[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get High, Climb Trees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0435.jpg (2 MB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0435.jpg
2 MB, 1840x3264
This weekend is regionals!
I am so excited about the southern chapter of the ISA annual tree climbing championship!
Probably technically belongs in /asp/, but those guys are faggots and I don't post there.
I know there are a few tree guys here. Any of you ever check out these competitions?
>>
There's such a thing as competitive tree climbing?? I would kick ass at that
>>
>>713466
Nvm I just googled it. I was picturing like dirty white kids with dreads and bare feet seeing who could climb the highest. Not even close..
>>
>>713466
Do it. I never work. I play in trees for a living and get paid pretty well.

I guess I can find some relevant links to post.
>>
>>713475
Nah mane. This is legit work inspired sport.
I'm killer at free climbing too, but it is a different skill set.
>>
>>713396
Since there was otherwise no mention of drugs, I assume you meant "get high: climb trees" not "get high, climb trees"?

I was excited at first, but now I'm just disappointed.
>>
File: IMG_7565.jpg (147 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7565.jpg
147 KB, 640x480
http://www.itcc-isa.com/events/calendar/calendar.aspx
Find an event near you. Check it out. Cool people who love trees and who are knowledgeable and friendly are always around.

http://www.isasouthern.org/treeclimbing.html
This is the event that I am pumped about competing in.

https://youtu.be/q5zvSkV-cW0
An example of a solid work climb from a few years ago. If anyone is interested, I am totally willing to dig through all of the stuff on YouTube and find good videos of whatever interests someone.

There are 5 events.
Throwline is how we set our ropes for spikeless work. It is harder than some guys make it look.
Belayed speed climb is a doubled, dynamic rope dash to the top of a tree with someone tending your slack. This is the only event that is not directly imitating work. It's just fun.
Secured footlock is a 50 foot ascent up a rope by grabbing it with your hands and feet. The record is somewhere between 13 and 14 seconds.
Work climb is pretty much that. You run around in a tree to reach work stations and perform tasks.
Aerial rescue is the least predictable event. They hang a dummy in a completely possible position in the tree and you have to go rescue him. The situations vary, and usually you pull out some clever engineering in this one.
>>
>>713497
Generally it is up to one's own discretion...
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.