[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do castles smell like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: leeds_castle_england.jpg (32 KB, 426x282) Image search: [Google]
leeds_castle_england.jpg
32 KB, 426x282
What do castles smell like?
>>
Pizza
>>
>>716628

Earth / enclosed spaces / wet stone

Pretty comfy.

When you smell castle you smell glory of past times
>>
rape

hopefully
>>
>>716648
10/10 perfect description.
>>
File: latest.jpg (51 KB, 387x400) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
51 KB, 387x400
>>716648
when I was little I had pic related and I swear I could smell that smell when I played with it ;_;
>>
>>716648
Do you smell blood?
>>
>>716628
A slightly damp basement.
>>
>>716628
Salty milk and pennies. ...wait, that's something else entirely.
>>
>>716628
Back in the day they apparently smelled pretty fuckin disgusting, given the whole lack-of-bathing and chamber-pots-under-each-bed things. So they probably used to smell a lot like a sewer full of homeless people.
>>
>>716675
>Black Monarch
WE WUZ LEGO KANGZ
>>
File: geeps.png (10 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
geeps.png
10 KB, 261x195
>>716901
>>
>perfectly defensible old castle
>add windows

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>716628
Saint Augustine and its fort is the closest thing america got as for a castle. It didn't smell like anything. But having a fort/castle near a coast is good too cause the coastal breeze would carry away the stink.
>>
>>716855
They must've used things to neutralize the smell. Like burning candles or flowers.
>>
>>716855
That's every dwelling ever before modern sanitation.

Castles might actually be better off because they had latrines that dropped waste outside of the castle.
>>
>>716927
Yeah, incense was very popular.
>>
>>716936
Yes incest was popular.
>>
>>716927
They did, they used to have things they would hang from their necks to help with the smells. I forget what they were called, but I actually think >>716933 is probably right so castles might not have been quite so bad.
>>
Vile miasma and raw biscuits.
>>
>>716628
This is a most unusual question to ask
>>
>>716675
Have you seen how many figures you get in these things now?
You might get 3-4 in big sets.

They are more expensive to make, though, because they print on different parts of the figures now.

I'd imagine the real reason they're doing that is minifig collectors. So you have to buy just about every set in a line to get a full team.
>>
>>716628
Really depends on the condition. All of the working castles I've been to in Germany and Switzerland smell like stone, wood and old carpets.

Neuschwanstein smells like sex.

Some of the more dilapidated ones smell more organic, damp and musky.
>>
They smell like old power. Strange but I love it.
>>
>>717250
>Strange but I love it.
you love beeing ensalved? cool.
>>
>>717251
Don't pretend you don't know what I meant
>>
>>717254
>>>/hm/
>>
File: Théoden.png (581 KB, 599x434) Image search: [Google]
Théoden.png
581 KB, 599x434
>>716648
>for glory and honor
>for rohan
>>
File: 1457817762944.png (1 MB, 1200x1295) Image search: [Google]
1457817762944.png
1 MB, 1200x1295
>>716650
Does your mother know you're using the computer?
>>
>>716940
Love the smell of it
>>
>>717309
I would assume so.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.