[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
building an outdoor shelter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: Valley_Forge_cabin.jpg (3 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
Valley_Forge_cabin.jpg
3 MB, 3008x2000
Yo /out/ so I want to build a decent outdoor shelter in the woods to hang out in. Just something with enough room for several people to chill inside and smoke and drink in. Maybe enough room for someone to sleep, like 8x8 feet.

Last summer I built one with my friends with plywood and tree branches but it got destroyed over the winter. I am looking to build something more sturdy, I was thinking I could make something decent by nailing 2x4s to trees and putting a tarp over it. I was thinking about building an actual small log cabin, but it seems quite hard.

It will be in the woods of minnesota so not too extreme of a climate and a lot of trees. I have a couple hundred to spend on it and a saw and an ax. Suggestions?
>>
Yeah.........stop putting nails in live trees that someone will hit with their chainsaw.... That causes the chain to break and the operator can be maimed or killed.

Build a cabin..... if they could do it 200 years ago with an axe and a saw; then you can too.
>>
Where at in MN?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.