[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UK /OUT/ THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: green and pleasant land.jpg (99 KB, 964x687) Image search: [Google]
green and pleasant land.jpg
99 KB, 964x687
Thread for UK sc/out/s .

Any decent wild camp location suggestions?

What kind of /out/ activities do you guys enjoy?

I'm vaguely looking out for someone to help me shoot outdoors youtube videos, most out there are boring and alfie doesn't post enough.
>>
>>715139
>outdoors youtube videos

are you 16?
>>
File: SAM_4007.jpg (114 KB, 365x548) Image search: [Google]
SAM_4007.jpg
114 KB, 365x548
>>715139

What about Dartmoor?
>>
>>715149
nature photography is pretty kewl
i knew this guy once who did it
he was pretty cute and the videos were good even without some lame ass """personality""" in them and just the sounds and images of life
>>
There is /out/ in uk?
>>
>>715674
I think Dartmoor is the best option, although I'm trying to find somewhere a little closer to home as a practice ground. I'll go to Scotland for 'proper' trips.

A secluded part of the New Forest might be nice.
>>
>>715684
I've never been to the New Forest but it looks like shite on Google earth. There are plenty of wooded areas in the Home Counties where I've had happy times stealth camping, foraging, bushcrafting.
>>
File: mindy.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mindy.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
mindy
>>
>>715741
>stealth camping

What happens if you get caught? Pretty much nothing?
>>
>>715741

Dude Charlie Dimmock lives in the New Forest. Total Milf.
>>
>>716282
Unless you look like trouble (loud, rowdy, leave litter etc) its a slap on the wrist.
>>
I'm a shutin who never does anything looking to get into walking and seeing some of the UK.

There's an "official" 100 mile coastal quite near where I live and I was just wondering if this would be a good thing to do. I was also wondering how to go about it, if I should pay to stay at places along the way or bring a sleeping bag. Or am I out of my depth here? Thoughts?
>>
>>718140
sleeping bag on it's own is no good, sleeping bag and a goretex bivvy is ok, sleeping bag and a one man tent is ideal. it'll probably take 5 or 6 days unless you're pushing yourself, so it's feasible to do it all camping, but i'd probably spend at least one night in a BnB during the journey - it's nice to have a warm bed, shower and breakfast. especially if the weather is shitty
>>
>>718154
I hadn't heard of a brivvy before, that looks quite good. Thanks for the tips.
>>
I'm setting off on a cycle tour around Scotland on Friday, doing Mull, the outer hebrides, Skye then a loop around the coast finally ending up back in Fort William. Also planning on doing the Southern Upland Way c2c walk afterwards in May.

Scotland is fucking beautiful and areas of the highlands/islands are about as /out/ as the UK gets. Ireland looks very good also if for isolation and some briddy nice scenery but I've not been there myself.

Shame we no longer have huge woods/forests like the US/EU, unfortunately it's hard to find places where you won't see people for a few days but they do exist. The lakes is fucking great but outside of winter the majority of the fells are swarming with kinds of people you go /out/ to avoid. Same applies to most of our hilly areas. Dartmoor and the Brecon Beacons are pretty quiet but there's not too much variety in the landscape and the weather can be a motherfucker how open they are.
>>
Blackpool tower
>>
>>716282
I don't know because in cumulative months of wild camping, lighting fires and poaching, I've never been caught once. My instinct tells me the English are too lazy to slog up the hill and tell you to fuck off.
If you're concerned, however, just go into a pub and ask them where it'd be okay to pitch a tent. If their beergarden isn't an option, they'll point you in the right direction.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.