[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bug Out Bags Anything I seem to be missing? I have a get home
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mipack.png (1 MB, 1450x1077) Image search: [Google]
mipack.png
1 MB, 1450x1077
Bug Out Bags

Anything I seem to be missing?
I have a get home bag which only contains essentials but could be made to stretch for about a week and a half. main issue I found when trying to camp with just my bag is usually issues with water. Being able to purify it at least 3 different ways is a necessity. and dont expect to be remotely comfortable if you dont have a bottle that holds a decent amount of liquid. having to go back to your water source every hour or so is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>719085
You don't need more stuff, you need less.
>>
I'll bite.

You don't need a limb saw and the chain saw. Your rain poncho could be incorporated into your shelter to cut down on the supplies needed for shelter. A USB fan? No, ask me how I know this thread is bait. You don't need a one way radio if your 2 way will cover the same bands. You don't need an extra roll of cordage.

2 much stuff/10

If you're really that attached to this stuff, go cache it at your bug out location.

No gun. No firestarter. No knife.
>>
>>719085
>USB Fan (For Comfort)
Since when was a Bug Out meant to be comfortable?
>>
>>719134
It's to cool him down from the strain of hiking with 80lbs of gear.
>>
>>719085
>gps but no map & compass
I realise you've done a few things to protect the GPS and have ways to recharge it but you still need map & compass as backup.
>>
>>719134
He's obviously an overweight kneckbeard that isn't used to being without air condition
>>
Love how everyone's plan for SHTF is to "bug out". I mean what do you expect to be safe from out there all vulnerable with all those other faggots with your 3days supply sacks of bullshit. You'll be a wave of irritable migrants.

Be a man, stand your ground, fight for your community.
>>
>>719311
It's just some kit so you can be outdoors for a while and have the stuff you need ready to go. It's an option you create for yourself. It doesn't mean it's guaranteed you will bug out. You just have the ability to do it of necessary. Some people with bug out bags also have som bug in options.
>>
>>719311
Fuck my community. Fuck the US. I can easily say if I woke up tomorrow and 90% of Americans were dead I wouldn't care. This country is full of ignorant scum.
>>
>>719426
This. I love my country, but I simply cannot stand most of the people here. Everyone's too occupied with their day-to-day bullshit, almost nobody has an eye to the future or a care for their fellow humans. As long as they've got their conveniences, they could give two shits about the bigger picture. Fuck it. Fuck it all.
>>
>>719085
Two Sawyers with their accessories and an entire roll of duct tape... two weeks worth of sea rations. Wow.

Why don't you start by figuring out what your plan is, and gather just what you need to get there?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.