[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rifle Hunting & Hunting rifles...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15
File: Henry-Big-Boy-Brass.png (336 KB, 1771x437) Image search: [Google]
Henry-Big-Boy-Brass.png
336 KB, 1771x437
For a long time my father has been asking me to go hunting with him but one thing has always stopped me: I lacked the money to buy or rent a firearm and take the necessary safety courses. This year I got a tax refund over $2000.00 and decided this would be the year I surprise him. His birthday is in August so I figure I'll take a picture of myself in hunting garb w/ the rifle I buy and write "we are hunting this year" on the back.

My problem is I know almost nothing about hunting, firearms, and being an outdoorsman. I don't know how to find rifle ranges to try before I buy in my area nor do I know how to find hunter safety classes/websites with legitimate information for state. I'm hoping you guys can educate me and anybody else who wants to hunt but knows nothing a little bit by answering our questions.

So to start things off, where would a Wisconsinite find legitimate and up-to-date information regarding hunting? What are some good entry-level hunting rifles to consider/why are they worth considering? I'm sure I'll have more questions after getting some answers and I'm hoping others with questions will ASK THEM HERE.

Thanks in advance.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
gonna bump once more for interest; good luck o.p.
>>
Google, Faggot.
>>
Stay out of the woods, there's skinwalkers.
>>
Britfag here, maybe try on k for gear and carry rumination , but doesn't seem so complicated.

Decide what you want to hunt
Google licence / tag / seasons etc
Buy appropriate gun for hunting you want to do.

Buy whatever you like man just do some internet reading and see what fancies you.

If I could I'd start with a .223, .308, or similar rifle calibre bolt action, maybe a .45-70 or .44 mag lever action for funs, but what do I know as a noguns anon.
>>
What are you hunting? What is the lay of the land you'll be hunting on?
>>
A 308 or 30-06 can kill just about anything. The most important thing is shot placement. Is your Dad an experienced hunter?

I would personally go with the 308. There's more options out there for ammo and it's cheaper at least in my area. For $2K you could easily get an AR10. The Smith & Wesson M&P10 and Ruger SR762 are probably your best options for under $2K.

If you want a standard looking hunting rifle, you could go with an auto loading Browning BAR MK III, or a bolt action Remington 700. They come in various caliber sizes. Go to your local sporting goods store that sells guns or a FFA and ask which caliber is best for you. Then get a good optic. I recommend getting one from Vortex. They make the best glass for their price range.
>>
>>719327 here again

To answer your questions regarding information, google "FFA <your zip code>" in Google to find your closest firearms dealer. They will answer any questions you have and always have brochures and knowledge about nearby training courses, shooting ranges, etc. Just stop by or give them a call. if you stop by, you can hold a few different rifles in your hands. Some people like heavy ones because it absorbs the recoil. Others like light weight guns because it's easier to carry and hold steady for accuracy. I personally like a 9-11lb rifle (with optics).
>>
Your state department of wildlife will have hunter safety courses, give them a call if you can't find your way through the website. They'll teach you all you need to know. In Ohio it's a 2 day course and I don't remember it costing me anything.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/
>>
>>719012
I'd look at getting a bolt action gun for your first hunting rifle. .308, .243, .30-06, .270, and .25-06 are all good calibers that can take a large variety of game. .308 and .30-06 are probably the most popular out of those. An older used rifle from a local pawn shop / gun store can be just as good (or better) than brand new rifles. Most people don't use or shoot their guns very often and if they've kept up with some basic maintenance then a gun can be in near-perfect condition at 30+ years old.

Expect to spend $300-$700 on the rifle. You will also want a scope, budget $200-$500 for a decent scope. Get a hunting license, take the required hunter's education course (if it's necessary in your state), buy 100-200 rounds of ammo and go spend some time on a gun range practicing, then buy some hunting gear with any leftover money you have.
>>
File: Ruger-Scout-1.jpg (12 KB, 640x221) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-Scout-1.jpg
12 KB, 640x221
>>719012
hey I'm not a hunter but I would suggest talking to your state fish and game department. Start off on their website maybe. You could call I guess and they could probably hook you up with some decent places. Firing ranges I'd just look up. I'd see if they offer a range session with an instructor after you finish the safety classes. They also might be able to suggest places that do those.

for hunting I'd think a 0.308 or 30.06 round is a good choice. I find the 0.308 is easy to manage with decent power. In that regard I had been looking up rifles at one point and I think the ruger gunsite scout is a nice all around rifle. It's a bolt action with magazine. good power at 0.308. good for attaching an open site to. Think it runs around $1000. I think it'd be a nice choice for /out/ utility. ruger is well regarded. A lever action repeater might be a fun choice too. I understand they are a decent deer hunting rifle. Henry rifles are supposed to be decent enough.
>>
>>719555

That's an inaccurate rifle for it's price range. I've yet to find a blog or video of somebody getting less than 2 MOE at 300 yards.
>>
Fellow Wisconsinite... Unless you know exactly where you'll be hunting, you probably should talk to your father before you go buy a rifle as areas of Wisconsin are shotgun only.

You'll also need to take hunters safety. Just go to the DNR website. They explain all this stuff, just read the regulations.

I know you want this to be a surprise and all but your father is likely the best resource you will ever have on this stuff. And he'll gladly help you out. Just for consideration, he may even enjoy helping you figure this stuff out more than you just showing up ready to hunt. My Dad was instrumental in getting me into hunting and he truly enjoyed helping me, going to look at rifles and all that stuff. I believe that was a large part of the fun for him. I look forward to doing the same with my future kid(s).

But because you asked and I love me rifles, I'd recommend a .308 bolt action or a .30-30 lever action (I know its not in style anymore but its more than adequate for the 50 yard shots everyone in Wisconsin actually takes). I wouldn't recommend a .30-06 or .270 or larger if you haven't done much shooting - recoil might be a bit much at first. I'd also recommend a wood stocked gun as opposed to a bottom end synthetic black plastic as wood tends to be better balanced and heavier which helps with recoil.

So in the $500 to $1000 range, I'd say a Marlin 336 in .30-30 or Remington 700, Browning X-Bolt, or my personal favorite, a Winchester Model 70 (dat sexy smooth action) all in .308. And then throw a $200-250 Nikon, Vortex, or Leupold 3x-9x scope on it.
>>
Perfect first gun is the Sako 85 Finnlight

>lightweight 6lb
>accurate (less than 1 MOA at 100 yards
>only costs $1,500

I'd get the .308 Winchester or the .30-06 Springfield. Once you get some experience firing rifles and hunting, you can get a .300 Winchester Magnum that will drop anything. I've seen it drop a 1,500lb Moose in 1 shot to the neck. Best thing about it is you can buy it at any sporting goods store.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/BERETTA-SAKO-FINNLIGHT-ST-RIFLES/1774820.uts
>>
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight is an accurate weapon that can be found for less than $1,000. Go witha .308 or .30-06. I vote the '06 because you can use heavier bullets making it more versatile as a all around caliber, but it has a bigger boom and more recoil, but not much. Spend the rest of your budget on a good Vortex scope.
>>
>>719012
Stop fucking around and get your hunters safety, it will clear up almost all of your confusion

And >>719616 is right, chances are you will need to get a shotgun, you can get just a slug gun or a smoothbore if you want to keep it versatile for bird
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 640x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 640x208
Get a scar with acog, also make sure to get a pvs-14. There are skin walkers out there, stay safe
>>
Honestly anon, ask your dad for advice. It'll be a manly bonding thing. Trust me. You will turn that weapon and experience into something truly special if he helps you along the way.
>>
>>719336
Listen to this guy, this is where to start.
>>
Short Answer - Get a CZ 455 and glass that costs AT LEAST as much as what you pay for the rifle.

Why? - As a hunter, your first rifle should always be a bunny-buster. Cheap to shoot, something to practice the fundamentals with and at a few cents a pop you can't go wrong.

The 455 is renowned for it's quality and consistency and 22lr is the ideal cartridge for someone who doesn't want to fuck themselves up by diving into moderate recoil right off the bat.

This rifle will encourage you to be a better hunter and will shoot the cock of a cockroach with good quality ammo.

Once you are ready to move on to larger game consider a .243 and a 30 cal.

Cheers.
>>
File: have-you-seen-these-doubles.png (576 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
have-you-seen-these-doubles.png
576 KB, 600x476
>>719322
Deer will be what we'll be hunting. I know there are a lot of options out there but chances are we'll be hunting deer in Wisconsin and then going up for the season in Upper Michigan where my uncle has about 60 acres he wants to convert into a farm.

>>719336
>>719616
>>719636
>>719750
Alright, thanks very much. I appreciate that advice.

>>719616
I know the area in Wi. I'll be hunting in and it does accept rifles. I have not been up to my uncle's new 60 acres and will ask him about the hunting laws there.

>>719762
>>719646
>>719635
>>719555
>>719327
>>719308
>>719338
>>719631
>>719616
Thanks for the recommendations! I should mention that ( as far as I know ) it is illegal to use .22LR to hunt deer but I'll consider the other calibers. My father recommended Henry because their deer-hunting caliber rifles are supposed to be great at dealing with recoil but I'm not sure how I feel about the looks/designs of the gun. I'd love for you guys to keep pitching recommendations if you could. I will ask that we avoid anything tactical looking though simply because tactical-looking firearms tend to put him on edge.

>>719616
I'm not against shotguns and would actually be very interested in trying different kinds of shotguns. This is especially true for an over-under double-barrel shotty. Do you have any shotgun recommendations?

>>719599
pic related.
>>
>>719012
So for your dads birthday you are buying yourself a rifle?
What a humongous faggot you are.
Also >>>/k/
>>
>>719887
I'll make a thread in /k/ but given I'm talking about hunting/sporting firearms and NOT weapons I'm pretty sure /k/ is the wrong place to ask.
>>
>>719934

>i'm posting about firearms
>so a board about firearms is a bad place to post
>>
>>719012
would suggest anything in .308. common and can buy milslurp shit in bulk too. if you dont want to horde for the apocalypse and will just get a few boxes when you need then i would also suggest .243, .270, 7mm, and 30-06. both the .243 and .270 are high velocity flat shooting cartridges. pretty nice. would also suggest just get any bolt action from a large reputable manufacturer. ruger, marlin, remington, etc. yes even remshit is fine for the beginner occasional hunter. all will be more accurate than you. if a scope is needed dont cheap out. nikkon seems to be a fantastic bang for the buck as optics go.
just a quick off the top of my head list of a few manufacturers.
budget tier
NEF

cheap tier
remington, ruger, marlin

mid tier
tikka

high tier
sako

also consider finding a good used lever 30-30. they are fantastic deer guns, for shorter range, innawoods hunting.
>>
>>719555
Just looked at your gun and while I would need to leave my comfort zone to buy it I am certainly going to see if I can try it at a local range. It does seem like it has some accuracy issues depending on what it is chambered for ( saw it miss a lot when using one ammo type but it shined with the 5.56 NATO rounds ) so I'll have to figure out which munitions I could utilize best. I just wanted to really thank you for recommending this beautiful yet seemingly functional piece.
>>
>>720018
please please don't buy a ruger scout for hunting you've received loads of legit advise on here don't listen to the dingus.
>>
>>720029
I'm just gonna try it out. I don't want to buy anything before I try it and you all have given me a good selection to try before I buy.
>>
>>719937
There's enough overlap that it's legit.
>>
>>719885
There are a few reasons why 22LR is so popular and is recommended for new shooters.

1) It's low powered and there is no jacket over the lead so it doesn't wear out the barrel or other parts of the rifle and will last several lifetimes.

2) It is inexpensive (depending on where you get it.)

3) Shooting technique is pretty much the same no matter what size cartridge you are using. Because the .22LR doesn't require a large range (100 yards is more than enough) it's a cheap and easy way to put in a lot of practice time and develop your skills so that when you take the larger, more expensive shots you'll have plenty of experience putting lead on target.

4) It's inexpensive.

5) If you ever want to hunt small game or get rid of pests you'll have the right tool at your disposal.

6) It's inexpensive.
>>
>>720145
All that is true but its what is also true is that it is illegal to hunt large game with. So that really doesn't work for OP.
>>
>>719762
>glass that costs AT LEAST as much as what you pay for the rifle
Oh that meme... That was true back in the 60s and 70s. Optics especially mid-level optics have vastly improved to the point that a $250 Nikon is all you'll ever need for midwest whitetail hunting. If you're going to be shooting F-class or mulies at 500+ yards, sure spring for a Swarovski or whatever.
>>
>>720159
OP doesn't actually know how to shoot. There's a progression from non-shooter to being accurate enough to hit a vital organ on a deer, and most people start with a .22 or other rimfire cartridge. Doesn't matter if OP never actually hunts with it, all he has to do is put in enough shots to be comfortable taking a living animal without completely botching the job. Also, there's probably plenty of rabbits and other small game on that property. Even a used bolt action .22LR would be adequate and cost less than $150.
>>
>>720176
I'll have plenty of time to practice before the hunting season begins in my state. It is true I don't yet know how to shoot but I'm certain I'll be able to learn how to use my rifle or shotgun by the time hunting season rolls around.
>>
>>720176
I think .22 is overrated as a training round for adults. Adults already have fully developed the strength and coordination necessary to shoot a gun (not that you don't have to teach but they can handle a rifle and recoil no problem once you show them how).
>>
>>720194
Cost-wise it's more economical (except maybe for bulk surplus 5.56,) and there are definitely adults who develop a flinch because they didn't hit the progression properly. Plus, OP gets another rifle out of it.
>>
File: DSCF0042.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0042.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
>>719885
OP, if it's deer you're after. Shoot for a bolt action in 30 cal. If you have your heart set on a lever action. The same 3 rifles for small, medium and large game applies.

Here are my recs for that

- Browning BL22: Small game

- Marlin 1894 or 336 (either current production or JM stamp check the serial numbers because 06-09 marlins are shithouse): Medium game

- Marlin 1895g: Large game or medium game in thick bush

The Henry's are beautiful, fantastic actions however I agree the aesthetics are more suited to CAS, more of a collector's item. I would be hesitant to take it into the scrub, but by all accounts they function flawlessly in the field too.

Your most versatile option is probably going to be the 1894 in 44 mag. You can load it up and down and anywhere in between for just about any game you're likely to come across. Just make sure you get a good one and invest in some reloading equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJmLhASdD7o

good luck.
>>
File: Mosin.jpg (38 KB, 400x373) Image search: [Google]
Mosin.jpg
38 KB, 400x373
This
>>
>>719885
Other considerations are going to be, Price (lever action options will be cheaper in quality:price ratios) Weight (lever actions are going to weigh a lot less and are going to be a lot handier in the field than your standard bolt action rifle) and the overall terrain and conditions you'll be doing most of your hunting in. Where I'm at, the scrub is thick and I'm not interested in getting hung up in sclerophyll with a long heavy rifle.

Seems like your old man is a lever guy. Have a chat with him about it.
>>
>>720204
>Cost-wise it's more economical

Not any more thanks to panic buying.
>>
Depending on how old you are, you'll have to take a hunter safety course, which you can find on the DNR website. Seeing as this is glorious Wis/k/onsin, getting a gun involves a sheet of paperwork and you're done. However, if you've never shot a gun, it isn't a good idea to go all out. A Savage bolt action in .308 will be enough for any animal in the state and enough reach for hunting fields. If you know someone with a .22, ask them to teach you how to shoot. It isn't just "point gun, eat venison".

Being a woodsman doesn't matter much for the average deer hunter here. Most guys are a short walk from the truck. If you're going to be in thicker country and off the beaten path, knowing how to start a fire and build a small shelter might be handy, but considering that you'll be in a hunting party, they'll come looking when you don't return to deer camp. The best thing to do if you do get lost is stay put so it doesn't get worse. I've built up some bushcraft skills from being in the woods every deer season since I was 12, but a lot of times, I'm an hour's walk in the woods. Last year was the comfiest, I hunted over an area that was recently logged, so I had nice roads for the ATV.

Keep carrying on the good old WI tradition of removing road hazards.
>>
Another thing, if you want to get into bird hunting but can't afford to buy two guns, get a 12 gauge shotgun. You can pick one up for $400 or less and hunt anything with it. If I had to pick one gun out of my collection to stay with me for life, it would be the shotgun.
>>
>>719887
Suck a shit. We are on /out/ -- the bastard offspring of /k/ and /an/. This thread is about using /k/ to get /an/ so it's a perfect fit.
>>
>>719934
>hunting/sporting firearms
>not weapons
Does wood furniture make a gun less deadly? This is the kind of mentality that erodes our second amendment rights. If you want to hunt, you better start caring about those scary black assault rifles, too.
>>
>>720687
Yeah, definitely shotgun. Rifles need barrel change after x thousand rounds through them. Shotguns do not. Something to consider... But he should get a semi automatic shotgun, benelli is a good brand.
>>
Skimmed thread and didnt see any suggestions for a weatherby. Thefuck m8s
>>
File: weatherby-orion-1.jpg (52 KB, 1600x488) Image search: [Google]
weatherby-orion-1.jpg
52 KB, 1600x488
>>720684
<3 I promise to get as many deer as I can.

>>720687
>>720714
I was looking around online at some shotguns and I found a very nice looking over/under by Weatherby ( Orion I model, pic related ) with great reviews that I could buy locally for a few hundred less than the MSRP. The problem was it is an over/under model and I've been told not to use slugs ( rifled or sabot ) in O/U shotguns. Is that because you can't predict the slugs path? What do you guys think of O/U?
>>
>>720851
O/U is stupid, get a pump or semi auto.
>>
File: 11104730063_c0e1e959e7_b.jpg (835 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
11104730063_c0e1e959e7_b.jpg
835 KB, 1024x768
>>720851
Really bad idea. Over Unders are strictly bird guns. Barrels are smooth bore so your accuracy will suffer. And it will suffer even more as the point of impact between barrels will be different (although generally they are supposed to roughly converge at 40 or so yards). Field model over unders are relatively light so with 1 1/4 oz slugs the recoil is going to be heavy. Like a "HOLY SHIT" kind of heavy.

Basically, there are reasons people don't do that.

Everyone is saying that a shotgun is great dual purpose gun (and it is) but if you can legally use a rifle for hunting, get a rifle. There is no reason to use a shotgun. Rifles are just simply so much better than shotguns for big game hunting.
>>
>>721410
Depending on the hunting location (sounds like mostly wooded), a shotgun would probably suffice for OP, but I do agree that a rifle is better for things that aren't birds. I just suggested a shotgun in case he's a poorfag and wants to hunt birds, too. Grouse, pheasant, and fowl hunting are almost as big as deer hunting here in WI. He could get two barrels, one rifled and one smoothbore.

OP, don't listen to any fudds (your dad sounds kind of like one) and get a 7mm or some shit, .308 is the biggest you should go.
>>
File: 1458867752608.jpg (117 KB, 768x573) Image search: [Google]
1458867752608.jpg
117 KB, 768x573
>>721410
ew look at dat purple fringing m8. maybe invest in a decent camera before you buy another muh gun
>>
>>721416
>Implying I'm left handed
>>
>>721415
Well you are not wrong in assuming I'm a poorfag so I'm more than happy to look at Shotguns. I hadn't really considered them before making this thread. Outside of the Mossberg company ( I have made it a point to try their shotguns at the range ) do you have recommendations around $1000.00 American.
>>
>>721439
Woah, bud. Don't spend $1000 on a shotgun. The older Remington Wingmasters were good, but Remington had some QC issues. I'm not sure how they are now, my Marlin Model 60 .22 was made last year and Remington owns them and it's alright, so maybe they fixed the problems. Mossberg is a very respectable company, though. Don't spend more than $600 on the shotgun.

Stick to a local gun store, I don't like buying from big-box stores. You can generally haggle or at least get a box of ammo thrown in with the purchase.
>>
>>719012
buy a mosin for 200
you can get an online hunter safety course for 25$
the other 1775$ spend on ammo for mosin
>>
>>721552
Go back to your 54r general. $200 for a Mosin is bullshit and OP wants something that doesn't require using a board to open the bolt.
>>
>>721416
Wow get your autism in check buddy no need to spaz out over chromatic aberrations!
>>
File: geeps.jpg (11 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
geeps.jpg
11 KB, 261x195
>>721765
well, it's distracting
>>
>>721439
A good pump action shotgun can be had for under $400 brand new. I got my Mossberg 500 for under $300 brand new a couple years back and even convinced them to throw in an extra choke with the gun.
>>
>>721770

only to an autist.
>>
File: 20151229_221124.jpg (330 KB, 2865x1279) Image search: [Google]
20151229_221124.jpg
330 KB, 2865x1279
Sako .308 for hogs, elk, and whatever large animal

Browning BL-22 for squirrels, birds, rabbits, small animals.

I'm getting a shotgun in a few months for duck hunting. Thinking of an over under or side by side.
>>
Saw talk of some Inland Manufacturing "replica" firearms over at /k/. Their shotgun ( pic related ) seems like a decent choice. If it is legal and you felt like it I suppose you could use one of their .30 carbines.
>>
>>720176
Fuck off. My first rifle was an SVT shooting 7.62x54, if your a man you don't need to start learning on a little .22.
>>
>>721599
Easy now. Lots of deer have been taken with a Mosin or SKS, there cheap and they work.
>>
>>722118
I killed a LOT of feral pigs here in TX with my SKS before I bought my FNAR. 7.62x39 is fine for medium sized game out to 150yds or so I'd say, as long as you're accurate enough with the rifle to consistently hit a 5" diameter target at those distances of course.
>>
>>722009
>O/U / SxS
>hunting
Why do people do this? Do you hate having more than two shots?
>>
>>722378
I like simple guns anon, easy to clean and easy to use. If you are dove hunting and need more than two shots at any given second you are doing it wrong. Plus having special chokes for barrels is nice.
>>
michigan fag here. the across the bridge rifles are allowed but id strongly suggest you go get yourself a remington 870. i picked one up a couple years back with both barrels and brand NIB for like 350$ it will easily bring down any deer within 50 yrds and if you have never hunted before you probably wont hit them at 300 yards if you even see them depending on undergrowth and how open the trees are, if you have 2k to drop you could get a ruger 10/22 which has the best action in the world according to the ENTIRE GUN INDUSTRY as well as a decent muzzleloader and a 870 mag and be able to hunt every season and any game around. i once loaned a buddy a 30-06 to take to go up north and he ended up using his dads extra 870 because he just didnt need 300 yrd range.
TLDR
get a remington 870 mag. i hunt what you will hunt and unless you are shooting over 100 yards there is literally no reason to get a rifle.
>>
File: CUX8KQAWoAEhqRS.jpg (45 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
CUX8KQAWoAEhqRS.jpg
45 KB, 600x336
>>722378
>Do you hate having more than two shots
>implying you need more than one
>>
>>722504
>durrrr you only need one shot
Because you never miss, right?
>>
>>723196
Not even a hunter but I assume if you miss the first shot you don't really get a good chance at a second
>>
>>723197
Depends. Where I hunt deer, they've had so little contact with humans that if I shoot and miss, they'll just look around and try to figure out what that loud noise was or walk away.
>>
>>723196
>>723232
How bad a shot are you to evidently
miss multiple stationary deer?
>>
>>723246
Le SAS stealth ninja guided bullets never misses
>>
>>722378
Hey idiot, he said he wanted something for duck hunting.

>hunting ducks with anything other than a break action shotgun with a barrel length of at least 28 inches.
>>
>>720612
Good post.
Only thing I would change.
Get the guide gun in 45/70.
True versitility regarding power.
Easy loads all the way up to a load that will take down any animal on the planet, including the big 5.
>>
>>723246
>hunting a logging cut last year
>deer is 200 yards out
>not used to such a long shot
>miss first shot
Not everyone is Chris Kyle.
>>
>>719012
50 cal muzzleloader
>>
>719599

Horseshit. Shoot the appropriate bullet for the barrel twist. AKA RTFM
>>
>>723654
>not 70 cal
It's like you don't want to kill a polar bear
>>
>>720029

Also horseshit. The only reason not to use it for hunting is if your state has round limits. If that's the case, you buy a smaller mag.
>>
dependent on what your hunting and your local laws i would recommend
rifle = tikka t3 in .243 / 308 / 30.06
shotgun = remington 870
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.