[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of sword do you carry in the bush? Do you prefer a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: katana.jpg (132 KB, 973x718) Image search: [Google]
katana.jpg
132 KB, 973x718
What kind of sword do you carry in the bush? Do you prefer a spear instead?
>>
Well sword goes better aesthetically with my fedora and fingerless leather gloves.

Spear goes better with my wool cape and vibram five fingers.

My favourite of course is my thousand folded wakazashi as it's a good balance between size/weight and utility, you know for dealing with those pesky skin walkers.
>>
>>714905
I use a machete to clear light brush innawoods sometimes, does that count as a "sword"?
>>
>>714909

I carry a machete too for utility but sometimes autism out and role play with myself running through the woods attacking trees pretending they're people.
>>
>>714905
I use a gothic greatsword, it really excells at preparing firewood and other camp chores.

>>714909
No, machetes are for plebs.
>>
>>714905
Spear. Always a spear. My fat neckbeard ass finds a big enough shrub to hide in and then I wait. After a while my deodorant wears off and my grandma says the neighbors complain and she sprays me with a hose until I go back to the basement.
>>
>>714910
Tactical from YouTube, is that you?
>>
A pork sword
>>
>>714905
I need no edged tools when I go out. None of my habits require them. None of my equipment needs them.

#noedge2016
>>
>>714905
>1055 carbon
have fun sharpening that after every swing.
shit gets dull cutting air.
>>
>>714905
You might think I'm bullshitting, but I killed a wild hog last month with a sog spear tip on a broom handle.
I do use a sword set like this for bushwhacking though. Surprised its lasted like 7 years in the wilderness.
>>
>>714923
at least it won't break if you smack two together.
but frankly katana should be laminated steel.
>>
File: not_edgy_at_all.gif (75 KB, 598x398) Image search: [Google]
not_edgy_at_all.gif
75 KB, 598x398
>>715097
>>
>>715252
Dammit. Meant to post that against >>714921
>>
>>715200
>there aren't quality steels that will hold an edge and won't be brittle as fuck
1095 is where it's at, senpai
>>
>>715272
1095 is too brittle to make swords out of
sorry
>>
>>715272
>1095
it is known to break on wood let alone steel.
it has fine edge retention if you only plan on hacking flesh with it and never parry or something.
not good for combat not even with differential heat treat.
>>
>>714905
i have my trusted penis as a weapon
>>
File: JungleHunter.jpg (56 KB, 1500x699) Image search: [Google]
JungleHunter.jpg
56 KB, 1500x699
>>714905
mustard race here! muffugah jungle hunter. i batton the shit out of logs 20" thick. this thing is a beast. not only will i survive the apocalypse with this, i feel, with my skill, i could easily take out a grizzly bear or pack of wolves with just this sword. making this the ultimate in self defense too. best of all i got it used, but in near mint condition for only $250. msrp is $700. going to upgrade it. skeletonizing it by drilling holes along the length to save wieght. also going to do a custom zombie duracoat paint job.
>>
>>715298
>>715313
>too brittle
>breaks on wood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bJEoTfafQ
>>
>>715347
try smacking it sideways nignog like you know in fencing
unless you think swordsmen block with the edge then we have nothing to talk about
>>
>>715347
>wood
all i see is bamboo btw
it relates to hardwood they made shields of like... nothing
>>
File: 1348429612573.jpg (49 KB, 464x444) Image search: [Google]
1348429612573.jpg
49 KB, 464x444
>>715970
Clements you retard!

Try some real fencing some time.
>>
>>715983
i meant parry not block damn anyways you shouldn't block with straight edge either but at an angle
and even if you present your edge your opponent will hit your flat anyways eventually

which is why 1095 steel is shit for swords
it will snap like glass if hardened
>>
>>714907
This is a good post, I think it deserves at least a few replies. Cmon, guys.
>>
>>715347
Fuck me, it's such a pleasure seeing someone who actually knows how to handle a weapon review a sword rather than some fat american guy clumsily flailing at some water bottles.

I personally take a Kingdom Hearts keyblade reproduction when I go out into my stepdad's backyard. The perfect cutting tool.
>>
>>715347
what is he cutting? giant stalks of celery?
>>
>>714907
this truly is an excellent meme reply to an ok meme OP. truly under rated. is this place actually serious now?
>>
>>715346
>using a sword on wolves

just bodyslam them
>>
>Cold Steel
No.
>>
Spear, I made it for fun mostly but its turned out to be angread walking stick. I tempered it for maximum toughness so I walk with it point down.
I'm not sure why you guys are worried about looking cool in the woods, maybe you should just walk around the mall in nice cloths.
>>
>>715097
Actually own these exact swords, they are overall mall ninja trash but I've used them pretty effectively as an edge to abuse and shit when innawoods.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 333x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 333x399
>carrying a sword /out/
>not carrying a superior Klingon Bat'leth to deal with all those pesky critters
Get on my level city dwellers
>>
If you have room to carry a sword, you may as well swap it out for a machete + shotgun/rifle.
>>
People did carry swords when /out/ before firearms were commonplace.

For defense of robbers, but also for sticking boar from horseback.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.