[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stove Usage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Moron here, I don't have time to post in another thread (since I'm leaving for a week long trip earlySaturday morning) so I'll ask here. I just bought a JetBoil stove, and after looking online and skimming through the operating manual I haven't seen a clarification as to whether this is solely intended to boil water, or if it can boil food (example: oatmeal, ramen, etc). If it's the former, do I just pour the boiling water on top of a bowl of oatmeal or MRE and call it a meal? Or can I do the latter? Thanks
>>
>>716066
...why wouldn't you be able to cook food in it? of course it does both, boils water and boils food inside. not useful for much more than that....
>>
Stoves are useful for if you bring food that needs to be cooked for lunch of breakfast. You shouldn't have to stop in the middle of the day and make a fire to cook something, because then you have to wait until the embers burn out. If you have unlimited source of water to drown it out, then I guess it doesn't make a difference, but it's still just easier to bring a stove.
>>
File: 20151102_085250i.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2157) Image search: [Google]
20151102_085250i.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2157
>>716066
I've posted the same before...

If youre going to cook in it the Jetboil flash and zip need to be boil in the bag food only, you'll burn anything else.

It is possible to cook with a Minimo as the flame is a lot more tweakable. I bought the Minimo to use the stove, and run with my old Jetboil pot as it packs better for me. I'd also advise buying a Jetboil pot stand, it lets you cook/use normal pans as if it were a normal gas stove. This way I have the balls out fast efficient boil of a Jetboil for some stuff and the versatility of a normal gas stove for cooking beyond the scope of boil in the bag.

This is just pancakes but when the weather is fine, I often do a full cooked breakfast on the beach with mine
>>
>>716076
I had a friend have a JetBoil that had the can warp due to him claiming that it "was getting too hot from using the cup with food inside", as opposed to just water. Take from that what you will, anecdotal as it is
>>
>>716093
>If youre going to cook in it the Jetboil flash and zip need to be boil in the bag food only, you'll burn anything else.

I've read this sentence several times and cannot understand the emotions you're conveying
>>
>>716066
>example: oatmeal, ramen,
Don't oatmeal and ramen both involve boiling water?
>>
>>716106
What I mean to say is: I do not know whether putting a dry oatmeal + lukewarm water combination in the canister and them heating this mixture until sufficiently warm, versus putting ONLY lukewarm water in the canister, waiting until it is boiling, and then placing that boiling water onto an external cup of dry oatmeal, is what the product is designed for.
>>
>>716106
Not an /out/ person here, but I do know that oatmeal does not need to boil. I cook oatmeal in my crockpot every morning.
If that hunk of garbage could boil water, I'd be able to eat spaghetti. But sadly it does not. Pasta MUST boil in order to become food. Oatmeal does not (neither does rice).
>>
I don't know jetboils or oatmeal, but ramen cooks fine if you pour boiling water on it and wait a bit.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.