[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
200 years ago hunters made more than doctors. Now hunting is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1456871533264.jpg (44 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1456871533264.jpg
44 KB, 709x765
200 years ago hunters made more than doctors. Now hunting is nothing but a hobby. Kill me now for being born in the wrong era.
>>
You were born in the right era to post Pepes though! Look at the bright side.
>>
>>717185
Fur trade was at its peak, had nothing to do with the hunting. and lots of those animals went to waste besides the pelts. realistically it was pretty disgusting, glad I don't have to live in such a barbaric era, where just taking the skin off something and leaving the rest to rot is seen as okay, and your testicles are an extension of your brain.
>>
>>717190
how many months have you been on hrt?
>>
>hunters made more than doctors

that's like saying rock bands make more than lawyers.

sure, some rock bands strike it big, but on the whole it's the lawyers who are making a steady stream of cash

a lot of those pioneers, hunters, frontiersmen etc died dude, like died died, of dysentery and exposure and fucking wild animals and other nasty shit.

it wasn't like hunting today where you drive out into the wilderness in your f150, set up camp and hang out for a week with your heavy goose down or synthetic parka and your precision rifle and boxes of beef jerky and capri sun. no, hunters 200 years ago were either using shit bows, or had a fucking one shot musket, and to stay warm they were packing like 20 lbs of fucking coyote pelts on a coat, every day having to face the russians dilemma of whether they should eat their last potato or let it ferment so they can get a buzz going before they starve to death.

it wasn't some romantic, heroic adventure. you spent 3 months on a fucking boat getting scurvy, then wash up on shore malnourished to find that the entire continent is a fucking forest and you forgot to bring your fucking caarpentry tools because you were going to be a quote unquote hunter.

so fuck back to your le wrong generation shit and take your mental masturbation elsewhere, because you could not hack it as a hunter 200 years ago.
>>
>>717212
>those pioneers, hunters, frontiersmen etc died dude, like died died
>like died died
stopped reading there
grow up, kid
>>
>>717213
>can't recognize ironic rhetoric
>can't comprehend the use of colloquialisms in informal writing
>can't appreciate intentional sloppiness to convey a conversational tone
>can't understand that communication is most efficacious when it is conducted in a language that the receiving party understands

damn dude. do you read?

looks like you're the minor in this discussion, kiddo.
>>
>>717238
tl;dr you patronizing little shit
>>
>>717240
you started it :/
>>
>>717238
If you're writing more words than the people you are baiting you know it's a bad shitpost/troll attempt.
>>
>>717243
get meme'd on, son
>>
>>717244
I guess he was successfully baiting me, then.

I don't really do bait; i just write posts and discuss them. It was silly of him to insinuate that he has some higher status than me, when he clearly doesn't read.

Sometimes, when you see a pleb, you just gotta tell him what for, whether he's baiting you or not.
>>
>>717185
That was when it was cool to commercially exploit a species, often to the point of extinction or critical endangerment. Thank god its more sensible nowadays. Hunting should bring you closer to the land you hunt, not a profit.
>>
If you're hunting to please them or not hunting to please them, it's to please them. Man up and hunt because you want to.
>>
>>717190
Failed to mention long hunters
Failed to mention elephant hunters
>only mention fur trade
Greasy hippy detected
>>
>>717212
Not every hunter of the time was a trapper in the deep wilderness (though these were probably the ones who could make best money if they were lucky and didn't indeed die). In (semi-) populated areas you would still make money rather than pay up on it (though probably not on the level of a doctor) and sleep in your own bed more often than not.
>>
>>717489
yeah, i guess i was thinking of canada. parts of the USA would have decent infrastructure by 1816, and the climate is much milder.

canada in 1816 was a fucking shitshow, really. we hadn't even gotten much land from the aboriginals at that point.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.