[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for a pair of good boots to use for camping,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 2670.1.jpg (727 KB, 1852x2148) Image search: [Google]
2670.1.jpg
727 KB, 1852x2148
I'm looking for a pair of good boots to use for camping, hiking, working, etc.
I'm looking for something in black. However, I'm on a pretty restrictive budget at ~$60.
Really just the name of a reliable, affordable brand would help a lot.
Interested in pic related just for the 'Nam feel but all suggestions are welcome.
Thanks folks.
>>
File: 45725935.gif (427 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
45725935.gif
427 KB, 400x225
>>715785
Modern /out/doorians don't wear boots.

the current market offers shoes who support/protect your feet way better than/as every boot in the past 45 years.
>>
>>715794
I can believe that but I want boots.
>>
>>715785
This might help friend.
>>698005
>>
>>715808
Thanks for the link desu
>>
>>715800
Don't believe it, he's an idiot kid with no experience who believes marketing bullshit is real. Probably lives somewhere without weather, too. If nothing else leather boots are more water resistant, easier to clean, and last a LOT longer for the price.
>>
>>715841
Not at 60$ they won't.
>>
>>715841
>living somewhere without weather
perhaps the greatest sin a (white) man can commit
>>
>>715841
All these modern shoes made of a thousand patches, with a thousand seams you'll never get clean, mesh that you will not get clean without soaking the entire shoe in water, membranes under the mesh that will get either clocked or broken from dirt but will not work above 15°C, just when you need them the most... Fuck this shit. Old school combat and jungle boots were made to last and be easy to clean, new civilian boots are made to be cheap to make and quick to break.
>>
>>715785
Milsurp is the answer to all your questions.

https://www.swisslink.com/products/footwear_handwear/new_czech_leather_boots-6-1216/
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/new-italian-military-surplus-steel-toe-work-boots?a=1884189
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/2-pk-of-mens-used-swiss-mil-mountain-boots-black?a=203534

if it is for hiking, id personally go with the swiss mountain boot.
>>
>>715841
>Probably lives somewhere without weather, too
I live in central europe, germany

plus i talk about real outdoor shoes. build by real outdoor brands. boots are for those who live in the past.
>>
>>715901
>Milsurp is the answer to all your questions.
probaly in airsoft situations.
>>
File: Corcoran 985.jpg (48 KB, 828x651) Image search: [Google]
Corcoran 985.jpg
48 KB, 828x651
>>715785
OP, I highly recommend Corcoran 985s, but they're about double your budget.

If you can find a way to afford them, I think you'd be happy with 'em.

I'm wearing mine right now - they're tough, comfy and cool looking, in my opinion.
>>
File: 9k.jpg (49 KB, 640x371) Image search: [Google]
9k.jpg
49 KB, 640x371
>boots
>>
>>715920
Yuro milsurp usually is top notch quality. Thats swiss mountain boot for example is a tank built to last, and has excellent soles. I doubt you will find anything in its quality range, even if you add a 0 to its price tag.
>>
File: stiefel.jpg (188 KB, 539x595) Image search: [Google]
stiefel.jpg
188 KB, 539x595
>>715929
>>
>>715929
nah its heavy and bulky. you should wear a real outdoor shoe. you never will switch back.
>>
>>715929
Where do I find new swiss mountain boots? Do any mountain jew stores sell them?
>>
>>715937
>nah its heavy and bulky
So are Meindl Perfect, yet it is one of the finest boots available. Those swiss boots are made from some of the heaviest leather and are fully welted. Bit of leather grease every now and then and they will server your for years to come.

>>715955
http://www.green-store.ch/product_info.php/info/p14104_Swiss-Army---Orginal---Schuhe---Kampfstiefel----01---245-6.html

grade 01 is mint, grade 02 is used but good condition.
>>
cringing @ the replies in this thread
its like u guys don't even give a shit about your feet
>>
>>715923
>manlet.png
>>
File: 86768344.jpg (186 KB, 368x453) Image search: [Google]
86768344.jpg
186 KB, 368x453
>>715785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-9xuobcZKs
>>
>>715785
I just bought those rothco boots for $35 at an army surplus. They have at least lasted for two short hikes.
Be aware that the reviews are mostly poor
>>
Military surplus if you're on budget. Cheap and will last an eternity. However might not be the most comfortable and need lots of time to break in.
>>
>>718490
Where do you even go for surplus stuff? I checked out a local shop today purporting to be selling it and it was full of consumer shit.
>>
>>718506
Sadly that what most surplus stores sell nowadays. Maybe the gubment isnt as keen on letting go of old stuff lately, who knows.

Check online
>>
>>718490
>surplus
brudda why would you wear used boots? fetish?
>>
>>718596
poorfags gunna poor
and anyway surplus doesn't necessarily mean used
>>
>>715996
Seriously, what the fuck is up with these milsurp fags who think muh durability is the most important thing ever? It doesn't matter how tough your shoes are if your feet will be aching, covered in blisters, and carrying a heavy as fuck shoe after no time.
>>
>>715785
I have had a pair of baits combat boots steel toe that lasted me one deployment, 2 years doing general light mechanical work, a large amount of field ops being out doors for two weeks at a time. after all that they still lasted an additional three years working as a mechanic, working outside, and trade school. I still have the boots to this day. I believe if they get severely damaged I can send them in to get them repaired. They were about 90 dollars and aren't the warmest. They are actually for hot weather but I still wear them when working in snow. I would suggest looking into that brand. I'm not sure if all branches of military issue baits boots but that is what the marine corps gave us. any time I had to get a new pair it was just because they were dirty and in the marine corps that is unacceptable. They make you get new ones
>>
>>715785
They have literally no tread on them by now but it has been years and I still make do with them
>>
>>715785
You might have good luck looking at a military surplus store. My boots however were not black
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.