[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving next to a national forest this summer. I've only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: routtmedicinebow.jpg (55 KB, 340x435) Image search: [Google]
routtmedicinebow.jpg
55 KB, 340x435
Moving next to a national forest this summer. I've only limited out experience. What do?

Image related
>>
>>713003
>Going to go live in the woods alone and with no real-world experience.
>What will I do?
Die, probably.

But it's beautiful there, so I may come watch you die. It'll be fun. For me.
>>
Die or get molested by the Rainbow Family. Either way, better to stay indoors.
>>
>>713041
Who said I'm living in the woods? I'm living in a house in the same county. That's why i used the phrase "next to."
>>
>>713003
Hiking, camping, hunting, fishing.. You know, fun outdoors stuff.
>>
Bring brightly colored trail markers (like that awesome neon plastic tape stuff) if you don't have well defined trails. It's easier to get lost than you'll expect if you don't have a good sense of direction and some serious forest savvy. I used to live next to thousands of acres of forestry woods and would spend tons of time out there. Until I learned the trails and the hills I marked my path. When I learned my area I took my markers down, but you got to get to know your neighborhood before dashing out. Especially if you're talking BIG wilderness. Also, bring more water than you think you'll need and until you know your area well, turn back home when you get a 1/3 of the way through your water supply. And keep a pocket knife on you. Pocket knives are awesome and super handy.
>>
>>713159
Trail marking sounds fun thanks anon
>>
>>713003
which forest? what you do depends allot on that.
>>
>>713003

Learn to read a map.
Get a GPS
>>
>>713003
Dirtbikes, ATVs, speed boats, open up a fast food franchise.

Anything you can do to disturb the tranquility.
>>
>>715123
>image related
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.