[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetical survival game...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: op-thread-image.jpg (44 KB, 625x315) Image search: [Google]
op-thread-image.jpg
44 KB, 625x315
A natural disaster happens and you are stripped of all of your gear. You are left with $1000.00 U.S. and come across a store that has everything you'd consider buying at fair prices. Post what you would buy ( products/brands ) and how much it costs before you take your 14 day hike to the nearest safe area. If you roll dubs your budget is doubled.
>>
>>716114
If you want an introductory list for overnight gear you could just straight up ask, anon.
>>
>>716114
1) A horse
2) A cowboy hat
3) As much beef jerky as money I have left

Naked cowboy rides off into the sunset.
>>
>>716114
Let's say the store is Walmart but you can't buy anything from the outdoors section.
>>
>>716114
I don't want a list tho. I already know what I want.

>Large ( used but in good condition ) U.S. Military issue ALICE w/ frame: $50
>Two U.S. Military Issue ACU ripstop pancho: $70
>Used Mountain Bike with new tires: $250
>Two large al. or stainless water bottles: $30
>5 days Mountainhouse emergency food: $100.
>Morakniv Outdoor MG Kit aka Mora Outdoor 2000 & Mora Camp Axe in MG: $50
>Paracord spool: $20
>Reflective blanket(s): $20
>travel clothes: $80
>Ontario 499 Survival knife: $40
>CRKT Spark'n Sharp: $20
My total spending is about $730. Not sure how biking with all that would work but I figure I'd at least give it a try.
>>
>>716137
You severely underestimate how much shit costs mate.
>>
>>716158
Not at all. These are all prices that are either online currently or ( in the case of the second-hand items ) what I'd be paying at a local thrift-store. If you don't believe me feel free to search yourself.
>>
>>716114
few gallons of gasoline.
12 gauge shotgun [you said "a store"] 00 buck, maybe a box or two of bird. and 3 inch slugs.

and depending how much money i've got left.

pack of bic lighters.
fillet knife.
toothpaste with tooth brush
el-cheapo first aid kit
waterbottle/container
cheap stainless steel pot.
extra socks
pack of t-shirts
maybe an extra pair of pants.
[i assume I'm not butt ass naked. so I've got my redwings on, my hat, and my favorite pair of /out/ pants.]
10lb fishing line, and some hooks, size 12 and maybe some 2/0.
insta food, like minute rice, instant potatoes, noodles.

I'm too lazy to budget your hypothetical situation. but realistically I would buy things that will make life easier for me, for at least a week. there on, i'd become an asshole scumbag and just go around looting things, because face it, why waste money on things like canned food/toilet paper/jackets/sleeping bags/tents when most likely while you're wondering around through abandoned buildings you're gonna run into these items.. even things like lanterns. also I assume that your situation also didn't strip me of my motorcycle. hence the gas.

Basically I hide for a week or two, until all the main bulk of looting/killing and all that shit happens [it will happen, and very quickly in such situation] and also avoid contact with any sort government run action [FEMA camps, military checkpoints] basically avoid all human interaction besides people you already knew and are hiding out with.
>>
>>716114
Wtf if the world is ending why would I buy anything, if you need me to shop for you just say so
>>
>>716234
natural disaster =/= the world is ending
>>
>clothes; rainwear, insulating layers, socks, etc
>sleeping bag
>large backpack
>metal pot
>metal bottle
>knife
>axe
>head lamp and extra batteries
>12 pack bic lighters
>single shot 12 gauge
>variety of buck and birdshot, maybe a few slugs
>lots of rope
>two 10x10 tarps
>4 piece spinning rod and reel, assorted tackle

depending on whether or not you're buying expensive shit vs generic, this could be done for well under $1000. I'd go cheap on the clothes, the pot, and the fishing gear. the single shot 12 gauge I own only cost $140 (brand new) so I guess that's considered "going cheap" too.

whatever money is left would be spent on food
>>
>natural disaster strips me of all gear
>magic store has everything i want
>nearest "safe area" is 14 day hike away
>paper currency still holds value

this game is fucking retarded.
>>
>>716341
we're all glad you came here to comment
>>
>>716342
i appreciate you acknowledging that
>>
>>716114
>A natural disaster happens
>come across a store that has everything you'd consider buying at fair prices.
nigger that's impoosible
>>
File: lastgirl.jpg (107 KB, 599x427) Image search: [Google]
lastgirl.jpg
107 KB, 599x427
>>716341
this!
>>
>>716342
he's right, though. the premise of this thread is retarded.
>>
i believe after the entire monetary system collapse the new currency will be blowjobs

everything will be measured in how many decent blowjobs they worth equal to (5-10 minutes of unskilled labor basically).

of course very good blowjobs might be expensive as they are not unskilled labor.
>>
80 moras and a bic lighter.
>>
>>716724
that will be 32 blowjobs
>>
>>716114
Clothing. Being naked would suck. After that, just a good stainless steel knife, 1000yds of 50lbs braided kevlar fishing line, wide range of sizes of fishing hooks, snares, axe, rocket stove, supercapacitor crank/solar charged flashlight, 2-person tent, titanium cooking gear, external backpack, sleeping bag for 10 degrees lower than the lowest nightly temps, 2 emergency blankets, 3 pack of those long BBQ lighters, Snickers bars, trailmix, jerky, as much water as I can carry, mountain bike with saddle containers & solid rubber tires, and a bicycle repair kit. and as many large 1st aid kits the bicycle could carry.

Some of that stuff I actually don't need for only 14 days/nights. I'd just get it because it'll be a bit more comfy and I can take my time and have some stuff to trade with other people; especially the 1st aid kits, food & water.

Also, why are so many people thinking that a natural disaster is the end of the world? I've lived through many natural disasters. The world didn't end. My neighbors didn't eat me.

If I felt I was in danger and needed help I'd just buy a PLB and wait for rescue.
>>
File: 5 out of 5.gif (145 KB, 452x750) Image search: [Google]
5 out of 5.gif
145 KB, 452x750
>>716721
>>716724
>>716725

topkek
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.