[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smoky Mountain Permits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 900.jpg (187 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
900.jpg
187 KB, 600x900
Plen here, I've backpacked the AT both south (Nantahala) and north (Pisgah) of the Great Smoky Mountain Park grounds, but never through the park itself: I am fully aware that you need a permit to camp or backpack anywhere within the park grounds; however, I am completely on-the-fence as to whether I will go for a 4-5 day & night trek through it for Spring Break (which is starting this Saturday). If it isn't too late to purchase the permit (I don't even know if this is done by mail or can be done instantly or electronically), could I get away with backpacking without it?
>>
Should be able to buy it online and print it out. It's how I get my fishing and hunting permits. Should be the same way
>>
I went on the site and it looks like you can reserve up to the day you go.

they e-mail you the permit. you need to print and carry with you.

https://smokiespermits.nps.gov/index.cfm?BCPermitTypeID=1

good luck anon.
>>
File: gt.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
gt.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
I highly recommend a trip in the Smokies, but
the A.T. during spring break is probably not the best time.
Permits were once mostly straightforward and free, but no longer. the park service has strong-armed a new policy into place in 2013 despite huge opposition from the local communities.
>>
check out Southern forest Watch
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.