[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 6" 5' lanklet looking for a solo tent that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1451926639507.jpg (70 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
1451926639507.jpg
70 KB, 640x718
>tfw 6" 5' lanklet looking for a solo tent that won't make me wanna kill myself

Help me lads, any tall bros that have any suggestions?
>>
6'4" here. I bought a 2 person tent and sleeping bag. Very roomy and comfy. Only downside is the draft that comes in the sleeping bag when it gets cold and windy at night.
>>
File: 418KJ3XK66L[1].jpg (17 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
418KJ3XK66L[1].jpg
17 KB, 500x357
>>713583
/too drunk to not edit
all you really need to do is examine to dimensions before you buy. use one person tent to narrow down the search and then see what people say about the actually length. i'm 6'4" and have used pic related many times before. hannibal is hilarious btw, good taste.
>>
>>713583
What this guy said is right but be careful, just because you are 77 inches long doesn't mean an 80 inch tent will fit you

I'm 6'3 and my tent is 90" long and I just fit lengthwise without laying at an angle. You have to remember you are longer lying down because your feet point out and you stretch out
>>
>>713585
He's really not that funny off the eric Andre show.
Ever seen his stand up? Cringe worthy
>>
>>714485
yeah? he was great on rogan's podcast recently. i guess compared to rogan anybody is a comedic genius.
>>
>>714485
his early stuff was good

his last special was mediocre though
>>
File: p-11196-3140.gif (107 KB, 486x307) Image search: [Google]
p-11196-3140.gif
107 KB, 486x307
I feel your pain OP. Do yourself a solid and pick up a French military tent like the one pictured. I have one and it's the tits. They are cheap, light, and easy to put up.
>>
>>716438
>forty bucks
on a board where people defend spending ten times that on a tarp forgive me if i think this is a troll.
>>
>>716445
>le it's more $ so it's better maymay
usually spending more on out gear means it's lighter
spending less on milsurp means it'll be heavy but strong
>>
>>716457
you can't deny that people judge the quality of products or things other than product itself. think brand name soap and wine snobs. i'm genuinely considering buying it so thank you for the added "information" anyway.
>>
>>716438
I had problems with these not holding rain out too well, either it came in from the sideways as angled rain through the door to the floor or the actual plastic/rubber "tarp" that was shaped to go on the tent to waterproof it started leaking from the sewing.

I do presume we are talking about the tent that Varusteleka sells.
>>
>>716445
Your skepticism is understandable. I will say that I can't find any problems with it aside from the low and narrow "windows".

>>716457
5.6lbs total weight with the poles, metal stakes, tent, and bag. By no means the lightest option available but that's what tarp and hammock camping is for.

>>716510
I immediately waterproofed the top of mine upon receiving it, works just fine for my needs. I don't recall exactly where I purchased mine from, may have been sportsman's guide a few years ago.

The biggest selling point was that I could fit a cot inside with all of my other field gear. Now that I don't have to ruck around with 80 lbs worth of shit, it is still nice to have all that space.
>>
>>716683
Further clarification, this tent did not come with a fly, hence the additional waterproofing. Another big selling point was that it had a floor (was looking specifically for small military tents at the time).
>>
>>716683
>>716692
i greatly appreciate your comments but now i have to find a damn place that sells one.
>>
>>716438
Sure if you want to fineggle around the pole every time you go in and out. And then knock it over 90% of the time. And then get so frustrated by the experience that you snap at your wife..which starts a fight that is the last straw. Then that leads to a divorce, and she cries in court and gets full custody and all your assets and the dog. The fucking dog.. and then you spend your time talking to idiots on 4chan about moras and Batoning and the same stupid style of tent that ruined your life and plot the day that'll you'll leave go rogue in the wilderness forever.
>>
File: 5KI7bf[1].gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
5KI7bf[1].gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>716799
nice dubs
heavy post
>>
6'5" 270lbs
either get a 2person tent or join the hammock master race
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.