up a fish because you can't get the hook out. Might want to youtube how to hold certain fish as well. Don't want to look like a pansy because you got stabbed by a spine on a little bluegill or bullhead.

If it's a date, focus more on the picnic shit than trying to hard to be a professional fisherman.
>>
Do you know what you're fishing for? Depending on how big of fish you're planning to catch maybe a leather man type multi tool with the pliers so your hands don't get bit. Other than that hooks/jig heads, bobbers, leaders and whatever local bait you can pick up.
>>
>>719269
Well I certainly wasn't trying to look like a pro or anything, I just don't want to look COMPLETELY clueless. And like I said, I did fish as a kid/young teen, so I'm at least a LITTLE familiar with some of it.

>>719271
I don't know exactly what's in the water where we are, but when my parents took us there as a kid, it was mostly small fish(like crappie).
>>
>>719240
Don't be a fuck OP. get some salmon eggs or worms, set up a bobber and bait rig with 3-6 feet of leader (depending on the body of water, weeds, etc.) That way you can just put some bait in the water, and then pay all of your attention to the womanthing.
>>
>>719273
>I just don't want to look COMPLETELY clueless
And yet, you are.
>>
>>719278
You know, you're really not helping
>>
Two words if advice:

Bring shit to be comfy,at the least a blanket or tarp. If I have an outdoor date I always pack a roll mat to sit on, a down blanket and an alcohol stove.

Which brings me to my second point, have a back up . Including food so don't rely on you catching something.

Generally be thoughtful just like aky date. If you re gonna be out after dark pack a torch for her , that kind of stuff
>>
>>719289
Thanks
>>
Bring beer or wine, whatever you two prefer. Just enjoy.
>>
>>719300
Uh, neither of us are 21 so that's probably a no-go
>>
>>719276
Seconding this. Bring a cooler with food and drinks along with something to sit on and you have a good afternoon/evening date. Don't forget proper clothing, a hat and sunscreen for your neck.
>>
>>719253
This but stay confident. Nothing wrong with learning things from her. As long as you are confident and you dont make it seem like you're ashamed a girl knows more than you, you'll be fine. You're not going to impress her with your fishing skills but you can impress her with your personality/integrity.
>>
Thanks to all who offered advice! I must leave now.
>>
>>719266
I like the synthetic blood worms but actual blood worms are the best if you ask me also some states (most I know of) require fishing permits unless you are to young to post on here so try not to get a ticket. Also no need to bump on out as the other anon said this board is slow enough that it can be a day or so after op before the first reply.

Bring pliers, learn to tie the knots for hook attachment, bring appropriate weights/bobbers depending on where and how you are fishing, bring a knife, snacks, and maybe some music.
>>
>>719304
Are your parents seriously that obnoxious?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.