[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a bear bite through a human skull?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
Can a bear bite through a human skull?
>>
>>718058
Yes
>>
>>718058
If it can get its mouth around it, probably.

>Be hiking
>Alone
>See a bear on the trail
>It notices me
>Remember to lay down and curl into a ball
>Decide to not do that because fear
>Start getting really fucking mad
>Bear starts meandering towards me
>Bring up my walking stick and charge the bear while yelling
>Bear stumbles and looks confused and starts running away
>Stop yelling but continue the pursuit
>Bear slows down because it cant hear me
>Turns around
>Sees me
>Literally shits itself and bolts up the mountain
>Throw rocks at it while calling it a pussy

Black bears are bitches.
>>
>>718083
Sure thing bub
>>
>>718089
Black bears are bitch pansies, if they think you're not worth the effort, they'll fuck right off. Grizzlys, however, will kill you just for fun. The only time its safe to charge a bear is when its a black bear or a gay bear, because they tend to be jolly.
>>
Black bears are bitches. 80% of their diet is plants/veggies and they don't bother humans that much unless you come between their cubs or around their territory. Brown bears are more aggressive but I hardly see them. I've lost count of how many black bears I've run into, but only 3 brown bears. On how 3 occurrences, they didn't run when I yelled "Hey bear!" and they stood up and held their ground. I have to use my bear spray, although they've never been close enough to get hit by it. I guess the sound scares them, or they've been sprayed before and know what it is.
>>
>>718058
Find out for us
>>
>>718092
You know black bears kill people right? I hate when idiots spread the idea that black bears are pussies and arnt dangerous. Every year black bears attack and kill somone in Ontario.
>>
>>718112
Canadians aren't people.
>>
>>718115
>Canadians aren't people.
This
>>
They probably could but I can't imagine them actively trying to. They usually go for the liver first and that's what kills you if you're not already dead.
>>
>>718115
And Americans couldn't take proto Canadians when you tried us in 1812 bitch. What does that say about you fuccboi?
>>
>>718096
They stand up to see and hear better. It also enables them to get more scent. It has nothing to do with standing their ground. They aren't american fags shooting Trayvons from their assault pocket clip
>>
>>718089
>>718092
No, black bears really are little pussies. Whenever I go to Minnesota I always spook them. They're basically cats.

Never encountered a grizzly, but from what I understand you can still scare them away by standing up tall, ringing a goddamn bell, etc

If nothing else works, you are a retard for not bringing your sidearm innawoods with grirees
>>
File: 1445228730994.jpg (97 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
1445228730994.jpg
97 KB, 700x520
>>718092
>the only time its safe to charge a bear

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
>>
File: kek slam.jpg (242 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
kek slam.jpg
242 KB, 1000x667
>>718083
>Throw rocks at it while calling it a pussy

i giggled like a bitch
>>
>>718159
One of his examples was a homosexual man, which I'd argue is fairly safe to charge, especially in the figurative sense.
>>
The reason I ask is because what if you're lying down like they advise you to and the bear just bites right through the back of your head and removes half your brain?
>>
>>718155

>ringing a bell

This doesn't scare bears, and you gotta use something like a cowbell or else either A. they cant hear it or B. they are interested by the tinkling noise. If anything, wearing a cowbell simply lets a bear know you are approaching. the worst thing you can do is surprise a bear.
>>
>>718083
Heh, my friend's dad was telling me about one time he was bowhunting in Colorado with a buddy of his. They were in an area that had a pretty sizeable bear population and my friend's dad noticed a black bear wandering up from behind while they were sitting in their ground blind. He whispered, "hey, there's a bear coming up behind us" to which his friend just replied with, "we're not hunting bears." They didn't do anything and the bear ended up wandering off after a little bit. The funny thing is the guy my friend's dad was hunting with is deathly afraid of snakes but apparently doesn't give a single fuck about encountering bears.
>>
>>718144
54 40 or fight. that's why the warmer half of canada (and Alaska) are now in the US
>>
>>718512
You bought Alaska from the ruskies and you didn't take a single bit of land from us faggot. You morns came here thinking we would roll easy and you were ref aged by a woman's word and a bunch of shitskins basically.
>>
File: canada.png (6 KB, 578x182) Image search: [Google]
canada.png
6 KB, 578x182
>>718144
>And Americans couldn't take proto Canadians when you tried us in 1812 bitch.

You call British and French "proto"
>>
>>718115
>:'(
>Canadian lives matter.
>>
>>718115
Yeah, Canadians are actually a species of redwood that makes a soft cooing sound.
>>
>>718147
Some ones got freedom envy
>>
>>718709
Which is exactly what Canada was founded by.
>>
>>718792
No one is jealous of muritards freedumbs
>>
>>718709
Americans were repelled by natives, French and the English. So yes, proto Canadians. Is that really so hard to understand. Likely for you, being American it is
>>
>>718709
That's like saying the 13 colonies weren't proto-American because they were British and a few Dutch. Please stop living down to your nation's stereotype.

>>718829
>freedom envy
Meh. You have somewhat better free speech and anti religion laws on paper and I like republics, but in practice your country is a train wreck. I do think our gun control laws are excessive, but I have to concede that I have the de facto freedom to walk the streets at night without needing one.
>>
>>718840
>need
I don't know if it's funny or sad that people who have never been free constantly return to "not needing" God given rights as if it is actually justifies being told what inanimate objects you can put on your person.
>>
>>718844
One look at our gun crime statistics confirms our system works.
>>
>>718147
Lmao
>>
>>718155
>sidearm for killing bears
whats next shooting guns in space?
>>
>>718967
I topkeked also.
>>
>>718092
Black bears get to about 60 kg and will prefer to run away.

I scarred brown bears without much effort.

Basically bears are opportunistic hunters(as in go for easy prey when it presents itself) so unless they are protecting their young(again a mother bear will prefer to just avoid you) or in mating season(males at this time get a bit douchy) or desperate for food(this is 2 nd dangerous cause they will literally hunt you) they will prefer easy targets not targets that charge at you screaming like some demented chimp on ecstasy.
>>
>>718844
>God given rights
>B-but GOD said I could have a gunnn!
Wow. Just fucking wow, dude. I feel bad for you.
>>
>>718966
>gun crime
>my policies don't actual reduce violent crime, so I'll just cherry pick as hard as I can

If you actually pay attention to historical crime rates, gun control in Australia, Britain and Canada did nothing to effect them.
>>
>>718058
Yes.
>>
>>719459
Canadian fag here, to get a firearms license we are required to undergo safe handling training and are required to have safe storage. Background and mental health checks also required. So I would say yes our policies keep guns out of the hands of idiots whereas America tards leave their guns everywhere so children can shoot themselves
>>
File: gunstats3.png (1 MB, 1970x1290) Image search: [Google]
gunstats3.png
1 MB, 1970x1290
>>718966
>One look at our gun crime statistics
>>
>>718840
>>718840
>somewhat better free speech laws
>somewhat better free speech laws
>>
>>718144
Aww, is that what they taught you in history to assure you of your relevance? It's okay, we both kicked the shit out each other hence quid pro quo. Back to your cold ass barren country with you now.
>>
>>719456
You really need to get better educated, it doesn't literally mean that god came down from from heaven and was all like Ohhhh Washington, you're soo long dick style, your people should have military salt riffelz! Your Canadian's asshurt is so tangible, my glass of water just started boiling all the way down here.
>>
>>719606
Your homicide rates aren't any lower than when you didn't have any of those laws.
>>
>>721960
The point is you couldn't annex us you dumb piece of shit. We won with less soldiers and resources merely by denying you what you wanted.
>>
>>721965
Citation needed
>>
>>721964
Except the US is or was a largely christian country and believe/believed in manifest destiny. At the time they literally believed it was a God given right, from God himself.
>>
>>721973
Targeting Guns, Gary Kleck, Aldine Transaction, 1997, at 360

Canadian Firearms Legislation and Effects on Homicide 1974 to 2008, Caillin Langmann, Journal of Interpersonal Violence, September 30, 2011

For whatever reason, I can only find sources that are in actual books and journals.

I'll keep digging though.
>>
>>721976
There's a reason the founders didn't mention God when it came to rights.

Mostly because of Oliver Cromwell and how well the Puritan Interregnum had gone.

Anyway, the idea of a religious origin to political thought is pretty ancient. Just about everything the Roman Republic did was guided by religious ceremony.
>>
>>718058
Does lying down like that work?
>>
>>721995
>Often, bears will feed on other large animals when they encounter a carcass, whether or not the carcass is claimed by, or is the kill of, another predator.

Does it sound like a good strategy to play dead?
>>
>>719016
You can shoot guns in space. The entire occupation of space cowboy is based around this activity you retard.
>>
>>722084
it could work well in case of a territorial attack by a well fed bear.
he would come back later to eat you but then you will be home by then.
>>
>>718058
with out a doubt fucking yes
>>
>>718058

"Grizzly bears are especially dangerous because of the strength of their bite, which has been measured at over 8 megapascals (1160 psi). It has been estimated that a bite from a grizzly could crush a bowling ball".

Pitbulls and roti's are 250-300psi

Do you think your 2mm thick skull would stand a chance?
>>
>>720837
this graph makes no sense, i doubt england has the highest gun homicide rates, and also wtf the bars dont correspond to countries
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.